• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luck of the Draw

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I had no where else to put this.

Magic/ritual users: Do you have a very strong ability to predict something will come true to where the opposite happens 100 percent always? Basically, you can predict/divine something true so that the opposite will happen?

This cant be done purposefully. It wont work. I do this daily. But I felt if I looked more into it (what is it called?) It would not work anymore. This is probably where prayers start. The heart (?) makes something happen not our will for it.

Anyway. Thats me. Please dont reply if you doubt what Im saying.

Diviners... do you have this? What is it called? Do you use it in your rituals?

I am not one to pray for things to happen. Though I really want this X to happen but I Know (not believe) when I will it true, it goes opposite. But i cant will opposite now that Im aware of what Im doing.

If you have this and use it in rituals, how does it work for you? Whats your theology behind it according to your belief system or practice?

I always wondered of others outside my family have this...when something happens opposite of another persons wishes, some people say "figures." This is stronger than that.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I don't untested what do you mean divine something to where the opposite happens

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't untested what do you mean divine something to where the opposite happens

For example, my goal when I throw this coin is to have the coin fall on heads. (Takng out the fifty/fifty chance for a min)

So I will divine (by prayer whatever) that it falls on tails without thinking of my goal.

The coin always falls om heads.

If I do a straight prediction. "My goal is heads so I predict heads" it alwaya falls on tales.

Taking out it could be luck of the draw of the moment.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
So your talking about changing the future you predicted?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@Iti oj

I can divine something basic by saying the opposite of what I want for whatever it is to be true. Using negatives to predict the future.

Have you ever wanted something so much and thought about it too much to when that time came, you didnt get it? Almost as if your physical desire (lust maybe) in a clean way changed the future (or made the future not at your immediate advantage).

When you dont get it, maybe you say "figures" because this happens (key here) all the time you stop wishing. This is for all situations, environments, people you interact. The results is from you.

Instead, if you want X, dont wish it to come. Wish the opposite.

I find this works sometimes but mostly for me its if I wish to strongly left or right, the opposite happens. So I dont pray or wish either way. It changes the future. When I do that, it comes 100 percent.

So your talking about changing the future you predicted?

By brother had this knack and he went into it through numerology. Closest I do numbers is playing cards. Fift/fifty predictions are easier. Three card draw takes time.

When I pick a card, its "that card is a 2." (Gut feeling)
I dont turn it, and think the opposite "its a, i dont know, 3" (planned feeling)
I reach for the "3" and my automatic buffer says its a 4.
Now, I Know its a 2. It always is.

Anyway, its part of everyday life. We callnit coinsedences and sychronicities. If it is something you can control (say people do in prayer all the time) has any magic uses applied thisnin ritual.

We use energy all the time and thats part of life too. Its not magic. What other things do we use in ritual in addition to or besides energy?

Can anyone relate?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I almost never use divination to prognosticate the future, but what you're talking about here sounds like divination used as spellcraft, in particular one that makes use of something I call the "principle of negative attraction." It is a sub-principle within the "principle of association" which is the basic rule of correspondences used in nearly all spellcraft. The principle of negative attraction simply states that like attracts unlike. This principle is grounded in part in the idea that extremes tend to be unstable; if you are at the apex of something, the only way you can go is down. You could certainly put this principle to use with divination, but it is... a rather unconventional method, I must say.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I almost never use divination to prognosticate the future, but what you're talking about here sounds like divination used as spellcraft, in particular one that makes use of something I call the "principle of negative attraction." It is a sub-principle within the "principle of association" which is the basic rule of correspondences used in nearly all spellcraft. The principle of negative attraction simply states that like attracts unlike. This principle is grounded in part in the idea that extremes tend to be unstable; if you are at the apex of something, the only way you can go is down. You could certainly put this principle to use with divination, but it is... a rather unconventional method, I must say.

Thank you. I havent heard of that before. Divination is foreign to me when it comes to cards and things like that. Why would you say its unconventional? (While I look it up now)?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I had to reread this. Im assuming the basic rule with cor. is whatever intent is would be associated with the corres. you are using?

If what my OP can be used in spellcraft, that would kind of be breaking the rule of corr. Is that why you say its unconventional?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you. I havent heard of that before. Divination is foreign to me when it comes to cards and things like that. Why would you say its unconventional? (While I look it up now)?

I view divination as specifically geared towards gathering information. I call it unconventional because you are using a divinatory medium for a purpose other than gathering information... you are using it to affect change more directly, which is something I typically associate with spellcraft (aka, magic/magick). If I were to construct a spell based on the principle of negative attraction, I wouldn't use divinatory mediums for it. In fairness, that is in part a matter of personal preference.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I view divination as specifically geared towards gathering information. I call it unconventional because you are using a divinatory medium for a purpose other than gathering information... you are using it to affect change more directly, which is something I typically associate with spellcraft (aka, magic/magick). If I were to construct a spell based on the principle of negative attraction, I wouldn't use divinatory mediums for it. In fairness, that is in part a matter of personal preference.

Aah. That makes sense. I dont have much "formal" knowledge in either, really. If I wanted to use that attraction I wouldnt known where to start.

Off topic a bit.

I always thought the word divination is predicting the future. If I wanted to gather information, Id use forms of ritual and prayer (etc). Mediumship, I think its called or spiritualism.

The definitions you use, are those personal definitions or am I off the mark objectively speaking? I dont mind having my own def. but they have to, well, make sense to what the core meaning of the term. germ. Whats your view?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
How I define divination a personal definition informed by the community and research I've done. Divination, even historically, has never just been about mere fortune telling (aka, predicting the future) and limiting it to that is seriously squandering its potential. If we look at something like astrology, for example, natal charts are not about predicting the future at all, they tell you something about the person. Information, basically. Much of the modern literature (the stuff that is decent anyway) steers clear of conflating divination with fortune telling, which is wise considering the value of divination does not hinge on its ability to accurately predict the future. It's value hinges on how it gets you to introspect about a situation, and consider things from a different perspective. It sends you information, and whether it's true or not, it will get you to think.