• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Males that identify as females using female bathrooms

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is a difference beween sex and gender. Sex is a physical characteristic that is seen in the sex organs, muscles, bone structure, average weights and heights, hormones, genes, body hair and other factors

Gender is a psychological factor that manifests itself in a number of ways, including . what sex the person believes they are.
Good point. I've noticed the LBGT community has hijacked this linguistics term for a type of noun class.
But if your objection involves ogling, titillation, or assault, wouldn't a same-sex gay be more worrisome than an uninterested opposite sex?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My daughter's are well grown. I'm simply using a "15 year old daughter/girl" as an example.
All school showers I were ever in didn't have shower stalls for each student.
Honestly, with "boy bits," I'd probably have been just as uncomfortable in a women's locker room as the guys, and definitely probably without doubt the most anxious about it. And it's not just my own discomfort, but also worries about others eager to read malicious intent my presence. As funny as it is to hear of some douche getting embarassed for "restroom gender checking," it's scary that people are actually doing that.
Realistically, there has never been anything to prevent a guy perving and creeping on women's showers, locker rooms, and restrooms. And, without presenting as female they do it. However, trans people are like anyone else and there to do their business. No one's peeking or perving. It's more likely the male janitor is, however.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the news, a victory for trans kids....
Supreme Court won’t hear dispute over bathrooms for transgender students
Excerpted...
The Supreme Court on Monday declined to take up the issue of whether the nation's schools must allow students to use the bathroom that match their gender identities.

The court declined, without comment, to hear the case of Gavin Grimm, who has been at the center of a long legal battle with the school board in Gloucester County, Virginia. Grimm was born female but identified as male after his freshman year in high school, legally changing his name and beginning hormone therapy.

The principal at first gave him permission to use the boys' bathroom, but the school board later adopted a policy saying restrooms were "limited to the corresponding biological genders."

"For school officials, as for parents, the question how best to respond to a teenager who identifies with the opposite biological sex is often excruciatingly difficult," lawyers for the school district told the Supreme Court. But the privacy rights of millions of students are at risk if their transgender classmates are allowed to use bathrooms matching their gender identities, they said.

Lawyers from the American Civil Liberties Union, representing Grimm, told the court that treating him differently by requiring him to use separate single-stall bathrooms singled him out "and stigmatized him as unfit to use the same restroom as his peers."

They said there was no need for the Supreme Court to take up the appeal, because the lower courts that have considered the issue reached the same conclusion — that treating transgender students differently violates a federal law, known as Title IX, that bans sex discrimination in school programs.

Monday's order denying review in the case means Grimm's victory in the appeals court remains intact.

The American Civil Liberties Union celebrated the action.