• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ma

Deidre

This movie had such potential, especially since it starred Octavia Spencer and Juliette Lewis. Can't quite figure out if it was meant to be a horror film, or some type of satire/slasher movie. Or if the writers got bored halfway through. Either way, the plot is basically about a group of teenagers who stumble upon a middle aged woman, who starts buying them alcohol, doing them favors, inviting them to her house for parties, etc. If I were a teenager, I'd think this was really creepy and strange, but then there'd be no movie plot, right?

As the plot unfolds, it becomes clear that ''ma'' (the middle aged woman asks the teens to call her this) has issues from her childhood past, and the teens are somehow connected.

Not worth seeing. I've warned you. I can't get that 90 minutes back, and I'm just trying to spare you the agony. :disrelieved:

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
This movie had such potential, especially since it starred Octavia Spencer and Juliette Lewis. Can't quite figure out if it was meant to be a horror film, or some type of satire/slasher movie. Or if the writers got bored halfway through. Either way, the plot is basically about a group of teenagers who stumble upon a middle aged woman, who starts buying them alcohol, doing them favors, inviting them to her house for parties, etc. If I were a teenager, I'd think this was really creepy and strange, but then there'd be no movie plot, right?

As the plot unfolds, it becomes clear that ''ma'' (the middle aged woman asks the teens to call her this) has issues from her childhood past, and the teens are somehow connected.

Not worth seeing. I've warned you. I can't get that 90 minutes back, and I'm just trying to spare you the agony. :disrelieved:
It sounds like the first twenty minutes of 40% of sci fi flicks.