• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major Rabbi says non-Jews are donkeys, created to serve Jews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primordial Annihilator

So? When he was younger, he held a different position towards gentiles? And this is only the effect of senility?

Indeed age is no excuse...in fact he should know better.

Unless of course he does have some form of dementia.

But ultimately (if he isnt insane) he is just a revolting little racist and like all racists should be laughed at and perhaps be put in stocks and have refuse thrown at them.

croak

Trickster
Thank God, it is a good thing not to hear him, anyway he released a very famous song called "I like you, donkey"!!!
It might not have reached Lebanon. :p Now I'm curious. Then again, with the state of Arabic music these days, I'm not so sure....

Mystical Sadhu

Tantra Instructor
People have to understand, Sahar, that the theme propounded by the rabbi has been with judaism since long before Jesus was born, only occasionally do you find someone who claims to be a jew who bucks the system to be magnanimous to all human beings or even consider that the moral stipulations in the Talmud apply to nonjews at all.

"I can do anything to you that I will, for I [and my people] have been 'chosen' by god itself, and yyyoooooo have not!!! You are the south end of northbound ********* for me to do with as I please. Rape, murder, cheating, cannibalism -- none of these are to be done to jews, god's wrath be upon them who do, however, you are goyim. Any and all of these things can be done to you without consequence, for you have not been born of god as I/we have been, for in the eyes of god and upon god's direction, jews cannot mistreat other jews whereas you people are disposable, collateral damage in our pursuit of life's pleasures and profits. Breed! Breed! Breed, you ignorant goyim, we need you to build our profits, then be done with you."

That is much of the essence of why people have backlashed against jews for thousands of years. Samaritans practiced the same religion as jews thousands of years ago though they included everyone, not just other jews, as deserving of the respect and nurturance of each within community.

No species, no society can ever continue while an ideology perpetuating such predation, exploitation and grinding people's dignity into fecal fodder for greater rewards for self and one's hatefully bigoted sectarian psycho-social cannibalism continues to exist. Such is why the rest of humanity despise most of us jews as long as we continue to define ourselves as predators-in-chief of planet Earth.

Perpetuating the myth that one's self and one's people are victims, victims of racism and/or religious bigotry when, in reality, such is just a ruse to perpetuate exploitation of goyim and use their ideology, such as pluralism, democracy and a loving god along with a vengeful god ["if you attempt to smite my chosen people"], against them so that we can forever remain immune from accountability as we prey upon the disposable goyim.

Jesus, the man who walked the planet -- not the mythological person of fairytales -- was a harbinger within the Essenes -- notorious for viciously selfish sectarian interests -- for returning judaism back to the Samaritan model of inclusion and magnanimity, of which "he" got abundant backlash.

That, Sahar, is the "sad and ironic" reason we jews have been despised around the world for so long. No organism, including society, and the life of this or any planet, can endure such predatious disease upon itself.

It's really sad and ironic that the Jews are one of the most (if not the most) people who suffered from racism yet such views are coming from them and the majority of them support a racist entity like Israel. What a shame!!

Last edited:

Sahar

LOL, are you a fan of Saad el Saghir? :D
laughing1.gif

Thank God, it is a good thing not to hear him, anyway he released a very famous song called "I like you, donkey"!!!
Noo, how come?!! He must listen to it:

"ba7ebbak ya 7omar" (I love you donkey) by Sa'd El Soghayar :D
[youtube]6Ph94KYKUGc[/youtube]
YouTube - ‫

I assume you know Arabic.
It might not have reached Lebanon. :p Now I'm curious. Then again, with the state of Arabic music these days, I'm not so sure....
Yeah, tell me about it.

arimoff

Come on. The OP doesn't say every single Jewish person is a racist bigot. This thread is only about this particular Rabbi. It was newsworthy in the Jerusalem Post because many people, including Jews, find this Rabbi's statements racist and controversial.

To me, the interesting issue this raises is that the whole concept of "We are God's chosen people" is inherently racist, even when it is not articulated in the offensive terms of this Rabbi.

I would like you to point out where and how we proclaim we are the chosen people, even if we would claim to be chosen people do we somehow take something away from others? no, we are not Christian and Muslims, we don't go on conquests to murder or convert and make everybody Jews and then through the blame on others, the entire concept of chosen people were taken out of context by by those who just needed a reason and to this day it is those who just want to find something to steer up the trouble.

Considering our selfs chosen really helps survive the stupidity that always surrounded us for centuries if we always manage to take over the world banks and money we might as well are chosen.

Levite

Higher and Higher
According to Yosef "non-Jews were born to serve Jews"....I really would like to know the scriptures refutation to what he said.....

Off the top of my head:

1. All human beings were created b'tzelem elohim (in the image of God), according to Genesis 1.

2. Isaiah 56 attributes to God the declaration "My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples." And if God says this about all peoples, why would he wish some subjugated for no reason?

3. Leviticus chapter 19 tells us, "You must love your fellow-person as yourself."

4. The ninth chapter of Amos attributes to God the rhetorical question "'Are you not like the Ku****es to me, O People Israel?' Says YHVH. 'Did I not bring up Israel from the land of Egypt, and the Philistines from Kaftor, and the Arameans from Kir?'" By which we understand that God raises up all peoples, even those who may become the enemies of Israel, and this we must respect.

5. And as for Yosef shooting off his mouth, Psalm 34 teaches, "Guard your tongue from evil, your lips from speaking deceit. Turn away from evil, do good, seek peace, and pursue it."

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I would hardly call him a "mainstream Rabbi". What he said is totally un-Jewish as Levite said above.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
According to Yosef "non-Jews were born to serve Jews"....I really would like to know the scriptures refutation to what he said.....

Simple, really. We Jews are chosen to serve all the families of man, as priests. As I am a priest I serve... non-Jews! So, how could I think the non-Jew serves me? :confused:

Exodus 19:5-8, Parsha Yitro:
...You shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.All the people answered as one saying, "All that the Lord has spoken we will do."

arimoff

Simple, really. We Jews are chosen to serve all the families of man, as priests. As I am a priest I serve... non-Jews! So, how could I think the non-Jew serves me? :confused:

Exodus 19:5-8, Parsha Yitro:

Brother every thing you say is nice and truth and easily understandable by westerners but in other parts of the world no body is even gonna notice your kind of a reply since you are a descendant of apes and pigs it means you are deceiving them and in reality you want to make them slaves. Reality is a lot different to what we are used to, trying to explain Rabbi Yosefs words in a nice manner is pointless it is like talking to a wall, trying to make it all sound nice to appease our fellow westerners otherwise they would say "your religion is so cruel it has slaves it has this and that" but what have we accomplished?
Have we ever achieved honor in the eyes of the Goim no matter how hard we tried? No every now and then they betray us no matter what we do we are Jews to them.

Israel is the perfect example, no matter how hard they try no body is satisfied they want more and more and they will sell all of us in a heartbeat, it is a reality it was always like this.

What happened to us? we all come here and bash our Tzadik and Talmid haham? the words of a Tzadik were always like gold to us, it is what helped us survive all this and now we come here and bash him to appease others? Rav Yosef knows exactly what he is talking about because history and Torah show it otherwise.

Flankerl

Ovadia Yosef is a stupid old man who doesnt even understand the basic concepts of "his" religion.

Major Rabbi?
Lets just assume that all people that ever voted for the Shas Party represent his "followers".(which i dont really see possible)
In the 2009/5769 elections in the state of israel they got 286.300 votes.
Mighty wikipedia tells me that there are about 13.155.000 jews world wide.

So at best he represents 2,18% of all jews.

Kind of risky to call him a "major" rabbi. If there even is such a thing as a major rabbi.

croak

Trickster
Noo, how come?!! He must listen to it:

"ba7ebbak ya 7omar" (I love you donkey) by Sa'd El Soghayar :D
[youtube]6Ph94KYKUGc[/youtube]
YouTube - ‫

I assume you know Arabic.
I know a little Arabic. And my Egyptian's much worse than my Lebanese. All I really understood was that he loves the donkey and gets upset when people say, "Ya Hmaar!"

Catchy tune, though. :p

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Point is, if you look hard enough you'll find bad things anywhere.
Oh please, this sort of feeble excuse. Why not just own up, admit the guy is wrong and a jerk and does a disservice to Jews everywhere? It's not like all Jews have to agree with or somehow justify anything that any Jew does. His remarks are despicable, and there is no harm in saying so.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
It is a more shame when you come here on one thread and try to justify women being raped as if Islam is a great society and then in another thread you speak of people suffering of racism, that rabbi can say what he wants Jews are not obligated to say only what none Jews want them to say, we don't stick our noses in to your stupidity so don't stick your nose in to our business neither.

As far as I am concerned we can say anything we want about anybody

1. freedom of speech, you don't like it? to bad, no body is complaining that some time ago a barbaric man because of his hatred towards Jews called them pigs and monkeys so why are you even posting this?

2. I believe its time to speak how we see it, to much accusations for blood libel, drinking Christian kids blood, killing Muslims trying to take over the world and so on give us Jews the right to say what ever we want and no body can say anything about that. I'm not even mentioning the lack of brains of those who took that seriously and made pogroms and other sorts of killings.

3. when people around you constantly act like animals by torturing you burning you in gas chambers, take you hostage, blow them selfs up around you, not only it gets tiresome but you start to question what is wrong with them? are they ok? will they ever stop or change? one generation goes another comes but attitude does not change, is it possible? eventually the only answer you can come up with that such humans lack brains and you start not only to despise them but look down on them as if they are on a level of an animal, so rather then calling this 90 year old Rabbi insane why don't you look in the mirror and question your self why does he think of us like that what did we do.

No, arimoff, you are wrong, and you know it, and you know the Talmud teaches you the opposite. If you can find a single righteous gentile, and you know you can, it is unjustified to cast all of them into a servile, lower caste.

And if you think Judaism does somehow justify this bigotry, then it's a mark against Judaism.

Bigotry is wrong, bad, evil, whether it's a Jew or a gentile doing it.

My mother was a concentration camp survivor, and what she taught me is not that Germans are our enemies, but that the Nazi philosophy of racism is wrong.

Primordial Annihilator

My mother was a concentration camp survivor, and what she taught me is not that Germans are our enemies, but that the Nazi philosophy of racism is wrong.

Interesting, good on her.

To say that it (racial persecution) is 'wrong' in my view is an understatement.

It is an abomination.

Proof also that is not just religious philosophy that can be murderous and vile...as Hitler and Stalin demonstrated so in similar disturbingly horrific ways.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Meh there's nut jobs in every religion.

No need to take this guy any more serious than the westboro baptist people or some of the more crazy muslims.

-Q
Unfortunately, this man is a respected leader in Israel, not some fringe nut job with a congregation consisting of his own family.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
But this doesn't happen when it comes from Muslims, and RF is a perfect example, every single Muslim do anything wrong your Media does a good job in shedding light on him and what he did, and we Muslims are supposed to apologise and give excuses for non-Muslims!!

Besides it seems that there are some Jews who believe this guy, and take him seriously!!
What Sajdah said. If you think he's wrong, why not just say so? As a Jew, don't you want to disassociate yourself from this view, not justify it?

Status
Not open for further replies.