• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making sense of the Pandemic

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Making sense of the coronavirus

When I learned of some recent examples of sex change operations involving children as young as six or seven in some cases, I felt an anger that I believe God also feels. There are many societal sins in these times that all reach biblically epic proportions. If the west and kingdoms of this world have crossed a line in the sand with God what would we expect to see?
I would expect to see action. In the future, in bible prophesies, we see that nations receive judgments of God trying to make them repent from their evil ways. In the past, we saw God taking action in Egypt and sending judgments to force Pharoah to get the point and change his ways or at least to let God's children go.
In both these cases, a successive series of judgments from God followed each other until the nations were broken as a result of not heeding His message and judgments.
If this is the case with the plague that has come on the world then the only remedy would be to cease from the wicked things that brought it on and to cry out to God. The judgments in the bible were on nations in these cases for the most part, rather than individuals. There will come a time when God cleans up the books for all people, but that time was not in the past and was not in the last day prophesies of the bible.
Knowing that certain levels of sin and evil practices are bound to result in God stepping in, the question with the modern plague arises, is this a judgment from God? If it is, then the only way to stop it is for nations of the world to change drastically. If they did not, then what would be expected if this were a message to nations from God, is that even clearer messages via judgments would follow and there would be an end to the world order of the day.
We do know that a new world order will come to exist in the very final days of man's rule on earth according to bible prophesy. If this plague is from God then it would mean that we are entering that final period very soon. (unless nations cease sex-change operations, abortions, and some of the sins outlined in Scripture that have now reached heaven).
For many bible believers, this would make sense as to why such a horrible plague was allowed to enter the world today. One result of the virus has been that hospitals and medical systems have been, and will increasingly be overburdened. Nonessential surgeries are being canceled. If the plague was here as a result of the aforementioned reasons, that would seem to make sense that one of the first casualties of the event was the medical system.
Looking for a vaccine or cure would not work, because if the message was from God, some other event would follow that would accomplish the purpose anyhow. The only solution would be to change the ways of guilty nations and to repent.
The coming days will reveal if this scenario is correct or not. In any case, I would recommend that nations pray, and ask forgiveness and healing.

What a wonderful God you worship. He punishes the old and those with poor health for the sins of nations...

If there is a God I think he/she/it is more likely to be angry at people who peddle this kind of nonsense.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Yet the effect on nations and the medical system is immense. Hardly seems like just a virus. So, looking at the prophecies and the past in Scripture this could fit. I haven't heard a better guess yet.

I have... a highly contagious virus.

dad

Undefeated
Which is why I said your narrow minded. You do you pal.

Edit: Although now I am curious which Scripture is anti-trans?
Let's just go with anyone offending little children would be better off hanging a huge stone on their neck and jumping into the deep sea.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Let's just go with anyone offending little children would be better off hanging a huge stone on their neck and jumping into the deep sea.

If only "offense" wasn't such a vague and ambiguous word that could be applied to whatever one wanted. I smell cherries

dad

Undefeated
What a wonderful God you worship. He punishes the old and those with poor health for the sins of nations...

If there is a God I think he/she/it is more likely to be angry at people who peddle this kind of nonsense.
Actually, the older generation in one case did sin so greatly that they were not allowed to enter the promised land. In this modern case, I do not know what the situation is. If God is moving in judgment then the first stages seem to involve the older generation as well as the medical system and etc.

Does the older generation have any blame in the wickedness now saturating society? Or is God having mercy on a lot of old folks protecting many from the things coming? Who knows. If God is the Judge He knows.

dad

Undefeated
If only "offense" wasn't such a vague and ambiguous word that could be applied to whatever one wanted. I smell cherries

I consider it an offensive crime to subject children to indoctrination and procedures against nature. The issue here is whether God does too.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I consider it an offensive crime to subject children to indoctrination and procedures against nature. The issue here is whether God does too.

Which God? Whose? My Gods care not what you think, or me for that matter.

Again, your scripture was vague.

Is there one that actually says, you must be the gender you were assigned on a piece of paper before you were cognizant enough to make that decision for yourself? Or are you defending this because YOU think it's inappropriate. It's fine if you do, we are all about learning and finding our own biases here, sometimes even surpassing them.

dad

Undefeated
Which God? Whose? My Gods care not what you think, or me for that matter.

Again, your scripture was vague.

Is there one that actually says, you must be the gender you were assigned on a piece of paper before you were cognizant enough to make that decision for yourself? Or are you defending this because YOU think it's inappropriate. It's fine if you do, we are all about learning and finding our own biases here, sometimes even surpassing them.

The sins in Scripture that were serious and resulted in action from God are no secret. Sins such as sacrificing children, putting them to death. Sins such as unnatural affections in society as in Sodom. Now apparently you think that no wickedness could ever be punished by God. In fact, you deny He exists. Great, so whatever happens you will be in denial.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
"
An 8-year-old second-grader in Los Angeles is a typical patient. Born a girl, the child announced at 18 months, "I a boy" and has stuck with that belief. The family was shocked but now refers to the child as a boy and is watching for the first signs of puberty to begin treatment, his mother told The Associated Press."
No Dad.......... not an example.
The child's family re awaiting puberty before any treatment.
No sex-change there for an 8 yr old.

I'm looking for a case of a 6 or 7 yr old who had sex change.

Please do come back....

dad

Undefeated
No Dad.......... not an example.
The child's family re awaiting puberty before any treatment.
No sex-change there for an 8 yr old.

I'm looking for a case of a 6 or 7 yr old who had sex change.

Please do come back....
It doesn't matter. The procedure is in progress, with physical surgery being a part of the procedure in the future. In any event, this is abuse and a crime against God and man. Just as having a parent unable to tell their child the truth or face criminal punishment is a crime against God and man.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The sins in Scripture that were serious and resulted in action from God are no secret. Sins such as sacrificing children, putting them to death. Sins such as unnatural affections in society as in Sodom. Now apparently you think that no wickedness could ever be punished by God. In fact, you deny He exists. Great, so whatever happens you will be in denial.

Therapy and and getting treatments for gender dysphoria are Sins now? Damn, I missed the 11th commandment I guess.

Job 36:26 Behold, God is great, and we know him not; the number of his years is unsearchable.

EPhesians 4:8 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

You nor anyone else knows what the Gods want. Regardless of what you think you know.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It doesn't matter. The procedure is in progress, with physical surgery being a part of the procedure in the future. In any event, this is abuse and a crime against God and man. Just as having a parent unable to tell their child the truth or face criminal punishment is a crime against God and man.

Dad......... your OP para about 6-7 yr olds was not true.
That's obvious now.

But tell me, would you think that 9/11 was an example of God's wrath against mankind?

dad

Undefeated
Therapy and and getting treatments for gender dysphoria are Sins now? Damn, I missed the 11th commandment I guess.
Teaching kids they should choose sexes or maybe were born the wrong sex is evil.

You nor anyone else knows what the Gods want. Regardless of what you think you know.
False. We may not know that this emergency is a judgment of God yet, but we do know that nations are ripe with wickedness. The only question is whether this is God lowering the boom now or not.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The process apparently involves waiting till later for the physical surgury.

In that case, Dad, you mislead us all when you wrote in your OP:-
When I learned of some recent examples of sex change operations involving children as young as six or seven in some cases,

You didn't learn anything of the kind, Dad.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Teaching kids they should choose sexes or maybe were born the wrong sex is evil.

False. We may not know that this emergency is a judgment of God yet, but we do know that nations are ripe with wickedness. The only question is whether this is God lowering the boom now or not.

You must not have read the Scriptures I quoted, it's ok, I use selective reading too sometimes.

There is nothing evil about being born the wrong sex. People aren't "teaching" or "telling" their kids they are the wrong gender, the kids are informing the parents or guardians.

Have you actually come up with a quotable anti-trans scripture, like I did for showing we can't know the Gods desires?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
@dad
-- On nearly every continent, and for all of recorded history, thriving cultures have recognized, revered, and integrated more than two genders. Terms such as “transgender” and “gay” are strictly new constructs that assume three things: that there are only two sexes (male/female), as many as two sexualities (gay/straight), and only two genders (man/woman).

Yet hundreds of distinct societies around the globe have their own long-established traditions for third, fourth, fifth, or more genders. --

Interactive Map: Gender-Diverse Cultures