• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luke 21

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Isn't the Mind like the Sky?
aren't Thoughts like Clouds?
isn't the Heart like an Ocean of Bliss?
aren't the Sun, Moon, and Stars like Luminaries, or the Enlightened?
isn't Lightning like flashes of Insights?
isn't the Body like a Mountain?

Our God is a consuming fire.

Body like a Mountain, Heart like an Ocean, Mind like the Sky ...
https://kadampa-center.org/sites/default/files/Handouts5-7.pdf

Job 22:14
Thick clouds are a covering to him, that he seeth not; and he walketh in the circuit of heaven.

Revelation 1:7
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Acts 1:11
"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky(consciousness)? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven(mind), will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven(intelligence)."

Our minds are like the sky(heaven), infinite in their breadth and depth. Boundless. Our thoughts are like clouds drifting from horizon to horizon. Our insights like heavenly bodies(lights) flashing(lightening) across the inky blue sea of heaven(mind).

“Souls cross ages like clouds(thoughts) cross skies(mind), an' tho' a cloud's(belief’s) shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud(concept) an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's(opinion’s) blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas(book), yay, only the atlas(scroll) o' clouds.”― Cloud Atlas

Belief, thought, mind, opinion, concept are all synonyms

Daniel 7:13
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds(thoughts) of heaven(consciousness). He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

Luke 21

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars(heavenly bodies, luminaries). On the earth, nations(people) will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea(psyche). 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies(sun, moon, stars) will be shaken(disturbed). 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud(thought) with power(mighty work) and great glory(view). 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Matthew 24:27
For as the lightning(insight) cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west(from horizon to horizon); so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. [Eureka]

Revelation 2:10

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

Last edited: