• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making Your Own Compost

ScottySatan

Yes, we do it the very lazy way. We just have a pine 2x4 kind of fence or cage that we throw everything into. We don't stir it or treat it. The stuff in the bottom of the pile now is very nice and rich, looks better than potting soil.

I heard you have to put in 2 parts woody stuff to one part soft stuff, and if you just composted kitchen scraps from an apartment, you'd just end up with rotten garbage. Is that not true?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, we do it the very lazy way. We just have a pine 2x4 kind of fence or cage that we throw everything into. We don't stir it or treat it. The stuff in the bottom of the pile now is very nice and rich, looks better than potting soil.

I heard you have to put in 2 parts woody stuff to one part soft stuff, and if you just composted kitchen scraps from an apartment, you'd just end up with rotten garbage. Is that not true?
I just dig a big hole somewhere in my garden, & that's where everything (veggies, bones, meat, candy....you name it) goes for a year or 2. Does it just rot? I've never checked the bottom. But I do know that anaerobic composting works, albeit slowly. I like how little effort it takes.