• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lunar Eclipse January 31st

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From NASA:

LUNAR ECLIPSE OBSERVING TIPS: The full Moon is about to pass through the shadow of Earth, turning the normally gray lunar disk a lovely shade of coppery-orange. When should you look? For people in the USA, the answer is Wednesday morning, Jan. 31st, just before sunrise.

d4c59410-4a05-4fcb-9cb8-441b075d8a1b.png
EclipsetimesPST_strip.png

Enjoy.

siti

Around midnight in Suva - but it looks like its going to be pretty cloudy...oh well

They should space them out more evenly so you don't have to wait so long for the next one if it rains :fullmoonface:

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Clear here right now...predicted and--is there an astronomical event supposed to be visible here--almost certain to be overcast, at least in the direction of the setting eclipsed moon...

siti

Well how about that? There was a break in the clouds and we got to see the eclipse during totality about 1.30am. Although you guys in the US saw a 'red blue moon' (if you saw it at all) - as the clock had already ticked past midnight on the 31st for us when the moon really became full, technically it was not a blue moon in Fiji - we will have a blue moon (second full moon in a calendar month) on April 30. Contrary to popular media it wasn't really a super moon either - we had that last on 2nd Jan - but I'm glad I got up to see it anyway. :musicnotes:Blu-ue mooon...you saw me standing alone...:musicnotes:

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Well how about that? There was a break in the clouds and we got to see the eclipse during totality about 1.30am. Although you guys in the US saw a 'red blue moon' (if you saw it at all) - as the clock had already ticked past midnight on the 31st for us when the moon really became full, it was not a blue moon in Fiji - we will have a blue moon (second full moon in a calendar month) on April 30. Contrary to popular media it wasn't really a super moon either - we had that last on 2nd Jan - but I'm glad I got up to see it anyway. :musicnotes:Blu-ue mooon...you saw me standing alone...:musicnotes:
As I expected, overcast here during the crucial timeframe...

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well how about that? There was a break in the clouds and we got to see the eclipse during totality about 1.30am. Although you guys in the US saw a 'red blue moon' (if you saw it at all) - as the clock had already ticked past midnight on the 31st for us when the moon really became full, technically it was not a blue moon in Fiji - we will have a blue moon (second full moon in a calendar month) on April 30. Contrary to popular media it wasn't really a super moon either - we had that last on 2nd Jan - but I'm glad I got up to see it anyway. :musicnotes:Blu-ue mooon...you saw me standing alone...:musicnotes:

Great. I'm glad you got to see the eclipse. Too cloudy here.