• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madriism: Children of Gaia

Cerrax

That One Guy
Well I have a feeling that my religion will not be posted as an official religion because at this time, it is not. However, that does not diminish its importance.

Madriism is a religion that has recently become known. By recently I mean about a decade ago. Its name is derived from the Latin word matri which means "mother". It's foundadtion is built upon the text called the Iter of Gaia (Journal of Gaia).

EDIT-- Here's a link to the Iter of Gaia The Iter of Gaia

In Madriism, there are two dieties, and they are never referred to as gods. They are the Mother spirit Gaia, and the Father spirit Feith. Gaia is a spirit who dwells within the Earth, and every living thing's soul is spawned from her spirit. Our bodies are merely vessels for our souls. Along with the gift of life, each new soul has within it other gifts (talents, strengths, weaknesses, emotions).

Throughout life, Father Feith will present us with challenges that will utilize our unique gifts. We either meet these challenges with our talents and succeed, or choose to ignore them and fail. Upon death, the soul leaves our bodies, and we return to Gaia for a final judgement. If we have passed Feith's tests, our souls reunite with Gaia for eternity. If we fail, we are bannished to oblivion.

This is a very brief overview and I don't know where to begin explaining it, so until I can get some webspace to upload the Iter of Gaia, questions about it can be asked here. Who knows, maybe you will open your eyes to Gaia?

EDIT-- I have finally obtained a very small amount of space for the original Iter of Gaia. As I free up more space on my server, I will add the extentions of the original text that have also been written.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Welcome to RF Cerrax.

Hmm, Children of Gaia. Will be interested to read more of your views. When I hear Gaia I tend to think of the works of James Lovelock.

The question that came up when I read your post was how can we tell what challenges Feith wants us to meet?

Cerrax

That One Guy
Well almost everything in life is a challenge of some sort. When my father died, that was a challenge of my emotional and mental stability. I passed that test by keeping my head on my shoulders and staying mentally alert so I could help my mother and sister through it all.
Sometimes the challenges are large, and sometimes they are everyday things, like a hard test in school or something. Feith is basically seeing if you can live or not. Those who truly live realize their gifts and exploit they're potential. Those who squander their gifts and ignore their ablilities or use their gifts for malicious purposes will not return to Gaia upon death. It all comes down to how you live your life. An unfullfilling life will lead to an unfullfilled eternity.

nutshell

Cerrax said:
Well I have a feeling that my religion will not be posted as an official religion because at this time, it is not. However, that does not diminish its importance.

Madriism is a religion that has recently become known. By recently I mean about a decade ago. Its name is derived from the Latin word matri which means "mother". It's foundadtion is built upon the sacred text called the Iter of Gaia (Journal of Gaia).

In Madriism, there are two dieties, and they are never referred to as gods. They are the Mother spirit Gaia, and the Father spirit Feith. Gaia is a spirit who dwells within the Earth, and every living thing's soul is spawned from her spirit. Our bodies are merely vessels for our souls. Along with the gift of life, each new soul has within it other gifts (talents, strengths, weaknesses, emotions).

Throughout life, Father Feith will present us with challenges that will utilize our unique gifts. We either meet these challenges with our talents and succeed, or choose to ignore them and fail. Upon death, the soul leaves our bodies, and we return to Gaia for a final judgement. If we have passed Feith's tests, our souls reunite with Gaia for eternity. If we fail, we are bannished to oblivion.

This is a very brief overview and I don't know where to begin explaining it, so until I can get some webspace to upload the entire Iter of Gaia, questions about it can be asked here. Who knows, maybe you will open your eyes to Gaia?
Is your sacred text available online?

Cerrax

That One Guy
No. Not at this time. I am hoping to accquire more webspace so that I might be able to post it.

Cerrax

That One Guy
I wrote it back in 1992. While I ws camping in the summer I realized that Gaia was my Mother and everything just started coming to me. I don't want to sound like a babbling prophet but that's really how it happened. I was an atheist for a long time until I found Gaia (and Feith).

nutshell

Cerrax said:
I wrote it back in 1992. While I ws camping in the summer I realized that Gaia was my Mother and everything just started coming to me. I don't want to sound like a babbling prophet but that's really how it happened. I was an atheist for a long time until I found Gaia (and Feith).
May I ask, how did this realization come upon you?

Cerrax

That One Guy
Well I don't really know how to explain it. I just had these totally abstract thoughts suddenly enter my mind, and instead of reflecting upon them, and judging their rationality, I accepted them. Being brought up atheist, I naturally questioned all religious "feeling" but this was a real genuine message from some other power. Through meditation, I gained even more knowledge. This is a part of Madriism. There is no prayer, but communication with Gaia and Feith can be acheived through meditation.

nutshell

Cerrax said:
Well I don't really know how to explain it. I just had these totally abstract thoughts suddenly enter my mind, and instead of reflecting upon them, and judging their rationality, I accepted them. Being brought up atheist, I naturally questioned all religious "feeling" but this was a real genuine message from some other power. Through meditation, I gained even more knowledge. This is a part of Madriism. There is no prayer, but communication with Gaia and Feith can be acheived through meditation.
Do you have any followers at present?

Cerrax

That One Guy
That's why I came here. As son as I have space, the Iter of Gaia will be viewable so people can really see what its all about.

Cerrax

That One Guy
Well this is the difficult part. Madriism is based heavily upon faith in Gaia and Feith. Since there is no established institution for it, right now it is pretty much your preferrence as to whether you are part of it or not. Madriism is quite passive in respect to calling itself a religion because (unlike many religions) you don't have to believe in Gaia to be reunited with her upon death. As long as your life has benefited others and the world, you will be welcomed to the Mother. Madriism is the way to connect with Gaia and learn about life through experiences and challenges. Much like Deism, there are no miracles, just miraculous people. If I can get a website started, I will have a log of all members (that is people who wish to accept Madriism as their faith). At that time, Madriism may finally have a foundation upon which to stand.

turk179

I smell something....
I am very looking forward to future posts by you with more info on your religion. If you ever get a website send me the link.

Master Vigil

I am very interested as well. As a fellow creator of a spiritual way of life, I can understand your situation. Good luck, and may peace and joy fill your every being.

Cerrax

That One Guy
I have finally freed up enough space on my server for a small html file with the original text of the Iter of Gaia. There are a few extentions of the text which I do not have room for right now. They will appear later. Here's the link to the Iter of Gaia.