• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Male and female energies

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
In the context of esotericism/New Age, in which women presumably are heavily overrepresented, one repeatedly comes across the statement that "male and female energies" must be "brought into balance". However, I cannot for the life of me remember ever having read or heard of a man who said that his male and female energies had to be brought into balance. Thoughts about this discrepancy?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In the context of esotericism/New Age, in which women presumably are heavily overrepresented, one repeatedly comes across the statement that "male and female energies" must be "brought into balance". However, I cannot for the life of me remember ever having read or heard of a man who said that his male and female energies had to be brought into balance. Thoughts about this discrepancy?

They're ida and pingala in Sanskrit. If someone says to a man: 'You need to soften up a bit' I think that's the same thing, in different words.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

As a man, I bring my masculine and feminine energies into balance all the time. Idk what you're talking about, other then, yes, there are more female new age authors then men.

Typically through grounding and centering.

masculinity-and-femininity-natural-and-wounded_orig.png

Note that these are averages, and not representative of everyone.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It depends on the person.
I like the male to be sweet, shy...etc...
Some other women prefer the rough, confident ones.
It is a matter of chemistry.

Lain

As a man, I bring my masculine and feminine energies into balance all the time. Idk what you're talking about, other then, yes, there are more female new age authors then men.

Typically through grounding and centering.

View attachment 56702

Note that these are averages, and not representative of everyone.

Informative graph for I had no idea what people even meant by "masculine" and "feminine" energies. Although it seems to be related to the comment I saw before "maleness is doing for the other and femaleness is being for the other," of which everyone needs to do both at different times in life competently. So if training in that is "bringing into balance" then it makes sense to me.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
However, I cannot for the life of me remember ever having read or heard of a man who said that his male and female energies had to be brought into balance. Thoughts about this discrepancy?

You have not read or heard of such a thing. That does not mean it does not exist.