• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad God

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Has anyone seen this movie? What did you think of it?

For those who don’t know- imagine Alice in Wonderland but Wonderland is Hell.

The story itself is ambiguous, and there is no dialogue, but all the while the entire thing was intriguing and I was always eager to see what it was adding up to, what was going to happen next. There was definitely a lot of symbolism in it, open to interpretation. It was definitely neat.

Erebus

I didn't end up finishing it but that's more to do with how I watch films rather than a problem with the film itself. I generally have films on while I do something else (e.g. painting) so the lack of dialogue and ambiguous plot of Mad God didn't accommodate that. It's something that would require all my attention and I struggle to do that with any film.

From what bits of it I saw though, I enjoyed it in much the same way I enjoy David Firth's work. I find art that operates on nightmare logic fascinating.