• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lunatic exchanges

Vee

Premium Member
This is a sample of stuff that happens in my life:

Me: I have too much work and I'm getting behind. Since the company doesn't want to hire anyone, could I at least get an intern for 6 months?
Service director: There's an intern who's here for a few months and he'll try different services. He'll be with you for a couple of months.
Me: (not great but I'll take what I can get) What can he do to help me?
Service director: We'll have to see. He's from Mexico.
Me (this is getting interesting): Does he speak french?
Service director: Very little.
Me: English?
Service director: Not much.
Me: So, what kind of work am I supposed to give him?
Service director: We have some contracts to review. We could ask him to read them.
Me: You're suggesting I give legal french documents to be reviewed by a person who doesn't speak french?
Service director: Blank stare...

Why do I have the feeling that not only I'm not going to get the help I need, I'm also going to end up babysitting?

This is why people go crazy at work!

exchemist

Veteran Member
This is a sample of stuff that happens in my life:

Me: I have too much work and I'm getting behind. Since the company doesn't want to hire anyone, could I at least get an intern for 6 months?
Service director: There's an intern who's here for a few months and he'll try different services. He'll be with you for a couple of months.
Me: (not great but I'll take what I can get) What can he do to help me?
Service director: We'll have to see. He's from Mexico.
Me (this is getting interesting): Does he speak french?
Service director: Very little.
Me: English?
Service director: Not much.
Me: So, what kind of work am I supposed to give him?
Service director: We have some contracts to review. We could ask him to read them.
Me: You're suggesting I give legal french documents to be reviewed by a person who doesn't speak french?
Service director: Blank stare...

Why do I have the feeling that not only I'm not going to get the help I need, I'm also going to end up babysitting?

This is why people go crazy at work!
Pure Dilbert!