• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madurai Meenakshi documentary

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for posting this. I saw a picture of this recently and marveled at the architecture of the exterior. When I get my works stuff wrapped up this morning, I'll settle in and watch it. (I'll probably get to it more quickly if I stop goofing off on RF.) Maybe even pick up some Tamil along the way.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Thank you for posting this. I saw a picture of this recently and marveled at the architecture of the exterior. When I get my works stuff wrapped up this morning, I'll settle in and watch it. (I'll probably get to it more quickly if I stop goofing off on RF.) Maybe even pick up some Tamil along the way.
I've been there twice on pilgrimage. (Actually more than twice, if you count gong 3 days in a row as more than once.) The stonework is remarkable in any South Indian temple but it's the sheer size of everything there that impresses.

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Namaste!

Thank you, Vinayaka, I have been watching the video and getting shivers at the majesty. It's definitely on my list for when I go to India.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow! I’m always amazed at the intricacy of the stonework. I don’t think we can do that today... seriously.