• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

male and female in orthodoxy

syo

In orthodoxy, that is the christian orthodox. we believe that the divine is as follows:
the Father is male. the creations of Father are female. the one creation of Father is ''Plasi'' what is created, which is female.

the Son is male and is also has a female quality Hagia Sophia holy wisdom. the Son is the male who connects all creations (female). the church is female and christ is the groom.

the holy spirit is neutral. it appeared as female dove, and as male paracletus.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
In orthodoxy, that is the christian orthodox. we believe that the divine is as follows:
the Father is male. the creations of Father are female. the one creation of Father is ''Plasi'' what is created, which is female.

the Son is male and is also has a female quality Hagia Sophia holy wisdom. the Son is the male who connects all creations (female). the church is female and christ is the groom.

the holy spirit is neutral. it appeared as female dove, and as male paracletus.
1: According to your religion tag, you're not at all an Orthodox Christian. Could you explain your religious tradition and your affiliation (or lack thereof) with Eastern Orthodoxy?
2: What you said above is a lot of half-correct statements. We believe that God is fundamentally beyond conceptions of gender; we only call Him "Father" because that is how He revealed Himself to us. It doesn't make sense to describe the creation as "female" to me other than in symbological terms. The Church is spoken of as being the Bride of Christ, true, but it is also the Body of Christ--so again, it goes beyond simple binaries of gender. The Holy Spirit is likewise beyond gender. Christ Himself is of course obviously a male in His humanity, but again, in His Divinity He transcends simple notions of human anatomical gender.

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

While I make no attempt to block the religious thought of others as long as they do no harm to others, I am so pragmatic that it gets boring at times. There is a lot of symbolism in what He had Moses and his folk doing, I've not been trained in any of it, but have always been such an outsider...

Hijab was a great comfort to me, and I felt secure and protected.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
No. male and female is not sexual organs. male and female go beyond humans. male and female are opposing forces.
What are you basing this on? I know this is a concept symbolically in various esoteric traditions, but I don't find it reflected in the Fathers or in the Bible. We can speak of male-female imagery surrounding the Persons of the Trinity and their interaction with the world, but to say that the Persons of the Trinity are male or female is a bridge too far as I see it.