• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men - Season One

Watchmen

Premium Member
NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!

After all the hype surrounding Mad Men, my wife and I finally picked up season one. We watched the first two episodes last night and, while we enjoyed them, we do not yet see why many consider this the best series on TV right now. Does the series pick up or are the first couple episodes pretty much par for the course?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Mad Men was brilliant right out of the gates, but picks up later on. Episode 4 introduces some plot and character complexities that unfurl as the series go on.

It's the best thing on tv now that The Wire is done.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
It's brilliant because of the way it portrays the 60's. It does have a story arc that picks up towards the middle, but the beauty of it is seeing things that actually startle you, like pregnant women smoking and drinking, kids running around with plastic bags on their heads, and Don's new baby blue Cadillac.