1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Lust and its Bad Rep

Discussion in 'Scriptural Debates' started by Skwim, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Oldest Heretic

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Religion:
    Anglican...heretic

Only because sex is so high up everyones agenda.

2. Saint Frankenstein

Saint Frankenstein I'm not deaf, I'm just a real bad listener
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20,199
    Religion:
    Heathen pantheist/animist
    So married men are allowed to bang all the women they please as long as they don't ejaculate inside of other man's wife? And women aren't allowed to do the same? That's sexist tripe that treats women as property.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Skwim

Skwim Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +11,926
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Which no doubt explains why "sexual lust" is the prevailing notion of "lust."

#23 Skwim, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  4. Hubert Farnsworth

Hubert Farnsworth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,530
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    Yes, but most religious men tend to be beta males (pastors have the lowest testosterone levels of all occupations), so it's common for them to be cuckolded by their wives.

5. Tmac

Tmac Active Member

Ratings:
    +165
    Religion:
    none
    Maybe religious males(whatever that is) but the ministers seem to have a hard time keeping it in their pants.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hubert Farnsworth

Ratings:
    +2,530
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    I read a study indicating that ministers have the lowest testosterone levels of all males. Sure, there are exceptions, but in my experience this tends to be the case. Also, many ministers (based on my personal experience) tend to be obese, especially in the midsection, which is also a sign of low T.

7. Saint Frankenstein

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20,199
    Religion:
    Do you have any evidence of that or are you just spewing nonsense that you got from some 4chan cesspit, as I suspect?

8. Milton Platt

Milton Platt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,255
    Religion:
    Atheist
    No lust=no erection=no ejaculation=no pregnancy=end of human species.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yohanan ben Yaaqov

Ratings:
    +127
    Religion:
    Orthodox Jewish
    Actually, a man is allowed to have as many contract wives and piylag’shiym, basically live in lovers, as he wishes. They all live with him on his property, they are all supported by him and all of their children are his. It is not a free pass for a married man to run around banging everything in sight. That would have been me between 1972 – 1988, but I was single at the time. Just for the record, polygamy is illegal in modern Israel, for whatever that’s worth.

Just a couple of other side points to your comment: with the exception of nocturnal emissions, aka wet dreams, which do result in ritual impurity, it is illegal for a man to ejaculate outside of a woman’s vagina; artificial insemination, if it is not the semen of her husband, is also considered adultery.

According to Torah both polygamy and polygyny are not only allowed but there are also several Mitz’vot exclusive to the children of multiple wives and concubines. No matter how many wives or concubines a man has, all of the children are his. If a woman has multiple male partners she has no way of knowing who the father of any of her children are, which basically makes her children nonexistent.

In Israelite culture both biological and tribal lineage, or genealogy, is determined exclusively from father to son. Females do not have any tribal or biological affiliation. When a female is born she is so-and-so daughter of so-and so of the tribe of such-and-such; when she marries she becomes so-and-so wife of so-and-so of the tribe of such-and-such. All of her children are the descendants of her husband’s lineage exclusively; she transfers no type of lineage whatsoever to any of her children.

It is really not difficult to see what a mess women with multiple partners actually is, all you have to do is watch television talk shows such as Maury Povich that have “who’s the father of my baby” shows all the time. I think it’s a crying shame when a woman has 15 or 20 different men DNA tested, and they all come back negative.

If you feel that God’s Law against adultery is so terrible, how would you feel if your wife became pregnant and you went through the entire 9 months of gestation with her right up until birth, only to find out it is not yours?

Many years ago I suspected my wife of cheating on me, but I had no way of proving it. Unfortunately, she indeed became pregnant right about that time. I had no way of knowing whether this child was mine or the product of her indiscretion. I prayed long and hard for her to have a miscarriage, and she did. That event served to reinforce my belief in God’s perfect Justice.

10. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581
    Religion:
    Christian
    Your only showing your lack of knowledge of understanding what the Bible actually does say, on the subject of lust.

As for Adultery, whether it be a married man or a married woman.
    Both will be found in Adultery.

"And the man that committed adultery with another man's wife, even he that committed adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death" Lev 20:10

Lust is nothing, until it's fully conceived.

If I look upon a woman to lust after her, that is nothing. Until that lust becomes a reality, that I'm only with her, for whatever reason I purpose in my lust to have her.

Did I lust to her as my wife, there is nothing wrong in that, How else is a single man and single woman to come together if they have nothing to lust after each other for. They have the lust of their heart in love, to want to be with each other. There's nothing wrong in that.

If I see my Neighbour have something that I want and I lust to have it. I done no wrong.
    Until I take it, Now my lust has come to be fully conceived in taking it

If married man or married woman lust after each other, they done nothing wrong.

Until that lust is fully conceived, and they are found in laying with each other,Now the lust which they had, is now come to be fully conceived, Now they have committed Adultery.

Are we to believe that God is going to convict us on our thoughts, No, Of course not.

It's when those thoughts become a reality, and you are found in doing what you thought on.
    Now comes the sin, which leads to death.
    James 1:15.

#30 Faithofchristian, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  11. Hubert Farnsworth

Ratings:
    +2,530
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    It was a real peer-reviewed source if I remember correctly, but I'm too lazy to look it up again now.

12. Saint Frankenstein

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20,199
    Religion:
    All this does is confirm that it is just archaic sexist crap. You are saying that women have no identity outside of men and that men are allowed to have as many women as they please to keep as brood mares. Your aside about your wife having a miscarriage that you prayed for is completely disgusting and says a lot about you and your "god". For shame, if you have any.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Saint Frankenstein

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20,199
    Religion:
    Disregarded, then.

14. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +581
    Religion:
    Christian
    Lust and its Bad Rep.

Lust isn't just about sex.
    Lust can be about many things that a person desires to have. But it's not a sin to lust.
    For instance, you lust to have a new car.
    is that a sin?
    Of course not.
    Let's say, you see a woman and she sees you, and both lust to be with each other.
    Is that a sin?
    Of course not.

But if you lust after a woman that is Married or a woman lust after a man who is Married.
    Now thats a sin.and have committed Adultery with her/him already in their heart.

Now can a man and woman who are single lust for each other without it being a sin.Yes

How else is a single man and a single woman to come together, if they do not have the lust of desire of love, in their heart to be with each other.

#34 Faithofchristian, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  15. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +581
    Religion:
    Christian

Ok, Let's take Matthew 5:27,28.

Verse 27--"You have heard that it was said by them of old time, You shalt not commit Adultery"

In case you didn't notice, this includes both men and women who are Married.

Now as for Verse 28 --"But I say unto you, That whosoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart"

This being a woman who is Married that whether the man is Married or single, if they lust after a woman that is Married, has committed adultery with her in his heart.

This also goes for a man who is Married that whether the woman is Married or single, If they lust after a man that is Married, has committed adultery with him in her heart.

Ok so let's for say, that a person will say, But Verse 28 doesn't say anything about a woman lusting after a man.

A brain with Common Sense will tell you, it goes both ways.
    God gave to everyone a brain to use with Common Sense.
    God is not going to spell everything out, for people when people has a brain to use with Common Sense to use, to figure out that it goes both ways with men and women. Who are Married.

#35 Faithofchristian, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  16. Kelly of the Phoenix

Kelly of the Phoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,192
    Religion:
    "Post" Christian, likely Deist
    Jesus said he wouldn't watch his hands and hung out with unclean people, making him unclean. Jesus inspired a lot of idolatry (depending on one's POV). Magic powers can be seen as sorcery. Jesus managed to rile up a lot of people, causing enmity, strife, jealousy, wrath, division, etc. Jesus attends a wedding party. Jesus provides epic wine at said party.

Combine that with the fact Jesus said people using the word "fool" would send them to hell and, having short term memory loss, called people fools, and it's obvious Jesus is in hell. Whooops. :p

Not in the US.

A convenient definition, to be sure, and one that wouldn't impress the Mrs. at all.

Why is he allowed to do it but not the Mrs.?

And that doesn't work out 100%. :p

So, when Egyptian priests conjure up snakes, it's sorcery, but when Moses does it, its' a miracle?

Spirit: "I am worked by the actions of the participants and none of y'all wanted to get caught, so 'I' shut up."

Real magic, I assume, wouldn't require a board game at Wal-Mart to work anyway.

Yeah. Now study filmmaking and you'll laugh too.

The last sentence in the quote seems to contradict the first.

Nowadays, though, we have this thing called a paternity test. Plus, what a douche opinion of children who had no say in the matter. Parents CAN care for children not biologically theirs, you know. Baby Moses would've been crocodile food had adoption not been a thing.

LOL, so the only verifiable relationship (that a child came from a particular mother) doesn't count but a father's unproven contribution is?

Can't get mitochondria without the mom.

Unless she has a virgin birth, it took the guy you say can screw whoever he wants to create this problem. But let's **** shame only half of the relationship, right?

As there are men who can be supportive of any child in the family, apparently you shouldn't project your male insecurities on all males?

No, it makes people with this attitude a monster. The child could've been yours and you "killed" it because you're insecure. What sicko prays for this? How many children of men who were allowed to screw whoever they wanted die because of similar prayers? How many progeny of yours are alive that you can verify? If the children belong to the father, should people pray to have YOUR progeny die? I mean, if you put your money where your religion is?

Not according to Jesus, where even a "daaaaaaaang, she's hot" is enough to put you to hellfire.

17. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +581
    Religion:
    Christian
    How do you come by that ?

18. Kelly of the Phoenix

Kelly of the Phoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,192
    Religion: