• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maitreya

Luminous

non-existential luminary
well, recently i was watching t.v. and a very cheap version of the scientology commercials (which inspire my agnostic faith) seamed to come on. then it turned out it was for some company "share international" and about Maitreya the new messaih and how he reveals himself becuase of how horrible life is now(personally i think life is going great) . i did look for past Threads on this and here's what i found: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/new-age/40200-age-aquarious-brings-forth-christ-maitreya.html unfortunately it got closed from discusion on suspision that the poster was huge spammer. apperently there are two Maitreya's and both center on the Baha'ii faith. well, the commercial had a phone number: 1-800-870-6108. there a pre-recording tells you lots of things... im guessing to try to explain what's going on. but it functions more like the scientology commercials which make you go to a very vague website, i guess in hopes of getting those like-minded to join the movement aka religion. I was wondering what others have heard about this.

Maitreya is Lucifer, soon to return with the Annunaki to regain control over their Kingdom.

You are an illuminist and you don't know this?

Perhaps your bulb needs changed!

Come quickly Maitreya, Lord Lucifer!

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Maitreya the new messaih and how he reveals himself becuase of how horrible life is now(personally i think life is going great) . .

Unemployment in the US is almost 10%, countries (and US states) are going bankrupt, children in Haiti are literally eating mud and you think life is going great? Good for you! But not so good for most people.

Anyway, I am happy to report that since you heard that message, Maitreya has finally appeared openly on TV and soon you will see him for yourself - just be alert and look for him.

Self

Why is it that this buddhist deity who is the embodiment of loving kindness has become the next savior or Christ. I really dont understand this. How can one say this without understanding what Shakyamuni or Gautama Buddha said about Maitreya. Shakyamuni said that when his teachings are gone from the earth, Maitreya will then come. I also dont understand why New Age philosophies are incorperating Maitreya into they practice without knowing the proper teachings of the last Buddha and what he said. This is Ignorance.

And Maitreya IS NOT Lucifer, dont mix Christianity with Buddhism. And defianatly dont say Maitreya is the same being that became the Devil in Judeo-Christian philosophies.

Last edited:

Baydwin

Why is it that this buddhist deity who is the embodiment of loving kindness has become the next savior or Christ. I really dont understand this.
That's easy. People in the west see Maitreya as a figure prophesied to come in the future, just like Christ or the Mahdi. New Agers don't see a difference, they lump these all together figuring, hey they must all be the same guy right.
Then we get a load of plonkers coming along (as with any prophesied future figure) saying they're the one. It's human nature. It's human nature to aggrandise one's own ego, and it's human nature to believe in such figures if they're charismatic and you're psychologically enfeebled.

Unemployment in the US is almost 10%, countries (and US states) are going bankrupt, children in Haiti are literally eating mud and you think life is going great? Good for you! But not so good for most people.
Suffering has always happened, and it has not been known to be prejudice. There have long been a large, maltreated work force, larger than there is now, countries have come and gone along with the upper crust, and there have always been natural catastrophes and plague/starvation/deprivation. This is hardly anything new, but just an expression of suffering. What one needs to realize is that if they are suffering, they aren't alone, and that no person's suffering is greater or less than another.

Maitreya is Lucifer, soon to return with the Annunaki to regain control over their Kingdom.

You are an illuminist and you don't know this?

Perhaps your bulb needs changed!

Come quickly Maitreya, Lord Lucifer!

Maiteya is not Lucifer. He's mentioned in both Mahayana and Theravada Buddhist scriptures. He has nothing to do with Christianity as Self pointed out.

I don't know what Mahayana Buddhism teaches of Meitreya, but in Theravada Buddhism the Tipitikas says that Meitreya is the next Buddha to come. The Tipitikas tells you when Meitreya will comes. It says Meitreya will come during a time when Dhamma (Dharma) has been extinguished and forgotten by humans on earth. When Buddhism has been lost in darkness. When humanity is mired in misery. When it the earth becomes a living hell.

When those things come to pass, the scriptures says that Meitreya will be born as a human to be the next Buddha to rekindle the Light of the Tripple Gem: Buddha, Dhamma, and Sangha. In the culture of Theravada, I think Meitreya is the Fifth Buddha.

Seeing that Buddhism is still thriving and actually growing with somewhere around 400 million Buddhists... I doubt we are anywhere near the time for Meitreya. You will know the time is near when the last Buddhist drops dead :)

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
It is my understanding that the Buddha taught that Maitreya would come when the world needed another person like the Buddha. The Buddha taught that people like him always come when the world needs them again. I have always speculated rather Maitreya could have been Jesus or not, but I won't speak for Lord Buddha by saying for sure. One thing the Buddha did say is that Maitreya's followers would be in the thousands in comparison to his hundreds.

Luminous

non-existential luminary

Anyway, I am happy to report that since you heard that message, Maitreya has finally appeared openly on TV and soon you will see him for yourself - just be alert and look for him.
yes, life was going great for me in december of 2009 lol. The LORD GOD, has continued to bless and inspire me even up to now.