• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lutheran Questions:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
So I've been working in a Lutheran school, where they pray and read about the bible and all of those things, and I've become very confused about some things. I've listened to their bible stories and the kids' converstations and I have some questions maybe some of you can answer.

1. Is Jesus God? Everyone keeps saying that Jesus is God, and on a list of "Names of God," Jesus is on there. I thought Jesus was God's son... When he came back from the dead, was he God too then? If so, does that mean that Lutherans believe there are two Gods? Or did the original God disappear when Jesus became God? Or am I just misunderstanding this entirely...?

2. Why would you be happy that Jesus got crucified? Some of the kids where saying that they were glad he got crucified, and that disturbs me. Shouldn't you feel sad that your saviour, a guy you worship, was wrongfully killed?

I'd ask the teacher I'm with, but I don't want to look like an idiot, since kindergarteners seem to be understanding this easily.

Thank you for any answers. :D

So I've been working in a Lutheran school, where they pray and read about the bible and all of those things, and I've become very confused about some things. I've listened to their bible stories and the kids' converstations and I have some questions maybe some of you can answer.

1. Is Jesus God? Everyone keeps saying that Jesus is God, and on a list of "Names of God," Jesus is on there. I thought Jesus was God's son... When he came back from the dead, was he God too then? If so, does that mean that Lutherans believe there are two Gods? Or did the original God disappear when Jesus became God? Or am I just misunderstanding this entirely...?

Yes according to the Lutherian and many other faiths, Jesus is god, it is part of the doctrine of the Trinity which espouses a triune god.
1. God the Father
2.God the Son (Jesus)
3.God the Holy Spirit

2. Why would you be happy that Jesus got crucified? Some of the kids where saying that they were glad he got crucified, and that disturbs me. Shouldn't you feel sad that your saviour, a guy you worship, was wrongfully killed?

The belief is that if Jesus was not crucified mankind would not be saved, therefore he died to save ''us'' and this is good.

I'd ask the teacher I'm with, but I don't want to look like an idiot, since kindergarteners seem to be understanding this easily.

You should just ask, I'm sure they would be happy to explain it to you (possibly at some length :D )

Thank you for any answers. :D

You're welcome :p

Karlstadt1

Dear Whereismynotecard,
Some things in life are a mystery. If you want a church which has all the answers, i suggest the Roman Catholic Church. We mortals can not wrap our minds around some of our experiences, or what others have experienced. For a religion with an easy answer, i suggest atheism. Agnosticism requires an open mind, if you can handle the uncertainity of life. Some have looked to Science for answers, but there is always a question behind every answer, like ' what are quarks made of?'
'who created the matter for the Big Bang?' If matter is self-creating, that sounds to me like theology.
Look at it this way: God works with human beings basically in 3 ways: 1) creator with all that this suggests. 2) God walked on earth so that no-one can use the excuse: "you don't know what I'm going through!" 3) God works through our experiences, or through other people, often in spite of their thoughts and actions.

It is not so much that God is 3 Persons, than humans need 3 views of God.