• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lyft or Uber?

Lyft or Uber?

• Lyft

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Uber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've only used Uber and only a small handful of times, but from what I understand is that drivers will often utilize both services simultaneously.
My experiences, although brief and few, were positive.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've never called either.
That's Mrs Revolt's role.
It's been convenient & affordable.
As a result, we're scrapping our old Camry.
(No spare car anymore.)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Your thoughts?

I used to ride uber. Last year they mischarged me $10 more. I emailed the customer service and one person/robot returned my email and said to give proof such as a bank statement (in part). They Literally the same exact email all week with different people. I sent it as an attachment and five emails later of telling them to open the attachments. Another week. Then I finally got a person and she said that the charge is not validated and they can't refund me. When you have a dispute with uber they close your account (In the rules).

Lyft twice but not near the same time charged me for a ride that didn't show up. The first, the driver was in traffic and still charged me as if I was in the car. The latter, the driver was late but Lyft still charged me for a cancellation fee. Both times Lyft text me on the same night (three or four hours later) and refund me on the spot.

There are more ubers but the company isn't required to check the driver's cars etc as they do with Lyft (so far a driver told me). I'm fortunate to have nice drivers but not all drivers are so. I read some uber drivers demanded tip even though the app asks you to give tip before they charge your account.

Just sayin'

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've only done either once with a group. We went out on one and back on the other/ Both times there was no problem so my personal experience was fine.

But of course, that limited use can easily be coincidental.

Iymus

Lyft seems to have more of a professional feeling atmosphere in my opinion. Also not sure if Lyft has an international presence but I have used uber overseas.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Where I'm at, there are more Lyft drivers, making that the one to go. I also hear from a lot of passengers (I drive Lyft for now) that Lyft is generally cheaper, and has better costumer service.
I've never called either.
That's Mrs Revolt's role.
Very often it is the role of the Mrs to call the Lyft (and Uber I assume). I don't know why, but when I pick a couple up, it's often the lady of the couple who placed the ride.
There are more ubers but the company isn't required to check the driver's cars etc as they do with Lyft (so far a driver told me).
Both companies require vehicle inspections.
Also not sure if Lyft has an international presence but I have used uber overseas.
I've heard it's at least in some European countries from some of my European passengers.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Where I'm at, there are more Lyft drivers, making that the one to go. I also hear from a lot of passengers (I drive Lyft for now) that Lyft is generally cheaper, and has better costumer service.

Very often it is the role of the Mrs to call the Lyft (and Uber I assume). I don't know why, but when I pick a couple up, it's often the lady of the couple who placed the ride.

Both companies require vehicle inspections.

I've heard it's at least in some European countries from some of my European passengers.

Exactly. Yeah. Lyft's customer service is better. Have you driven for uber?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Your thoughts?
Our usage is limited basically to trips to and from an airport, although on rare occasions we have used in place of a taxi in some cities. We use both, but based on conversations with those who drive for both and who say Lyft treats drivers better, we opt for Lfyt if the two prices are close. If there is a significant difference we’ll go with the cheaper.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Exactly. Yeah. Lyft's customer service is better. Have you driven for uber?
No. I was going to sign up with both. But you have to have your car's registration when you sign up to drive for Uber. And when I was doing that, there was a problem with the bank sending my car's title to the dealership with the wrong information, so the dealership had to send it back. This happened three or four times before I finally got the corrected and accurate title in hand, and the registration.
But I've already signed up for Lyft, I make plenty of money with that as it is, and Uber doesn't get as much business in my area anyways. But what's funny around here is the payrate in Fresno is higher than in it is in Bakersfield (which is the same as LA). It is about 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive from Bakersfield to Fresno, but it's not like that's a massive distance for a regional thing. But the pay rate is so much better that the minimum ride pay is $3.00 instead of $2.63 (these are very short rides), and I get more rides around or over $10 (both from increased pay and going longer distances in a shorter time with their better freeway system).
And I hear all the time, basically, that Uber sucks, and a lot that the drivers aren't as friendly (something I've assumed is just biased with the bad experiences of everything else). But I also hear it is a regional thing. And I've also heard that people using it once or twice more likely use Uber because they've heard of it and it does come on many phones, while people who rely on the service use Lyft (and I've certainly had many of those).
I don't want to do this forever, but I actually really enjoy doing it and I'll be sad once my car doesn't qualify to drive later this decade. I do have fun doing it (especially on the weekends), and I meet a lot of interesting people and have learned so much more about the town than I would have otherwise (such as Jonathan Davis, lead singer of Korn, still being in Bakersfield where he is originally from, and a bunch of good places to eat, and lots about town history).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Never used any of them, so I stick to the old fashion of normal taxi where the drivers having their papers from a long education in locations, streets, hotels and so on. and have certification as taxi driver.
I prefer Lyft or Uber cuz it's more likely my driver will be a government
hating anarchist. (Taxi drivers are all minions of The Man.)
And I'm a cheapskate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I prefer Lyft or Uber cuz it's more likely my driver will be a government
hating anarchist. (Taxi drivers are all minions of The Man.)
And I'm a cheapskate.
Yeah. We don't have appointments, or time slots, or schedules. Or none of those odd and weird and bizarre rules and regulations. And we don't have "taxi excise police." And generally cheaper from what I hear, all the time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Never used any of them, so I stick to the old fashion of normal taxi where the drivers having their papers from a long education in locations, streets, hotels and so on. and have certification as taxi driver.
I know my way around town better than many of the locals, including more ways to get around trains than what most people I've heard are aware of. I don't have papers, but I see where the pickup/drop off location is on the map and generally I know where to go and which way without using the GPS until I'm near and need to find the exact address spot.
And more often than not you'll get to hear grunge or classic rock if I pick you up.:D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah. We don't have appointments, or time slots, or schedules. Or none of those odd and weird and bizarre rules and regulations. And we don't have "taxi excise police." And generally cheaper from what I hear, all the time.
What they don't tell you is its 1099 status as you are not an employee basically requiring a driver to do their own payroll which includes submission of quarterly's. In some cases, it require a business license and registering with the county office as an independent driver as well, not to mention talks about being bonded and insured. Some cities are now demanding taxi cab licenses for Uber and Lyft drivers.

To not do so could get a person deep in trouble with the IRS.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What they don't tell you is its 1099 status
I had no problem finding this information from Lyft. It was actually one of the easier things to find, more clear, more apparent, more visible, and less difficult things to figure out when starting out (figuring out how to get a hold of support for non-emergency things was actually a little more tricky and involved to find).
As for the rest it just depends on the city. I can just drive where I'm at, no extra licenses or papers or anything.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just realized I've been doing Lyft for a year now.:eek:
Would normally be driving today, but meh. I feel like crap and I'm enjoying my last of the house to myself.