• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making sense of the Pandemic

Dave Watchman

When I learned of some recent examples of sex change operations involving children as young as six or seven in some cases, I felt an anger that I believe God also feels.

There are many societal sins in these times that all reach biblically epic proportions. If the west and kingdoms of this world have crossed a line in the sand with God what would we expect to see?

I would expect to see action. In the future, in bible prophesies, we see that nations receive judgments of God trying to make them repent from their evil ways. In the past, we saw God taking action in Egypt and sending judgments to force Pharoah to get the point and change his ways or at least to let God's children go.

In both these cases, a successive series of judgments from God followed each other until the nations were broken as a result of not heeding His message and judgments.

I mostly agree with what you're saying there dad.

I agree that what's happening now is Biblical.

If this is the case with the plague that has come on the world then the only remedy would be to cease from the wicked things that brought it on and to cry out to God.

But I don't agree that we can change it anymore.

What is set to occur, is going to occur.

The Father has fixed a day to judge the world.

I was on the lookout for something like this to begin, or be manifest, by January this year, as far back as 2017.

Looking for a vaccine or cure would not work, because if the message was from God, some other event would follow that would accomplish the purpose anyhow.

This is something I definitely can agree with.

It's almost too spooky to talk about now as it seems to be taking place currently.

But if this is from God, there will be more incoming.

Something else is on the way.

Some other event would follow that would accomplish the purpose.

The message now seems to be to stay home. Don't go out if you don't have to.

"Go, my people, enter your rooms and close your doors behind you.
Hide for a little while until the wrath has passed. - Isaiah 26:20​

I suspect we are already within the prophetic time period. Since the summer of 2015 it's been like a tribulum of the Matrix where people have been walking around like things are normal, but they're not.

I tend to think what's happening now is just one of the signs that the dragon is given the power to do on behalf of, or in the presence of, the composite beast. The dragon gives his power, and his throne, and his great authority to the composite beast, which is the governments of the earth.

"Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.​

These signs will become the causation and the catalyst for all the rest of the unfathomable end time events awaiting us.

It is BECAUSE of the signs.

"He will even CAUSE fire to fall from heaven in the full view of men.
I would fear that this virus will get worse. It will reach a crescendo of sorts and culminate at some point soon with people around the world saying "peace and safety".

And then fire falls from heaven in the full view of men.

Like on the day that Lot left out from Sodom.

Sudden destruction and they will not escape.

So you can see that this is too spooky to hypothesise about, right while it might be occurring in real time.

Maybe that's why it says be silent before the Lord.

"Be silent before the Sovereign Lord,
for the day of the Lord is near.​

Peaceful rest of the Sabbath.

dad

Undefeated
In that case, Dad, you mislead us all when you wrote in your OP:-

You didn't learn anything of the kind, Dad.
Yes. I learned that young children, even against the wishes of a parent are being subjected to a process of transitioning to another sex.

dad

Undefeated
You must not have read the Scriptures I quoted, it's ok, I use selective reading too sometimes.

There is nothing evil about being born the wrong sex. People aren't "teaching" or "telling" their kids they are the wrong gender, the kids are informing the parents or guardians.

Have you actually come up with a quotable anti-trans scripture, like I did for showing we can't know the Gods desires?

The fact you think we need to find Scripture dealing with the issue tells me a lot.
God forbade certain things like same-sex relations. He does not like child sacrifice. So when we see millions of babies being killed we know He does not like this. When we see nations trying to encourage and legitimize children taking treatments to change sex that is not good.
There is no debate on whether wickedness is good here. There is only a debate about whether wickedness is now being judged by God.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes. I learned that young children, even against the wishes of a parent are being subjected to a process of transitioning to another sex.
No Dad...... you told us about sex-change operations.

Question: Do you think that tragedies like 9/11 could have been brought by a wrathful God?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Wars are part of life in a sinful fallen world. Not until the Prince of Peace returns will there be peace on earth.

Does that mean that these situations were sent by a wrathful God?

By the way, when Jesus returns there won't be much peace, or so the bible tells me.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Actually, the older generation in one case did sin so greatly that they were not allowed to enter the promised land. In this modern case, I do not know what the situation is. If God is moving in judgment then the first stages seem to involve the older generation as well as the medical system and etc.

Does the older generation have any blame in the wickedness now saturating society? Or is God having mercy on a lot of old folks protecting many from the things coming? Who knows. If God is the Judge He knows.

You got one thing right... "I don't know". So stop spreading nonsense as if you're some kind of authority on what God thinks.

dad

Undefeated
I mostly agree with what you're saying there dad.

I agree that what's happening now is Biblical.

But I don't agree that we can change it anymore.

What is set to occur, is going to occur.

The Father has fixed a day to judge the world.

I was on the lookout for something like this to begin, or be manifest, by January this year, as far back as 2017.

This is something I definitely can agree with.

It's almost too spooky to talk about now as it seems to be taking place currently.

But if this is from God, there will be more incoming.

Something else is on the way.

Some other event would follow that would accomplish the purpose.

The message now seems to be to stay home. Don't go out if you don't have to.

"Go, my people, enter your rooms and close your doors behind you.
Hide for a little while until the wrath has passed. - Isaiah 26:20​

I suspect we are already within the prophetic time period. Since the summer of 2015 it's been like a tribulum of the Matrix where people have been walking around like things are normal, but they're not.

I tend to think what's happening now is just one of the signs that the dragon is given the power to do on behalf of, or in the presence of, the composite beast. The dragon gives his power, and his throne, and his great authority to the composite beast, which is the governments of the earth.

"Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.​

These signs will become the causation and the catalyst for all the rest of the unfathomable end time events awaiting us.

It is BECAUSE of the signs.

"He will even CAUSE fire to fall from heaven in the full view of men.
I would fear that this virus will get worse. It will reach a crescendo of sorts and culminate at some point soon with people around the world saying "peace and safety".

And then fire falls from heaven in the full view of men.

Like on the day that Lot left out from Sodom.

Sudden destruction and they will not escape.

So you can see that this is too spooky to hypothesise about, right while it might be occurring in real time.

Maybe that's why it says be silent before the Lord.

"Be silent before the Sovereign Lord,
for the day of the Lord is near.​

Peaceful rest of the Sabbath.

Thanks. Looking at some of the responses here it does not seem that a lot of people would even consider repenting or changing or worshipping God.

As far as the virus resulting in people saying peace and safety, I am not sure about that. A pandemic could lead to a war that could lead to famine etc etc. It may not all be due to this one plague.

dad

Undefeated
Does that mean that these situations were sent by a wrathful God?

By the way, when Jesus returns there won't be much peace, or so the bible tells me.
Yes. There will be peace on earth. (to the men of good will left here)

dad

Undefeated
Well, you have advocated people to put weights around their necks and to jump in to deep water.
Oh, I see. Well, if people plan to rape and kill and violate children's nature, Jesus Himself recommends what would be a better option.

dad

Undefeated
You got one thing right... "I don't know". So stop spreading nonsense as if you're some kind of authority on what God thinks.
God thinks killing babies is evil. God thinks violating nature in sexual matters is evil. God had what He thinks written down for us, so don't blame me.