• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Magic: The Gathering

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Does anyone else here play Magic? It's been a long time since I played(2006, and for Magic that;s a log time things changes). I want to get back into it been playing online over XBox and MTGO. I even spent some $ and got me a box of Boosters of the New set Rise of the Eldrazi. and by some I mean $100. But yeah....
Anyone? ^_^

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I used to. My younger brother and I would light some tiki torches, dress in robes, and play out on the picnic table at night. :D

My favorite deck was a green and black deck based on regeneration. Go zombies!

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I used to. My younger brother and I would light some tiki torches, dress in robes, and play out on the picnic table at night. :D

My favorite deck was a green and black deck based on regeneration. Go zombies!
Zombie decks are nasty(if done right). I've usually been a fan of playing White Weenie deck. The creature seem so small, but then they all smack you down.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I played once many years ago, liked it, but my mom forbid me from playing it again. I got a deck a few years ago, but never got the chance to actually play. I would love to try to play again, but I just don't know anyone else that does.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I played once many years ago, liked it, but my mom forbid me from playing it again. I got a deck a few years ago, but never got the chance to actually play. I would love to try to play again, but I just don't know anyone else that does.
That was my problem when I moved from CA to NE, no oe to play with and to young to go out and find people. But I might be able to soon, I knew some people that play now ad just need to see were it goes down.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Is it a game that you guys can organize to play online? I've never played, but it seems, at least with you two, that you want to play but don't have anyone close by..

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I suppose you might be able to play online. I don't remember anything about the rules to know if you definitely can or not, but it could be difficult to say the least.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Well there is Dual of the Plainwalker for the Xbox Arcade and then there is MTGO(Magic the Gathering Online) thoise are the only 2 ways I can think of playing online unless we had Video chatted and play with decks like that. But I don't have a cam.

silvermoon383

I used to play, but I ended up stoping because the fun went out of it. The group that came to the FNMs (Friday Night Magic, an official weekly tournament) morphed into a bunch of rules lawyers and killjoys that sucked all the fun out of the room. They would disparage the cards I used, how I played them, how I built my deck, how I played in general, and just about everything else.

Maybe one day I'll pick it up again, but not if those kinds of players are around in these numbers.

KatNotKathy

Yo. You can play free online. It even has a draft program. Download Apprentice / 10th Edition Patch at Magic-League

Anyways, I played from Mid-Urza block till Odyssey (So legacy, destiny, masques, nemesis, prophecy, invasion, planeshift, and apocalypse). I just really lost interest at that point.

I mean, if anybody wants to play some Masques-Invasion standard on Apprentice, I'd be down for that. Just Masques and Invasion blocks and 7th edition. Keeps things easier for those of us who haven't played since high school.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Got my Dark Ascension fat pack today, after I went into the store yesterday to buy cards, and learnt that the release was today. Got one of the lasts on pre-order. Lucky me, I found Elbrus the Binding Blade in one of the boosters. Certainly looks like an I-Win button once you manage to get it out, attached and do some damage with the thing you've attached it to.
Elbrus-the-Binding-Blade-Withengar-Unbound-Dark-Ascension-Spoiler.jpg

Heading to the launch party tomorrow to play a bit of Magic, get some more cards, and hopefully make a few friends to play some semi-regular social games too.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Got my Dark Ascension fat pack today, after I went into the store yesterday to buy cards, and learnt that the release was today. Got one of the lasts on pre-order. Lucky me, I found Elbrus the Binding Blade in one of the boosters. Certainly looks like an I-Win button once you manage to get it out, attached and do some damage with the thing you've attached it to.

Heading to the launch party tomorrow to play a bit of Magic, get some more cards, and hopefully make a few friends to play some semi-regular social games too.
is that from the new instrada block?

Iti oj

Premium Member
Zombie decks are nasty(if done right). I've usually been a fan of playing White Weenie deck. The creature seem so small, but then they all smack you down.
yeah i just made one and its sooo epic. But i need more cematary reapers.

Me Myself

Back to my username

wow! that´s insane!

But how does a "oduble faced" card works? I mean, wouldn´t it be telling when you are going to draw it? or am I misunderstanding? :D

edit: intimidate does what I think it does?

Iti oj

Premium Member
wow! that´s insane!

But how does a "oduble faced" card works? I mean, wouldn´t it be telling when you are going to draw it? or am I misunderstanding? :D

with flip cards they flip when the conditions are met... in no spells were cast learn trun, when a creature dies, pay mana, or in this case when it deals damge to a player in this case.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
wow! that´s insane!

This card in particular is an Artifact equipment when it first appears on the battlefield. You then attach it to a creature. When that creature does combat damage to a player, you can flip it to become the 13/13 with flying, intimidate (can only be blocked by creatures that share it's colour or artifact creatures), and trample.

A lot of double faced werewolf cards are "At the beginning of your upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, you may flip (card name)" and on the other side "At the beginning of your upkeep, if a player cast 2 or more spells last turn, flip (card name)"

There's a vampire one "Tap an untapped vampire you control. Flip (card name)"

And a blue creature that says "If (card name) does combat damage to a player, flip it and attach to target creature" - the flipside of it is an enchantment that places a creature under your control.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I understand the card says what let´s you flip it on game, my question is how the card is MADE.

I mean, if in one side it´s a monster and the otherside it is an artifact, then how can you put it facedown to "not know" the card you are gonna draw when it is in your deck? I am sure this question is stupid, so sorry for that :eek:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I understand the card says what let´s you flip it on game, my question is how the card is MADE.

I mean, if in one side it´s a monster and the otherside it is an artifact, then how can you put it facedown to "not know" the card you are gonna draw when it is in your deck? I am sure this question is stupid, so sorry for that :eek:

Ahhh! Well, as it happens, the booster packs include handy-dandy cards with the Magic backing, where you can tick or cross the box on the list to show which card it represents. On the other hand, you could always get card sleeves that don't show the back.

Like so:

ssepsalaz5_en.jpg
g4cc1x3ges_en.jpg

Last edited: