• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making Homemade Mozzerella is Dangerously Easy

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
The hardest part is finding the rennet. I found a microbrew supply shop in my area that has vegetable-derived rennet. Don't use Junket rennet, as it really doesn't work well for cheese.

The next hardest part is finding the citric acid, which you can find in the canning section of most good grocery stores.

Now all you need is a 6 quart stainless steel pot with a lid, a long flat metal spatula, a slotted spoon, measuring spoons, a microwavable bowl, a thermometer, some chlorine-free water, and some food-grade rubber or plastic gloves. 1 gallon of milk, and a teaspoon of salt.

1 half hour later, you will have a pound of fresh mozzerella cheese. In another half hour, you can get about a cup of ricotta cheese from the leftover whey. (You'll need some cheesecloth, muslin, or a coffee filter if you want to process the whey into ricotta.)

It's dangerously easy. Making the homemade sourdough pizza dough to go with the mozzarella takes longer to make than it does to make the cheese.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-homemade-mozzarella-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-174355

How to make homemade ricotta: whey versus milk

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Here's the recipe I use for the sourdough pizza crust. I add some nutritional brewer's yeast, garlic powder, rosemary, and smoked paprika to the crust for extra flavor.
Sourdough Pizza Crust