• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man in the Garden of Eden

true blood

Genesis 2:15-17 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

My question: What died in man that day?

To eat the fruit of the forbidden tree should result in total destruction.

The question I would ask is why didn't man die that day?

that aside, Our intimate relationship with God died.

true blood

Another question

And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

neither shall ye touch it Why did Eve "add" to what God actually said?

inca

First we need to understand "day" in Hebrew means different times, it's called "yown". Genesis 2;1-4, compare Genesis 1:1 with Exodus 20:11 and Isaiah 48:13. Therefore, in order to understand the ticking of time depends on the point of view of God and the human observer and the conditions in nature and simultaneous times in different places of the universe, you need to read the Hebrew explanation with the physicist and theologist who wrote from Jerusalem, Gerald Schroeder, Ph.D., his book is "Genesis and the Big Bang".
Hence, the "day" they started to die was according to the circumstances of their formation (I'm not saying "creation" cos Hebrew is specific in the case of Adam & Eve "formation" from something already existing, different from "barah" which means "create", compare with Genesis 1:26; 2:7, 18, 19, 22).
When the couple had access to the fruit of knowledge they were stopped to have access to the OTHER TREE, the tree of life. So, since that day in both ways, in the perspective of God during thousands of years and the very day that they sinned, there was a whole metamorphosis in their biological system. The access of the tree of knowledge meant a sort of hallucinogic "spiritual" contact with the deceiver (2 Corinthians 11:3), the corruption of Eve's mind probably was something linked to electrochemical frequences (light) directly in the brain (2 Corinthians 11:14), so Samael (Satan) after had sex with Eve and that was the sexual comerce or sin as I have explained in this forum.The chemical structure of serotonine and melatonine or endorfines linked in a key-lock sincronism with wahtever hallucinogenic "tree" allowed the contact with the spiritual realm of the cherub (Ezekiel 28):
www.jornalinfinito.com.br/series.asp?cod=81
www.jornalinfinito.com.br/series.asp?cod=80
They actually became gods and their "eyes" (3rd eye, pituitary gland, melatonine linked to longevity as it's said was demonstrated with experiences with mice) were opened. Genesis 3:7. That text proves Satan didn't lie (3:5). In fact even the plural "god" acknowledged Adam and Eve became like them effectively knowing good and evil (3:22). So the procedure was expelled them from the greenhouse genetic laboratory experience called Eden cos otherwise THEY COULD EFFECTIVELY TAKEN THE OTHER TREE FRUIT, THE EVERLASTING LIFE (3:22, 23).
www.sitchin.com/adam.htm
www.sitchin.com/images/adam1.jpg
www.s8int.com/adamsrib.html
www.sitchin.com/genetics.htm
www.sitchin.com/primate.htm
www.sitchin.com
In the last one, please check the last part.
It's no surprise the more generations advance on time our bodies are accumulating what is called "genetic junk", 3% already of DNA. That is acacaca...adenine-citosine ....repetition rather than adenine-timine, citosine-guanine.... We adquired the intelligence of the gods but we lost the longevity of them cos in their realms one single "year" means more than 3200 Earthly "years". Hence, Sitchin had to explain how come the analysis of the text of Psalms saying part of a "day" means 1000 years to "god" is important in this issue. After all the system we have to measure days, hours, months, week, year, constelations doesn't come from Greece but ancient Sumerian, Maya, etc, ..knowledge. Even the 7th day of resting was kown before Jews in Sumerian "bars". The Annunaki gods, of course, rested in the 7th "bar".

Paul says (if i remember correctly) that in Adam all sinned and therefore all died, while in Christ all were made righteous and receive life. He also says that we are all dead because of sin, refering, i think, to spiritual death, or the death of our spirits.
When we are 'born again' we are made spiritually alive. Our spirit's and Christ's Spirit becomes one. Watchman Nee (I think in 'release of the spirit') noted that it is sometimes difficult, when translating the N.T, to Know if it is the Holy Spirit or the Human spirit that is being refered to.
So, as Christians, we believe that God's Spirit dwells within us, gives us spiritual life and the Christlike ability to overcome sin. However, we (as Christians) need to grasp that Christ's resurrection power dwells within. without our cooperation His power remains dormant within us and sin retains its awful hold.

inca

Even before Christianism, Eclesiastes 12:6,7 mentions a silver ribbon (something known by people who practice spiritism or who have witnessed some experiences out of the body). It also says the "spirit" gets back to the original fountain which is God. Paul himself must've had a similar experience when talking about the paradise and the 3rd "heaven" (2 Corinthians 12:1-4). All the paradises like Apocalipsis do have jewels, temples and extraordinary things and hybrid beings. That's hyperdimensional reality. Not fantasy, symbols or archetypes. In the resurrection it's said there are bodies from corruption and others for glory. But I don't think nobody on Earth is an expert to discover that by experience and got back to explain to us. So my previous answer wasn't metaphysical, it was biological and according to the understanding of the Hebrew and Sumerian texts.

inca

Inocence indeed was lost too...as it happens whenever you sin for the first time. After a while the scar appears in the consciousness and you get used to the sin; and the sin struggles to become your master...as Paul admited honestly. But you gotta understand this is all part of plan, a chess game where everything was allowed for reasons. 2 Tesalonicenses 2:8-12; Job 2:1-7; Genesis 3:1-5, 22-24.
It's good to read from the Bible too, okey dokey?

song

My understanding is when Adam took from the tree the death began in the physical human body as well as physical death of everything on the earthy... The tree brought sin into the world which brought the separation from God. Man wasn't able to attain the "original" "walk" with God until after the Death, burial and resurrection of Christ and the ability to receive the Holy Ghost... this is what Ones with man and God again, our ability to "walk" with God is know attainable.

inca

Everyone can and would believe whatever he (she) pleases but the fact is people continue to ignore what the Bible says and other things too. I have explained why there's no majestic plural in at least 3 texts in Genesis; I have said how the word "god" is deceiving and how come even the New Testament explains the "god" seen by Moses was like an "angel"; I have explained -somewhere in this forum- both Jewish original myth about Samael (Satan) having sex with Eve and the Sumerian account giving details about Creation. I have mentioned the scientific facts linked to those details and specified in Sumerian accounts leading to a conclusion of genetic experiences in the past. The very story of Genesis is a story about a dicotomy between two "lineages" (Gen 3:14,15). The people still have in their minds a John Huston's film (The Bible...in the beginning) and Hollywood films as basis of knowledge. Do you think Almighty was walking in the garden at sunset or was it another deity making some sort of noise? Genesis 3:8
Animal creatures were dying before Adam as we can see in geological strata (independent of how much time do you wanna admit following Creationists ideas), so death already existed in our planet Earth. Sin was not brought by a tree (part of a creation anyways). The tree was just a medium (hallucinogenic medium in fact) for the contact between the cherub-reptil and the woman. Hence, when there was sexual intercourse between Satan and Eve the result was Cain arrival, the fruit of sin. But who ever knew from Christianism the story about Samael? Who knoes the association between him and Lillith the sucubus and her name written in Isaiah 34:14 or the references in Zecharia 5:9? Who among you know the word "yadha" in Hebrew is knowing by experience and the references to "meet" or "know" are precisely sexual intercourse unless you understand Adam said "glad to know you AGAIN darling" in Gen 4:25? Everytime there was this "knowing" a child was born (4:1, 17, 25). The "lord" who helped Eve was not Almighty but certain "god". The sin was not placed in the hand that stole the fruit nor the mouths that ate the fruit but in euphemistic "hips" which they covered first with fig leaves (3:7,8) and then the entity provided LARGER animal skin clothes (3:21). Judaism wanted to interpret those things like onthogenesis in spiritual realms and the covering of human bodies and they try to use the snake and the names of Biblical characters as meaning other things but there's more than a simple symbolism here and we can't base our criteria only in Babylonian source inserted into Judaism either only. Ezekiel 28 compares the king of Tyrus with the cherub behavior in Eden. From verse 13 on, we see in his arrogance he practiced iniquity and intense "comerce"....sexual comerce. He was the sinner first and had to be expelled (probably from outside of the planet Earth. Tyrus meant Mars in Phoenicia and the reference to verse 21 explains why Freemasons chose the name Cydonia to specific place on Mars surface, but that's another theme).
The other "angels" (cherubs) came down to Earth and had sexual intercourse with women of the Earth as it's mentioned in universal legends of the world. But who told them about the pleasure on doing this? It was their leader. Some of these events are written in Judas 6-14 and 2 Peter 4-14 but they got the information from Apocrypha manuscripts, like Henoc manuscript. So, there was some truth in those rolls.
www.s8int.com/giants1.html
There are 8 pages to read in that link.

Hi Inca :hi:

I hear what your say but I have no idea what it is you believe. Could you tell me what it is you believe in a (preferably) short and straightforward manner. don't do it here though. If you want, you can do it in my topic 'Christianity:the first religion?'. It's up to you. Better still, you could create your own topic relating to your beliefs and Cosmology.

God bless 8)

inca

I'm sorry. It's imposible for me to say in a short manner my belief. It requires a question selecting FILES on information regarding a specific issue. God bless you & your family too. Let Him to have mercy on us.

true blood

Genesis 2:15-17 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

My question: What died in man that day?

To eat the fruit of the forbidden tree should result in total destruction.

The question I would ask is why didn't man die that day?

that aside, Our intimate relationship with God died.