• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making sense of the Pandemic

dfnj

NOT if this is the judgment from the God of the bible. He spells out exactly what is good and evil and certain levels of wickedness are not permitted to go on without consequences.

Who do you think you are to pass any judgment at all? It is the height of human hubris and possible man's greatest possible sin to pretend to speak for God.

Maybe this virus is part of God's long term plan to make us all better human beings. People like you who judge what God is doing I find the most challenging for myself not to judge.

I think the virus is just a virus. It's not divine in any way. With 7.5 billion people in the World sometimes bad things happen. It doesn't mean anything. God's creation is perfect exactly the way it is!

dad

Undefeated
I keep saying, why is your omnipotent and omniscient god forsaking you?
As long as your god is externalized, fathom more dissent. Really the only reason I find Xtians daft and ignorant is because they solicit.
If God is judging child murdering and torturing nations, it would be to stop the abuse and evil. As we enter the final times the first thing we see in prophesy is that believers will be taken off the world. That is the opposite of being forsaken.

dad

Undefeated
Who do you think you are to pass any judgment at all? It is the height of human hubris and possible man's greatest possible sin to pretend to speak for God.

Maybe this virus is part of God's long term plan to make us all better human beings. People like you who judge what God is doing I find the most challenging for myself not to judge.

I think the virus is just a virus. It's not divine in any way. With 7.5 billion people in the World sometimes bad things happen. It doesn't mean anything. God's creation is perfect exactly the way it is!
Yet the effect on nations and the medical system is immense. Hardly seems like just a virus. So, looking at the prophecies and the past in Scripture this could fit. I haven't heard a better guess yet.

aeon6

If it's the opposite of forsaken, consign yourself to oblivion for serious lack of other options.
Xtian supremacy exists only in your myopic mind. To carry this any further would reflect idiocy.

dfnj

If God is judging child murdering and torturing nations, it would be to stop the abuse and evil. As we enter the final times the first thing we see in prophesy is that believers will be taken off the world. That is the opposite of being forsaken.

People with evil and hatred in their hearts only see the World though a lens of evil and hatred. If the World is coming to an end for you then this is your choice. People who only have hatred and darkness in their hearts experience the World and their lives in only one way, and that is, the world is full of evil and hate.

Here's something for you to ponder if you ever decide to become a human being instead of a creature of evil and hate:

One day a wise Cherokee father was talking to one of his son about a battle that goes on inside of people. He said, "My friend, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.
One wolf is evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other wolf is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith."
His son thought about it for a minute and then asked his father, "Which wolf wins?"
His father replied, "The one you feed."​

I choose not to judge God's creation in any way. It think the World is perfect just as it is right now. People are great! The future is bright!

BigTrout.jpg

Four days ago I caught a 3.5 pound brown trout! Life is great! I rest my case.

dad

Undefeated
People with evil and hatred in their hearts only see the World though a lens of evil and hatred. If the World is coming to an end for you then this is your choice. People who only have hatred and darkness in their hearts experience the World and their lives in only one way, and that is, the world is full of evil and hate.
People with hatred in their hearts against God and His word experience things accordingly. To them, anyone that does not agree with abject wickedness has hate in their heart. Meaningless. The issue is not really whether people like it or not, but whether actions from heaven may or may not actually be occurring.
Historically we do see actions from God resulting from certain actions of man and nations.

Here's something for you to ponder if you ever decide to become a human being instead of a creature of evil and hate:
To claim that allowing for the possibility that a Righteous God may be stepping in to limit wickedness is evil and hate is not a sane or sound proposition.

One day a wise Cherokee father was talking to one of his son about a battle that goes on inside of people. He said, "My friend, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.
One wolf is evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other wolf is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith."
His son thought about it for a minute and then asked his father, "Which wolf wins?"
His father replied, "The one you feed."
Well, that insinuates that man can save himself and not be a sinner by mere acts of the will. The reality is that the only way to overcome sin in our lives is with God's help.
I choose not to judge God's creation in any way. It think the World is perfect just as it is right now. People are great! The future is bright!
You are in no position to judge it anyhow, so who cares?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
There was no wild assertion. I was very surprised to have heard of a case where some parent was threatened with being charged with assault or child abuse if they told their child that having a sex change operation was not a good thing. I think the child was something like 14 yrs old in that case. Looking into the issue a bit more I found several sites that mentioned children as young as seven or even six were being encouraged to go down that road.

Ok, so where are these websites? Because again, I haven't seen them? Source? Link? Or still speculating?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Still nothing in these links about kids being given irreversible procedures that would cause them lifelong harm. Starting puberty blockers when you are in your early teens is reversible, as is a teenager choosing to identify as male or female based on their views under the advice of a medical professional. This is why the BC case was thrown out. Gender confusion, and switching genders has been a part of human history since well before Christianity hit the scene. This is just another facet of the human experience, sometimes the wires get crossed. Right spirit, wrong body.

dad

Undefeated
Ok, so where are these websites? Because again, I haven't seen them? Source? Link? Or still speculating?
Example:

"
The case started last year as a clash between child autonomy and parental rights. After undergoing multiple evaluations from a psychologist and staff at B.C. Children’s Hospital, the boy, with the support of his mother and health professionals, wanted to proceed with hormone therapy to help transition from a female body to a male one.

However, his father, who shares joint custody with the boy’s mother, opposed the treatment.

We’ll make submissions on freedom of expression, freedom of thought and opinion, and freedom of conscience, in this matter

In February, the boy, who is in grade 9, sought an order from the court recognizing that it was in his best interests to undergo treatment for gender dysphoria and that he had the capacity to consent to such treatment.

B.C. Supreme Court Justice Gregory Bowden subsequently granted the request, concluding that there should not be any further delays to treatment, citing the boy’s risk of suicide. Bowden also went on to declare that any attempts to persuade the boy to abandon treatment, addressing the boy by his birth name or referring to the boy as a girl or with female pronouns “shall be considered to be family violence.”

Legal dispute between trans child and father takes new turn over freedom of expression

This is wickedness.

dad

Undefeated
Still nothing in these links about kids being given irreversible procedures that would cause them lifelong harm. Starting puberty blockers when you are in your early teens is reversible, as is a teenager choosing to identify as male or female based on their views under the advice of a medical professional. This is why the BC case was thrown out. Gender confusion, and switching genders has been a part of human history since well before Christianity hit the scene. This is just another facet of the human experience, sometimes the wires get crossed. Right spirit, wrong body.
I am not here to debate your idea of what is wicked. I simply raised the question of whether nations immersed in wicked practices could be facing action from God.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

When I learned of some recent examples of sex change operations involving children as young as six or seven in some cases,............................................

When you learned of these...?
Please would you share one of these cases with us, please?
Sources, please.....

Please do come back with an example, EDIT: with a case involving a 6 or 7 yr old child. !!

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Example:

"
The case started last year as a clash between child autonomy and parental rights. After undergoing multiple evaluations from a psychologist and staff at B.C. Children’s Hospital, the boy, with the support of his mother and health professionals, wanted to proceed with hormone therapy to help transition from a female body to a male one.

However, his father, who shares joint custody with the boy’s mother, opposed the treatment.

We’ll make submissions on freedom of expression, freedom of thought and opinion, and freedom of conscience, in this matter

In February, the boy, who is in grade 9, sought an order from the court recognizing that it was in his best interests to undergo treatment for gender dysphoria and that he had the capacity to consent to such treatment.

B.C. Supreme Court Justice Gregory Bowden subsequently granted the request, concluding that there should not be any further delays to treatment, citing the boy’s risk of suicide. Bowden also went on to declare that any attempts to persuade the boy to abandon treatment, addressing the boy by his birth name or referring to the boy as a girl or with female pronouns “shall be considered to be family violence.”

Legal dispute between trans child and father takes new turn over freedom of expression

This is wickedness.

No it's really not. This is normalcy that you see as wickedness. Gender Dysphoria is real, and recieving treatment for it at any age, is not abuse. I already answered you as to why this isn't abuse. A teenager is allowed to make medical decisions for themselves. And puberty blockers aren't abuse, and are reversible. You seem to have a very narrow view of what it means to be human.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I am not here to debate your idea of what is wicked. I simply raised the question of whether nations immersed in wicked practices could be facing action from God.

Then you shouldn't have placed this in the debate room, maybe try a Christian DIR instead?

dad

Undefeated
When you learned of these...?
Please would you share one of these cases with us, please?
Sources, please.....

Please do come back with an example.
"
111129-children-generic-image3535500x.jpg

Sex-change treatment for kids on the rise

February 20, 2012 / 8:12 AM / AP

CHICAGO - A small but growing number of teens and even younger children who think they were born the wrong sex are getting support from parents and from doctors who give them sex-changing treatments, according to reports in the medical journal Pediatrics.

It's an issue that raises ethical questions, and some experts urge caution in treating children with puberty-blocking drugs and hormones.

An 8-year-old second-grader in Los Angeles is a typical patient. Born a girl, the child announced at 18 months, "I a boy" and has stuck with that belief. The family was shocked but now refers to the child as a boy and is watching for the first signs of puberty to begin treatment, his mother told The Associated Press."

Sex-change treatment for kids on the rise

"The case started last year as a clash between child autonomy and parental rights. After undergoing multiple evaluations from a psychologist and staff at B.C. Children’s Hospital, the boy, with the support of his mother and health professionals, wanted to proceed with hormone therapy to help transition from a female body to a male one.

etc etc etc

dad

Undefeated
No it's really not. This is normalcy that you see as wickedness. Gender Dysphoria is real, and recieving treatment for it at any age, is not abuse. I already answered you as to why this isn't abuse. A teenager is allowed to make medical decisions for themselves. And puberty blockers aren't abuse, and are reversible. You seem to have a very narrow view of what it means to be human.
I'll go with Scripture thanks.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

The above was sent to another member.

There's a problem with that idea. Tragedies happen all the time which result in deaths. Are you suggesting that every person who died in a tragedy was a wicked person?

aeon6

Yes, the almighty and myopic scripture.
It is presumptive of you to assume such drivel against fellow humans, but afterall that is the shortsighted Xtian way. Built to inflict the unnecessary, out of sheer brutality.