• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major Rabbi says non-Jews are donkeys, created to serve Jews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Off the top of my head:

1. All human beings were created b'tzelem elohim (in the image of God), according to Genesis 1.
That might be a response on the "donkey" part...

But what do you say for those who rely on some verses from the bible to justify their racism, like 9:27 in Joshua, and how do you explain this verse?

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Ovadia Yosef is a stupid old man who doesnt even understand the basic concepts of "his" religion.

Major Rabbi?
Lets just assume that all people that ever voted for the Shas Party represent his "followers".(which i dont really see possible)
In the 2009/5769 elections in the state of israel they got 286.300 votes.
Mighty wikipedia tells me that there are about 13.155.000 jews world wide.

So at best he represents 2,18% of all jews.

Kind of risky to call him a "major" rabbi. If there even is such a thing as a major rabbi.
Shas party is a chief coalition partner in the current Israeli government, and Yosef is its spiritual leader, he is also a former chief rabbi of Israel...
Ovadia Yosef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ovadia Yosef is an Iraqi-born former Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel,[1] a recognised Talmudic scholar and foremost halakhic authority. He currently serves as the spiritual leader of the Shas political party in the Israeli parliament. His halakhic responsa are highly regarded within Orthodox circles and are considered binding in many Mizrahi communities, among whom he is regarded as "the most important living halachic authority."
If you don't take him as a major rabbi, there are others who believe that he is "the most important living halachic authority"......

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Oh please, this sort of feeble excuse. Why not just own up, admit the guy is wrong and a jerk and does a disservice to Jews everywhere? It's not like all Jews have to agree with or somehow justify anything that any Jew does. His remarks are despicable, and there is no harm in saying so.

By the way, do you believe that the reaction of Jewish intellectuals on this issue of jewish racism toward non-Jews is sufficient or equal to their reaction on anti-semitism?!

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Brother every thing you say is nice and truth and easily understandable by westerners but in other parts of the world no body is even gonna notice your kind of a reply since you are a descendant of apes and pigs it means you are deceiving them and in reality you want to make them slaves. Reality is a lot different to what we are used to, trying to explain Rabbi Yosefs words in a nice manner is pointless it is like talking to a wall, trying to make it all sound nice to appease our fellow westerners otherwise they would say "your religion is so cruel it has slaves it has this and that" but what have we accomplished?
Have we ever achieved honor in the eyes of the Goim no matter how hard we tried? No every now and then they betray us no matter what we do we are Jews to them.

Israel is the perfect example, no matter how hard they try no body is satisfied they want more and more and they will sell all of us in a heartbeat, it is a reality it was always like this.

What happened to us? we all come here and bash our Tzadik and Talmid haham? the words of a Tzadik were always like gold to us, it is what helped us survive all this and now we come here and bash him to appease others? Rav Yosef knows exactly what he is talking about because history and Torah show it otherwise.
Does any Jew has a response to that post?!

xkatz

Shas is basically a religiously extremist party (heck, they want to enforce extreme forms of Halachic law in Israel) and Ovadia Yosef is clearly being bigoted, end of story.

Starsoul

Truth
I'm sure anti-Semites everywhere support these propaganda sites.

Really, I'm surprised you didn't ask my opinion about 'The Protocols of the Elders of Zion' while you were at it...

Anti-semites? Aren't semites against Zionist jews? I've heard, and seen many many semetic jews opposing the zionist jews. Even live on Tv when the semetic jews who accompanied the Gaza Peace Flotilla were strongly speaking against the Zionist regime in Israel enjoying the support of Us and allies.

From your post, i gather you saying that,

1. Zionists don't exist.
2. The protocols of Elders of Zion is a comic book that it makes you laugh so much.
3. There is no truth to any of the controversial conspiracy theories, they are the work of fiction.

Interesting.
I do think however, that in absence of any substantial proof or reason for the Invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, the conspiracy theories actually explain the events of this world so well whether they sound laughable to anyone or not.

Lastly, I've met a free mason myself, how can anyone of You deny that they exist? Free masonry, and whatever the rest of the names of the secret societies, pretty much exist with the same motives as the conspiracy theories project of them.

Ofcorse i cant prove it here, but the way the events of the world unfold direct a strong suspicion towards each one of their listed agendas.(according to the protocols of zion atleast)

Starsoul said:
Lastly, I've met a free mason myself, how can anyone of You deny that they exist? Free masonry, and whatever the rest of the names of the secret societies, pretty much exist with the same motives as the conspiracy theories project of them.
You're full of it. I've met a number of Masons myself. They are fantastically ordinary people (high school teacher, personal banker). It's just a club for adult men.

The Protocols is complete nonsense and a well-known forgery.
The Protocols of the Elders of Zion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Protocols of the Elders of Zion - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com
The Straight Dope: What's the story with the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"?

Levite

Higher and Higher
But what do you say for those who rely on some verses from the bible to justify their racism, like 9:27 in Joshua, and how do you explain this verse?

Ridiculous. Joshua 9:27 is the culmination of a specific story. During the conquest of Canaan, a certain tribe, the Hivites, tried to make a treaty with the Israelites, based on the false claim the Hivites made that their land was far off, and that they did not live in land the Israelites claimed. Because of that deception, when Joshua found out he had been tricked, he honored the treaty insofar as not harming the Hivites, but in punishment for their trickery, he made them a servant class.

It was a specific incident, involving a specific tribe, three and a half thousand years ago. Unless Ovadiah Yosef's remarks were solely aimed at any surviving Hivites that might be walking around, unknown to anthropologists and sociologists everywhere, this verse has no bearing whatsoever on anything that might be going on in the world today. It doesn't even have bearing on any other peoples who have ever lived, except the Hivites. None.

Generally speaking, any verses from the Tanakh that might potentially be usable to justify racism or supremacism are either being grossly misinterpreted, or being taken entirely out of highly specific contexts.

Starsoul

Truth
You're full of it. I've met a number of Masons myself. They are fantastically ordinary people (high school teacher, personal banker). It's just a club for adult men.
Relax spinkles, will you please.

I know, i know, free masons ( on the lower order) are very nice people, kind, benevolent and all. But their authority, i believe not. I do have reasons to believe, they are in my country too.

As for ' just a club' for adult men, well well a club for adult men with the right kind of references and privileges given over the non members of a particular region. Free masons , members of kabala, Scientologists, Illuminatis, all have the best high ranking posts of this world, by a generous stroke of luck, or rather due to the superior genes they have, as they would like to believe. Its common knowledge that free masons support and press for the career elevation of their club members on a top priority basis.

Just search youtube videos of messages of people of kabbala or scientology, they all have one thing in common. " I was depressed , jobless, did not make enough income, wanted the fancy job all my life, and boom i came across scientology, kabala, free masonry and within a very short time i shot to the top level of success, and I'm so happy now". There is no such con-incidence however for the non members. And as planned, the people of these groups stand respected in the eyes of the general public because they are at such and such level of success, and the message is then bought by the curious success seekers.

And about the forgery reports, my University professor who has a global experience of his profession in Russian , US, Uk, Europe, is a very learned man as well, and he doubts that its just a conspiracy theory, there is some truth to it. It might not be, as you say, but i think there is a strong chance that there is .

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
Meh there's nut jobs in every religion.

No need to take this guy any more serious than the westboro baptist people or some of the more crazy muslims.

-Q

true. IMO problem is only Muslim ones are called terrorists

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
true. IMO problem is only Muslim ones are called terrorists

Lately they're the ones that are most outspoken and the ones that make it onto tv in western countries.

To cite an example: Iranian president, what an idiot. I feel sorry for Islam that this man is allowed to call himself a muslim.

Flankerl

Shas party is a chief coalition partner in the current Israeli government, and Yosef is its spiritual leader, he is also a former chief rabbi of Israel...

If you don't take him as a major rabbi, there are others who believe that he is "the most important living halachic authority"......

Isnt that nice for them? There are jews who believe that Menachem Mendel Schneerson was the moshiach. Does that make him the moshiach? Nope. Are they free to believe that? Yup.

They could believe that Ovadia Yosef can fly and sing like Plácido Domingo and it wouldnt make it right.

members of kabala

Let me guess the highpriest of kabala is madonna.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My dad and his best friend were Masons. Yep, they were pretty spooky and secretive.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oy vey.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
And about the forgery reports, my University professor who has a global experience of his profession in Russian , US, Uk, Europe, is a very learned man as well, and he doubts that its just a conspiracy theory, there is some truth to it. It might not be, as you say, but i think there is a strong chance that there is .
Then you should stand up in class and denounce his ravings as those of a lunatic. Your dear Professor is merely using the Appeal to Authority fallacy to make his case. He is a Professor, after all, and should know what he is talking about, right? Don't you think that perhaps the dear fellow has his own political agenda and has reasons why he wants people to believe the drivel he is spouting?

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
By the way, do you believe that the reaction of Jewish intellectuals on this issue of jewish racism toward non-Jews is sufficient or equal to their reaction on anti-semitism?!
Jewish intellectuals in general? I really don't know. Do you have someone in mind? As I said Jews are the least consensus-prone group in the world.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Anti-semites? Aren't semites against Zionist jews? I've heard, and seen many many semetic jews opposing the zionist jews. Even live on Tv when the semetic jews who accompanied the Gaza Peace Flotilla were strongly speaking against the Zionist regime in Israel enjoying the support of Us and allies.

From your post, i gather you saying that,

1. Zionists don't exist.
2. The protocols of Elders of Zion is a comic book that it makes you laugh so much.
3. There is no truth to any of the controversial conspiracy theories, they are the work of fiction.

Interesting.
I do think however, that in absence of any substantial proof or reason for the Invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, the conspiracy theories actually explain the events of this world so well whether they sound laughable to anyone or not.

Ofcorse i cant prove it here, but the way the events of the world unfold direct a strong suspicion towards each one of their listed agendas.(according to the protocols of zion atleast)

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion are a well-known fraud. The entire history of their fraudulent creation and dissemination is well-known, and anyone who treats them as factual has either been fooled or is themselves a slander-spreading bigot. And there is no Jewish conspiracy. Again, only a fool or bigot would assert that there is.

Be careful, Starsoul, this sort of thing leads to murder. Do you want blood on your hands? You need to be much more careful about distinguising truth from lies.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Relax spinkles, will you please.

I know, i know, free masons ( on the lower order) are very nice people, kind, benevolent and all. But their authority, i believe not. I do have reasons to believe, they are in my country too.

As for ' just a club' for adult men, well well a club for adult men with the right kind of references and privileges given over the non members of a particular region. Free masons , members of kabala, Scientologists, Illuminatis, all have the best high ranking posts of this world, by a generous stroke of luck, or rather due to the superior genes they have, as they would like to believe. Its common knowledge that free masons support and press for the career elevation of their club members on a top priority basis.

Just search youtube videos of messages of people of kabbala or scientology, they all have one thing in common. " I was depressed , jobless, did not make enough income, wanted the fancy job all my life, and boom i came across scientology, kabala, free masonry and within a very short time i shot to the top level of success, and I'm so happy now". There is no such con-incidence however for the non members. And as planned, the people of these groups stand respected in the eyes of the general public because they are at such and such level of success, and the message is then bought by the curious success seekers.

No, there isn't, and continuing to spread this slander is irresponsible, dangerous and wrong. Please stop doing it. It's no joke. Millions of people were murdered because of this kind of libel.

Status
Not open for further replies.