• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making it Through These Troubled Times...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It has been my experience you can make it through just about anything provided that

(1) you do not pity yourself -- not even a little --- and,

(2) you keep your sense of humor.​

It has always worked for me. Maybe it will work for you too. But your call. You do what works for you.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
It has been my experience you can make it through just about anything provided that

(2) you keep your sense of humor.
It has always worked for me. Maybe it will work for you too. But your call.

So far, I made it through everything also :D

*) I have to agree, that I never pity myself

*) And I keep my sense of humor:
1 step at a time
1 step ahead of Corona

stvdv

Make it through? Make it through what exactly? We all toss off this physical body some day. This one's ready.
Hence, I said "so far"
I was thinking today ... IF I need to be so corona-careful, I feel less need to stay alive.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hence, I said "so far"
I was thinking today ... IF I need to be so corona-careful, I feel less need to stay alive.
But you're a Sanatani Dharmi ... who is this 'I' you speak of? Nothing surprises me. This body, that body ... every body (everybody) is vulnerable.

stvdv

But you're a Sanatani Dharmi ... who is this 'I' you speak of? Nothing surprises me. This body, that body ... every body (everybody) is vulnerable.
I was speaking about "keeping the ego alive" ... washing hands and all the stuff, just to not get corona. Maybe I should just accept, that if "God" in corona wants to "kill" me (this ego/mind-body), then why try so hard to avoid it (doing all this hand-washing stuff etc..). And if it's God's plan, that I don't die yet, then corona won't kill me (body) anyway. This I believe, but still I try always to do my best to avoid to die (talking again about body). Not from fear, but because it feels right to do so. But sometimes I wonder ... why all this trouble, just to not let the body die? I can only come up with one reason ... get Self Realized, then I can stop taking care of "staying alive". Probably the other way around won't work, I could try though.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Fair enough.

Could you share with us a bad time that you managed to get through?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I was speaking about "keeping the ego alive" ... washing hands and all the stuff, just to not get corona. Maybe I should just accept, that if "God" in corona wants to "kill" me (this ego/mind-body), then why try so hard to avoid it (doing all this hand-washing stuff etc..). And if it's God's plan, that I don't die yet, then corona won't kill me (body) anyway. This I believe, but still I try always to do my best to avoid to die (talking again about body). Not from fear, but because it feels right to do so. But sometimes I wonder ... why all this trouble, just to not let the body die? I can only come up with one reason ... get Self Realized, then I can stop taking care of "staying alive". Probably the other way around won't work, I could try though.

Oh I'm the same as you. I wash, I self isolate, and take all the precautions I can ... more to protect others than myself. But I've accepted reality too. That happened about 6 years back with a heart attack. I'm 66 as well. The younger you are, the tougher it is to deal with death.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Humour always helped me avoid pitying myself, strangely, although I'll admit it's of the self-deprecating kind.

I combine it with irrational self-confidence. Generally leads me to believe I'll Bradbury my way through things, without any real justification.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But you're a Sanatan Dharmi ..
He is, but Stvdv is not a crazy 'advaitist' like us. :D
Even after enlightenment, there is no need to throw away life. You get it only once. Live it, prove your mettle. There is always some 'dharma' left to be completed, one should not shirk that.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Make it through? Make it through what exactly? We all toss off this physical body some day. This one's ready.

Well, quite obviously, the OP cannot possibly be referring to "making it through the loss of our physical body", for that would be absurd. Why would you think that it was referring to that? I'm curious.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Well, quite obviously, the OP cannot possibly be referring to "making it through the loss of our physical body", for that would be absurd. Why would you think that it was referring to that? I'm curious.
I wasn't actually replying to the OP, but to stvdv. By that time I'd forgotten the OP had that phrasing as well. So I shall cee and desist.