• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madam President

ecco

Veteran Member
ECCO,

Pointing out your lack of compassion was not a sly remark, or a cheap shot, it was a clear observation about your comment to another poster. "Why address that to me? Either stay content in your ignorance or do some research and get enlightened". Clearly this demonstrates your lack of compassion for her moral and justified outrage.

My comment to you: Truly Enlightened
You say the DNC is only looking at polls that disfavor Tulsi. Doesn't the DNC have to use the same polls for all the candidates?

Her comment quoting my comment you: Truly Enlightened...
The DNC is an evil exclusivistic club that I do not understand.

If someone does not understand something, then someone should not label it as evil. If someone does not understand something, then someone could do some research before commenting. Why she chose to address that comment to me, I have no idea. However, since she did address the comment to me, I responded.

I have seen many of her comments and do not understand why you feel it necessary to interject your comments into our conversation. She seems quite capable of defending herself. If she wants to talk about her "moral and justified outrage" she can do so.

ecco

Veteran Member
Also, "...]people like you believed Bernie could change the world. When he (the Independent running in the Democratic primaries) didn't get nominated, a lot of people, perhaps like you, sulked, didn't vote, or out of pique, voted for Trump.". These are the reasons I stated, and still do, that compassion, and sensitivity are not your strong suits. Now let's address all your deflections, conflations, non-sequiturs, false analogies, insinuations, and false equivalencies.

You've been on this forum for almost two years. It would be a lot easier to see who you were talking to and what they and you said if you properly used the "quotes" or "reply" facilities of the forum.

ecco

Veteran Member
It is YOUR blind optimism that is part of the problem.
You believe that Tulsi Gabbard, who is not able to get enough votes to qualify for a debate, will be able to win the Democratic nomination and beat Trump. Yet, somehow, by some stretch of the imagination, you feel qualified and justified in asserting that I suffer from blind optimism. That is tragically hilarious. It's even more so that you don't see it.

That is, the ends will always justify the means.
Where have I indicated that I believe that "the ends will always justify the means". Don't tap dance. Just show one specific quote of mine.

ecco

Veteran Member
None of these specific smears and hit pieces levelled at Tulsi, were levelled at Trump, on the 1st day he announce he was going to run. But nice deflection.
Are you sure you should be directing those comments to me? What have I said that kicked that off in your brain. Again, be specific - show what I said.

Cover the issues I've actually raised, then, maybe we can talk.

Truly Enlightened

ECCO,

Who do you think you are? This is MY THREAD. I will choose whatever agenda or issue I want to discuss. I will choose whatever conversation I want to enter into, or what buttons I choose to select? This is MY HOUSE, and if you wish to stay, you will treat other posters in my house with respect and civility. And not try to bully them with your tangential common sense drivel. In MY HOUSE all opinions matter, even yours. In fact, it is my opinion, that you are nothing more than just another silly insecure troll in search of a platform to peddle your annoying irrelevant distractions, because of a need for attention. Again, in case it is still not clear, I will post whatever comments or opinions I want, to whomever I want, and whenever I want, on my own thread. If you don't like it, go troll elsewhere. Or better yet, why not start your own thread? Go on, tell people that it is okay to use the power of Corporate America, the DNC, or the corporate mainstream media, to disseminate disinformation to decide what choices our citizens should have, and protect their own self-interests as well. Go on, tell them that lying, smearing, bribing, insinuating and implying, fabricating, misrepresenting, shutting down accounts, or the use of media blackouts, are perfectly normal, and should be the ethical tools to use in a Democracy. Go on, make the argument that these immoral and unethical methods would have no effect on the outcome of any campaign. Since you refuse to address Tulsi's policies on their merits, or even acknowledge that her campaign has been victimized by corporate greed, despite the evidence.
and
, then you are tacitly saying that the ends justify the means. So don't try to hijack my thread, and keep us all jumping out of one silly rabbit hole, and into another. Especially, when trying to justify an opinion that you will just deny anyway, no matter how obvious it is. So let the readers decide the truth for themselves.

Since this is MY THREAD, you will address MY points and MY concerns, or go elsewhere. You have said nothing that relates to the facts supporting many of our concerns. You have not addressed any of the merits of her policies. You just ignore all the video evidence, verifiable evidence, and even the admitted evidence. Everything that actually supports our concerns and opinions. Clearly you don't care about the dangerous ramifications of having Corporate America interfere in our most precious of all freedoms, CHOICE. You can't even understand how this interference by Corporate America, the DNC, and Corporate media, demonstrates that our Democracy is now becoming a commodity, that can be bought and sold like any other goods and services. What good is our right to vote, if the our choices are decided for us. You even ignored the fact that many corporate celebrities(Anderson Cooper, Ana Navarro, Chris Cuomo, Bob Scheiffer, Bill Maher, Joe Biden, Jimmy Fallon, Connie Chung, Stephen Colbert, Ana Kasparian, Ben Shapiro, Cenk Uygur, Whoopi Goldberg, Chuck Todd, Seth MacFarlane, Don Lemon, Dana Bash, Jake Tapper, Jim Acosta, Seth Meyers, and thousands of others) all belong to the same club(Creative Artists Agency, and the United Talent Agency), so why are we surprised when CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and the DNC are reporting the same things about Tulsi, even though they are competitors, and their debunked disinformation is false?

What is tragically hilarious. other than being an oxymoron? Although what IS tragically sad, is your level of comprehension, your ability to connect the dots, and your level of political empathy. No one is disputing her polling levels, or any candidates polling low becoming the DNC's nominee. These are no-brainer comments. What is also amazing, is how anyone can be manipulated enough to believe the smear-attacks on the patriotism of a 2 toured combat Major in the Army National Guard. Or, questioning the loyalty of a sitting 7 year Congresswoman of the US. What we are expressing, is our justified moral outrage over how blatantly corrupt and dishonest our political system has become. We are also expressing our amazement on just how morally bankrupt our citizens are becoming, to blindly accept what they are being fed. I suppose if the Warriors lost the game, because their 1st string was killed on the court, you would just say that they should have had a better 2nd string? The end is all that matters, right?

So, if you are not going to address the evidence we present, or the dots we connect, or provide an informed criticism of her policies, Then please troll elsewhere. Unlike you, I do the research before I open my mouth.

ecco

Veteran Member
This is MY HOUSE, and if you wish to stay, you will treat other posters in my house with respect and civility.
Good Golly Miss Molly. I can always tell when I've hit a nerve. The responses get more and more disjointed, more rambling and, in some cases, threatening. Hilarious.

ecco

Veteran Member
So, if you are not going to address the evidence we present, or the dots we connect, or provide an informed criticism of her policies, Then please troll elsewhere. Unlike you, I do the research before I open my mouth.
Ranting posts of your opinions is not presenting evidence, it is ranting posts of your opinions.

Furthermore, I'll comment in any thread I care to. If you don't like that, perhaps you can get the mods to give you your own DIR. Better yet, start your own forum. Then you can ban people who don't think much of your rants.

Truly Enlightened

Ranting posts of your opinions is not presenting evidence, it is ranting posts of your opinions.

Furthermore, I'll comment in any thread I care to. If you don't like that, perhaps you can get the mods to give you your own DIR. Better yet, start your own forum. Then you can ban people who don't think much of your rants.

Good Golly Miss Molly. I can always tell when I've hit a nerve. The responses get more and more disjointed, more rambling and, in some cases, threatening. Hilarious.

Let's see, you refuse to give an example of what is the hilarious tragedy you are talking about. You ignore the relationship between the smear talking points by the corporate media's "A" list of celebrities, and their membership to the same celebrity talent club. You avoid addressing the clear role that corporate America's money and influence plays in shaping our Democracy. You dismiss, or ignore, the unethical smear campaign, waged by Corporate America, to influence us in which candidates we should choose, and which we should ignore. You never actually criticize any of her policies based on their merits. Why? Could it be because they are essentially the same as all the other candidates(except her foreign policy)? You offer no alternative explanation on the glaring inconsistency of winning both debates, taking out two other candidates, topping debate polls, or being the most search candidate in every state, and her low polling stats. Do you think stopping wars, and spending the trillions of dollars at home, is a bad thing? Maybe you think that her solution is far too simple to be credible, and should be dismissed? Corporate America wins again, and we keep living our lives on the hopes and promises that our politicians feed us. Instead, you base the merits of her policies, only on the RESULTS of the polls she receives. Not once do you question the obvious incongruency of being a twice volunteer combat Major in the army, and being a sympathizer for Putin, Assad, Modi, Maduro, or any other leader the US is trying to screw for its own benefit? They treated people the same way, that didn't believe in their WMD's. This is how they "manufacture consent" from the public

Now we are going to again "manufacture consent", using disinformation to start a war with Russia and China, because of their activities in Africa. More lives to be sacrificed, to keep the Fossil Fuel Industry and Military Industrial Complex's profit margin healthy for another twenty years.

Since I have never stated that you can't post on my thread, nor implied that you should be ban from anything, then your fake moral outrage is just a lie. What I DID state, was that you were an insecure troll, which is a person that "starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages.". This means, either address the concerns, evidence, logic, and the central issues of the thread, or take your trolling self somewhere else. The choice is yours. All you do successfully, is close other people's threads.

So, I really don't know how to give your intelligent, fair, and impartial characterization of my ranting retort, the proper level of response it deserves. Except maybe, "I know you are, but what am I?". I don't expect you to even look at any of the evidence, logic, or videos I present, without trying to nitpick anything that can support your conformation bias. The difference between us, is that I REALLY HOPE I'M WRONG.

ecco

Veteran Member
I don't expect you to even look at any of the evidence, logic, or videos I present,

Logic? Do you consider your opinions to be logic?
One can learn about a candidate by observing the people that support or oppose that candidate. If people like you support her, I doubt I would have any reason to support her.

Although, I suspect you believe that the ends will always justify the means.
Where have I indicated that I believe that "the ends will always justify the means". Don't tap dance. Just show one specific quote of mine.

Still waiting for you to address that.

Nevertheless, I will give you credit for finally using the quote/reply functions correctly. That's a great step forward.

ecco

Veteran Member
Since you refuse to address Tulsi's policies on their merits, or even acknowledge that her campaign has been victimized by corporate greed, despite the evidence.

Perhaps I just don't care about her policies because she is a minor blip on the screen. It seems the only one who cares is you.

Truly Enlightened

Well, it looks like corporate America's constant hit pieces, smeared and discrediting campaign, have succeeded in preventing Tulsi's message from reaching the millions of viewers on the next debate stage. Unless you are the kind of person that don't care about spending trillions of dollars on wasteful illegal wars. Unless you are the kind of person that don't mind the death of thousands of civilians being bombed NOW in 7-8 countries. Unless you are the kind of person, that DOES NOT want healthcare for all, homes for the homeless, a higher minimum wage and standard of living, our infrastructure and environment to be addressed, a better educational system and the end of student debt, keeping money(lobbyist's) out of politics, the federal legalization of marijuana, the break-up of large corporations and Information giants, and our soldiers wasting their lives to keep corporate America afloat for another 50 years, well then you are NOT a supporter of progressive views. And, you are NOT a supporter of Tulsi Gabbard. But as one mainstreamed media celebrity said, "Tulsi has cultist power to hypnotize us, into believing whatever she says.". But I guess, all that matters is the winning, and not how you win.

Anyway, the next victim of this concerted propaganda smear campaign by Corporate America(through its media), is Bernie Sanders. Another progressive candidate, that openly challenges the mainstream media and Corporate America. None of the smears, hit pieces, insinuations, and lies are factual or verifiable. The purpose of this strategy, is to discredit character, and to question loyalty and allegiance(16 hit pieces in 16hrs is a new record). Just like they did to Tulsi. I guess if this misinformation campaign has been successful for over 40 years, then why change it now? You don't have to fool the public, just get them to believe that they are making their own decisions. Anyone in the Advertisement, Entertainment, and the Media Industries, know just how easy this is to do. So Bernie will be the next to fall. Not by our fair Democratic system, where every candidate can be judged fairly on the merits of his/her policies and character, and NOT by the type of corporate media they receive. Eventually, your choices will be down to Biden and Warren. Both belong to the same clubs(CAA/UTA), and pose zero threat to Corporate America. Biden will be the final nomination, since this will be a win-win for corporate America whomever wins the election. So the public will make the same mistake again, and will continue complaining about their social conditions for another 4 years. Some people will never learn.

(playing the victim)

averageJOE

zombie
Perhaps I just don't care about her policies because she is a minor blip on the screen. It seems the only one who cares is you.
It seems like YOU are the only one who doesn't care that thousands of our soldiers have been killed in pointless wars, and the ones who aren't are given sup-par treatment at best. It seems like you are the only one who doesn't care that we have wasted trillions of dollars since 9/11/2001 on wars rather than using that money to address our problems here. That is Tulsi's base policy. And I 100% care.

The sad part is is that you really feel that your "political opinion" is yours and you came up with it yourself. When in fact, your "political opinion" was shaped for you and fed you you.

Truly Enlightened

It seems like YOU are the only one who doesn't care that thousands of our soldiers have been killed in pointless wars, and the ones who aren't are given sup-par treatment at best. It seems like you are the only one who doesn't care that we have wasted trillions of dollars since 9/11/2001 on wars rather than using that money to address our problems here. That is Tulsi's base policy. And I 100% care.

The sad part is is that you really feel that your "political opinion" is yours and you came up with it yourself. When in fact, your "political opinion" was shaped for you and fed you you.

Well said. Like he said, he doesn't care about Tulsi's policies. Of course, he will never give a reason why, because this would expose the true nature of his character. He doesn't care about our soldiers dying in the wasteful illegal wars since 911. He doesn't care that America is seen as the terrorist, and with verifiable reasons. We were apathetic enough to believe the lies we were told about atrocities in Syria, Iran, Venezuela, Libya, Iraq, and many other countries. This was just a social scam to justify(manufactured consent) our bombing or sanctioning sovereign countries into co-operating with Corporate America, or else. https://www.facebook.com/CarlaOrtizOfficial/videos/inside-the-white-helmets-headquarters-in-aleppo/2132748790076439/ He doesn't care about the Trillions of dollars wasted on building bombs, nuclear weapons, missiles, guns, drones, ships, planes, tanks, and other weapons for killing people. He doesn't care about any of our social issues, and not having the resources to fund them. He doesn't care that 20 veterans per day commit suicide, or the tens of thousands that become addicted to heroin and other opioid drugs every year. These are the policies of Tulsi, that he doesn't care about.

He is just part of the problem, and another corporate stooge. He is like Kamala, who cares more about power than the people. And like Trump, who cares more about himself than the people. Image is everything, not service. Like you said, he doesn't have a clue, that he is just being manipulated in how and what to think.

ecco

Veteran Member

I don't care about your candidate and you stretch that to mean I don't "care that thousands of our soldiers have been killed in pointless wars".
I don't care about your candidate and you stretch that to mean that I don't "care that we have wasted trillions of dollars since 9/11/2001 on wars."

Your rhetoric reminds me of something that just happened the other day. Donald Trump told his sheeples (and all the rest of us) that if HE doesn't get re-elected, the economy is going to crash.

Now, let's face it, you are not anywhere close to being a Trump. But you think like him and don't even realize it. You believe that your opinion and your views are the only right ones. How childish.

Your ego is really amazing. You know nothing about me or what shaped my political views. One thing is for sure, my political opinions weren't shaped by listening to people who think they know everything. I can spot those conceited phonies from a long way off.

Truly Enlightened

My comments to averageJOE (post #115 above) apply equally to you. In fact, when I first read his comments I thought they were posted by you.

Since you have been on this forum for almost 3 years, you should know exactly who you are replying to. The name is written in the "quote", just before the narrative you begin the type. The name of the poster is also found next to the Avatar, in the post with the "reply" at the bottom. Are you so self-absorbed to think that I'm the only one who can see just how egocentric and arrogant you are? Do you think that you can comprehend things better than anyone else? I'm sure there are others who feel this way, but just couldn't be bothered arguing with a troll.

If you disagree with Tulsi's policies("Perhaps I just don't care about her policies because she is a minor blip on the screen. It seems the only one who cares is you."), then NO, it is NOT a stretch to believe that you don't care, or disagree with,

bringing our troops home from foreign countries
ending our wasteful regime-change wars
ending the killing of over half a Million soldiers and allied/auxiliary contractors. https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/files/cow/imce/papers/2018/Human%20Costs%2C%20Nov%208%202018%20CoW.pdf

spending the Trillions of dollars on social programs here at home, and not on killing people all over the world
and limiting the role that money plays in controlling our Democracy(accountability and transparency).

No one cares what you personally think about Tulsi, as a person. But if you don't care about her policies(without any explanation), then it is no stretch to conclude that you don't care about the above. Unlike you, we want our elected representatives to reflect the true will of the people, not the will of the Oligarchs and Plutocrats. Unlike you, we want our election process to be fair, accountable, and transparent. And, not based on any political tribal agenda. Unlike you, we want corporate media and the DNC to stop smearing, lying, rigging, and discrediting candidates, including those whose policies may represent the greatest threat to their paychecks. Unlike you, we are outraged when the DNC and corporate media begin questioning the patriotism of a serving Major in the Army National Guard, with two combat tours of duties. They know, that if they just keep repeating debunked smears and lies, closing her accounts, and not giving her any positive media coverage, that her polls will stay low. They know that the public is basically stupid and childish, and will not push back on anything that is fed by them. Especially, if they can package it to sound like the truth(appeal to the pathos).

Trump and the economy, what a joke. https://www.forbes.com/sites/yuwahedrickwong/2019/07/19/cheap-credit-and-lack-of-competition-gums-up-the-u-s-economy/#7e69587f50c7 We are reaching 10 Trillion dollars in CORPORATE debt. The economy is basically stagnating. And cutting Corporate taxes has only allowed them to spend their extra cash into buying back their own shares, NOT for any productive investments. Our economy can't handle 4 more years of this madman. But, as long as you're doing ok, who cares about the rest. Right?

I don't expect you to understand the relevancy of these videos, so they are not for you.

The evidence is so overwhelming, that it is hiding in plain sight.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I ran across something interesting about her.....
Text - H.R.1344 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): Helping Heroes Fly Act
Excerpted....
Sponsor: Rep. Gabbard, Tulsi [D-HI-2] (Introduced 03/21/2013)

This Act may be cited as the ``Helping Heroes Fly Act''.
SEC. 2. OPERATIONS CENTER PROGRAM FOR SEVERELY INJURED OR DISABLED
MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES AND SEVERELY
INJURED OR DISABLED VETERANS.

(a) In General.--Subchapter I of chapter 449 of title 49, United
States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:
``Sec. 44927. Expedited screening for severely injured or disabled
members of the Armed Forces and severely
injured or disabled veterans

``(a) <<NOTE: Consultation.>> Passenger Screening.--The Assistant
Secretary, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary
of Veterans Affairs, and organizations identified by the Secretaries of
Defense and Veteran Affairs that advocate on behalf of severely injured
or disabled members of the Armed Forces and severely injured or disabled
veterans, shall develop and implement a process to support and
facilitate the ease of travel and to the extent possible provide
expedited passenger screening services for severely injured or disabled
members of the Armed Forces and severely injured or disabled veterans
through passenger screening. The process shall be designed to offer the
individual private screening to the maximum extent practicable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find it odd that only veterans get appropriate treatment from TSA.
Other disabled people will continue to be inconvenienced & disrespected?
She's a veteran...& makes a big deal of it.
Does she believe that veterans (like her)
deserve special status over ordinary citizens?

Audie

Veteran Member
ECCO,

Who do you think you are? This is MY THREAD. I will choose whatever agenda or issue I want to discuss. I will choose whatever conversation I want to enter into, or what buttons I choose to select? This is MY HOUSE, and if you wish to stay, you will treat other posters in my house with respect and civility. And not try to bully them with your tangential common sense drivel. In MY HOUSE all opinions matter, even yours. In fact, it is my opinion, that you are nothing more than just another silly insecure troll in search of a platform to peddle your annoying irrelevant distractions, because of a need for attention. Again, in case it is still not clear, I will post whatever comments or opinions I want, to whomever I want, and whenever I want, on my own thread. If you don't like it, go troll elsewhere. Or better yet, why not start your own thread? Go on, tell people that it is okay to use the power of Corporate America, the DNC, or the corporate mainstream media, to disseminate disinformation to decide what choices our citizens should have, and protect their own self-interests as well. Go on, tell them that lying, smearing, bribing, insinuating and implying, fabricating, misrepresenting, shutting down accounts, or the use of media blackouts, are perfectly normal, and should be the ethical tools to use in a Democracy. Go on, make the argument that these immoral and unethical methods would have no effect on the outcome of any campaign. Since you refuse to address Tulsi's policies on their merits, or even acknowledge that her campaign has been victimized by corporate greed, despite the evidence.
and
, then you are tacitly saying that the ends justify the means. So don't try to hijack my thread, and keep us all jumping out of one silly rabbit hole, and into another. Especially, when trying to justify an opinion that you will just deny anyway, no matter how obvious it is. So let the readers decide the truth for themselves.

Since this is MY THREAD, you will address MY points and MY concerns, or go elsewhere. You have said nothing that relates to the facts supporting many of our concerns. You have not addressed any of the merits of her policies. You just ignore all the video evidence, verifiable evidence, and even the admitted evidence. Everything that actually supports our concerns and opinions. Clearly you don't care about the dangerous ramifications of having Corporate America interfere in our most precious of all freedoms, CHOICE. You can't even understand how this interference by Corporate America, the DNC, and Corporate media, demonstrates that our Democracy is now becoming a commodity, that can be bought and sold like any other goods and services. What good is our right to vote, if the our choices are decided for us. You even ignored the fact that many corporate celebrities(Anderson Cooper, Ana Navarro, Chris Cuomo, Bob Scheiffer, Bill Maher, Joe Biden, Jimmy Fallon, Connie Chung, Stephen Colbert, Ana Kasparian, Ben Shapiro, Cenk Uygur, Whoopi Goldberg, Chuck Todd, Seth MacFarlane, Don Lemon, Dana Bash, Jake Tapper, Jim Acosta, Seth Meyers, and thousands of others) all belong to the same club(Creative Artists Agency, and the United Talent Agency), so why are we surprised when CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and the DNC are reporting the same things about Tulsi, even though they are competitors, and their debunked disinformation is false?

What is tragically hilarious. other than being an oxymoron? Although what IS tragically sad, is your level of comprehension, your ability to connect the dots, and your level of political empathy. No one is disputing her polling levels, or any candidates polling low becoming the DNC's nominee. These are no-brainer comments. What is also amazing, is how anyone can be manipulated enough to believe the smear-attacks on the patriotism of a 2 toured combat Major in the Army National Guard. Or, questioning the loyalty of a sitting 7 year Congresswoman of the US. What we are expressing, is our justified moral outrage over how blatantly corrupt and dishonest our political system has become. We are also expressing our amazement on just how morally bankrupt our citizens are becoming, to blindly accept what they are being fed. I suppose if the Warriors lost the game, because their 1st string was killed on the court, you would just say that they should have had a better 2nd string? The end is all that matters, right?

Why dont you start a thread that only
you are allowed to post in it?

ecco

Veteran Member
If you disagree with Tulsi's policies("Perhaps I just don't care about her policies because she is a minor blip on the screen. It seems the only one who cares is you."), then NO, it is NOT a stretch to believe that you don't care, or disagree with,

bringing our troops home from foreign countries
ending our wasteful regime-change wars
ending the killing of over half a Million soldiers and allied/auxiliary contractors.

You have a serious problem with understanding the written word. Where did I say I disagree with those things? Nowhere. Where did I say I don't care about those things? Nowhere. I just don't think Tulsi is the best person to lead this Country. For one thing, she cannot beat Trump. She and I could agree on everything and I would not change my opinion that she is a minor blip on the screen. She and I could agree on everything and I would still not support her because she cannot beat Trump.

All of your ranting and misrepresenting my views aren't going to change that.