• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mainstream Religious Music

AlexanderG

We have philosophical bhajans and poetry galore which do not pertain to any particular religion. Kabir's songs (1398/1455 — 1518/1575) are top-most among them, very wise and liked by all Hindus and Sikhs. As is believed, Kabir was an orphan raised by a Muslim couple, a weaver by trade, and a disciple of Saint Ramananda. Kabir's hymns make 10% of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Check in Youtube, there are thousands of renditions.

Kahat Kabir (So says Kabir ..)

I really like this kind of music, and I have a bunch of Kiran Ahluwalia stuff that I like to listen to.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I really like this kind of music, and I have a bunch of Kiran Ahluwalia stuff that I like to listen to.
Don't know about Kiran Ahluwalia. My music days ended years ago. Moreover, a mix of African desert blues and Western music (as Wikipedia says) is not my cup of tea. I was an Indian music fan.

AlexanderG

Don't know about Kiran Ahluwalia. My music days ended years ago. Moreover, a mix of African desert blues and Western music (as Wikipedia says) is not my cup of tea. I was an Indian music fan.

Yeah, she really branched out more recently, but used to do traditional Indian music.