• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Make your own Parody Religion

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I refuse to believe that Girls On Trampolines! is a parody of religion or a mere joke.

For one thing, the girl symbolizes the sage; and when the girl goes up, she is touching heaven, and when she comes down, she is connecting to earth.

In sum, it is a very spiritual movement that demonstrates even to the religiously clumsy the profound message that the spiritual and material are inextricably mixed. So there!

:trampo:

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
I think mine would be Chocolathleticism. Our religious practice would involve running from place to place at full pelt liberating the chocolate from wherever it is held uneaten, with its freedom denied to it!

We would worship the Great Chocolatribunal of the gods Cadburius, Whitmanica and Lindtusian, whom we would pray to in the name of (for my Australian compatriots) the demigod and Holy Sprinter, the Great and Virile Shervo.

Our churches would be made from dark chocolate encased in 6-inch thick candy shell and any caught eating them would be subject to a swift punishment of being force-fed those horrid almond chocolates from the Whitman's Sampler that everyone hates for 2 weeks.

When Shervo visits, we hold a great annual festival where one of the church virgins is given to Him for whatever purposes He deems fit. This would be a time of great joy and much eating of chocolate and diagnosing of diabetes.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sunstone said:
I refuse to believe that Girls On Trampolines! is a parody of religion or a mere joke.

For one thing, the girl symbolizes the sage; and when the girl goes up, she is touching heaven, and when she comes down, she is connecting to earth.

In sum, it is a very spiritual movement that demonstrates even to the religiously clumsy the profound message that the spiritual and material are inextricably mixed. So there!

:trampo:

Yes, quite, Phil..............err, when are you due your next injection ?:biglaugh:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
michel said:
Yes, quite, Phil..............err, when are you due your next injection ?:biglaugh:

I hereby prophetsize the day will come when even Jerry Falwell hoists a microbrew to a girl on a trampoline! erm...uh...OK, maybe that day might not come, but the day will come when...when...when there are two members of the religion, not just one! So there!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Revasser said:
I think mine would be Chocolathleticism. Our religious practice would involve running from place to place at full pelt liberating the chocolate from wherever it is held uneaten, with its freedom denied to it!

We would worship the Great Chocolatribunal of the gods Cadburius, Whitmanica and Lindtusian, whom we would pray to in the name of (for my Australian compatriots) the demigod and Holy Sprinter, the Great and Virile Shervo.

Our churches would be made from dark chocolate encased in 6-inch thick candy shell and any caught eating them would be subject to a swift punishment of being force-fed those horrid almond chocolates from the Whitman's Sampler that everyone hates for 2 weeks.

When Shervo visits, we hold a great annual festival where one of the church virgins is given to Him for whatever purposes He deems fit. This would be a time of great joy and much eating of chocolate and diagnosing of diabetes.
I would ecstatically like to petition for membership to your glorious congregation!!!....but with one minor request. May Sir Cabury John be added as a saint to be worshiped? :angel2:

chocolate_elton.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
OK, maybe that day might not come, but the day will come when...when...when there are two members of the religion, not just one! So there!
That day has come.....................at least for now.

I've already made my own religion, based on the teachings of H.P. Lovecraft and his Cthulhu Mythos, and his revealing of The Mad Arab, Abdul Alhazred and his Necronomicon. This religion is called The Eve of Redemption. You fully submit yourself to The Warhart (Me) and The Great Old Ones, and you will be spared thier wraith when they reclaim the earth as thier own. Stand in our way, you will first know my wraith as I send your soul to Thier Diminsion, and when you are thier, the Master's will be more than willing to pour thier wraith upon you. And if you don't follow us when the Great Cthulhu returns when Ryleh surfaces, when the stars are right, well, I would say run for the hills, but those won't even be safe. For in strange aeons, even death may die.

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Buttercup said:
I would ecstatically like to petition for membership to your glorious congregation!!!....but with one minor request. May Sir Cabury John be added as a saint to be worshiped? :angel2:

chocolate_elton.jpg

Yes.

But we do not worship the saints in Chocolathleticism. We merely ask them to nibble on the sweet, sweet chocolate kneecaps of the Chocolatribunal for us.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Religion: Lennonism
Founder: Tigress (me)
God: John Lennon
Place of worship: no specific place
Holy Cities: Liverpool, England and
[SIZE=-1]Manhattan, New York[/SIZE].
Basics: [still working on it. I will post when done]. :D

anders

I'm not into inventing religions, but for a while I worked on a new philosophy: Nullipsism. It is taking solipsism to new levels: Not even I exist; it's just some demented other being that dreams me up.

For the first time it hit me: Isn't that a fair description of what hapens when a god creates me and, being omnipotent and omniscient etc., decides what happens to me?!

Anyway, I thought that I elaborated it rather successfully for a while, joking with several established concepts. Most of the puns are of course impossible to translate into English, but to give you an idea, Nullsipsism incorporated the Eight Lane Way (lane and -fold sound very similar in Swedish, and I of course used Dao 道 for 'Way').

Then I had to study existentialism during Religious Studies, and realized that no philosophy parody can compete with those guys. Project abandoned.