• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luciferianism- Theistic and Atheistic

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Atheistic, i do not believe in fairy tales.

Im strongly anti-christian, i do not see the point in simply inverting the christian point of view.

jake6000

I'm also an Atheist, although (as I mentioned in my introduction) I do think that occultist practices are something worth pursuing, at least for me. Enochian magic, in particular, has captured my interest, as Enochian is the supposed language of angels and Lucifer is one.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I'm also an Atheist, although (as I mentioned in my introduction) I do think that occultist practices are something worth pursuing, at least for me. Enochian magic, in particular, has captured my interest, as Enochian is the supposed language of angels and Lucifer is one.

Well if you get what you want from practising it then there is no downside. From personal experience i found magic to be quite disappointing, maybe i just wasn't doing it right :eek: You have to do whats right for you though. Sometimes it may require changing paths but in the end we have to do whats best for ourselves and what will make us have more self belief.

Shamefully back in the day i was a thorough little teenage rebel satanist. Thankfully i grew up a bit, i've come to appreciate many values of satanism in my time.

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's

Enochian magic involves the angels of Enoch, right? And if you believe in the angels of Enoch, you must believe in Lucifer which makes you a theist, right? When you say you're an atheist, do you mean you don't believe in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God or do you mean you don't believe in any spiritual beings at all?

jake6000

I actually don't know much about Enochian magic, other than that it was founded by John Dee and Edward Kelley, who claimed to have communicated with angels. But a quick check on Wikipedia just confirmed what you said, and I do not believe in any spiritual beings. I would much rather take an orthopraxic, rather than orthodoxic, approach to my religious practices. However, if Enochian magic does turn out to be entirely incompatible with Luciferianism (i.e., praying to Angels of God), then I'll look elsewhere for magical practices.

Which do you believe in, and why?

I have read some of what your are trying to say. Maybe you may want to sit down and take a breather first. It sounds that you are not so sure? Maybe I am wrong? Are you sure this is the area you should be in?

As to Enhocian?
Watchtowers/Doorways being the key. Watchtowers the regions of the Magical Universe.The type of Magic that uses these regions is called Enochain Magic in a loose term. Enochian Magic claims two unique elements an original language and the other and a map of indivisible worlds.

Just some ideas

As to religion I do not have anything to say to those who preach babble but I have let my feeling be known on this board.

Regards

DiabloNightcraft

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
As to religion I do not have anything to say to those who preach babble but I have let my feeling be known on this board.

Regards

DiabloNightcraft

Thats true but as a satanist its admirable to watch the world burn rather than join the hypocrisy. Why fall into the trap of simply inverting the word of God to bring him down when we can be so much more than that. I've let people know quite often with cynnism my opinion of organised faith but its not up to us to change the minds of sheep. Well thats what i think anyway, you may think differently:eek:

S-word

Reiðrœska;1323225 said:
Enochian magic involves the angels of Enoch, right? And if you believe in the angels of Enoch, you must believe in Lucifer which makes you a theist, right? When you say you're an atheist, do you mean you don't believe in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God or do you mean you don't believe in any spiritual beings at all?

Did you know that it was Enoch who, unblemished and at the age of 365, the number of days in a calendar year, was the one year old unblemished sacrifical Lamb of God, and was carried to heaven and stripped of his mortal garment and rubbed with the sweet smelling ointment of God which shone with the brilliance of the sun and was placed in the position of the first born of the creation who had been cast out of the assembly of the gods, there to stand before the face of the Most High into all eternity.

Even though he was equal to the Light of Man who was the life, mind or Person, that had developed in the body that the Logos had become and in which the Logos, "the divine animating principle pervading all things within the universal body." Even though he was in the form of God's first born son who stood before the face of the Most High, he did not see fit to claim equality, but took on the form of a human being once again and was reborn on earth in the body of the man Jesus. And Enoch=Jesus was obedient to Lucifer the Light Bearer, the first born son of God; the bright morning star who had been cast down to the lower place and it was he who spoke these words through the mouth of his servant Jesus=Enoch, "Father! Give me glory in your presence now, the same glory I had with you before the world was made."

It was for this reason that Jesus=Enoch, the physical image of the perfected first born Son of God, had to be lifted up 'in the same manner' that Moses lifted up 'the Image' of the serpent in the wilderness, in order that all those who are dying because of the venom of the old accusing serpent who stood before God night and day accusing his brothers, which deadly venom is coursing through their veins, only have to turn their minds eye to he who came to give his life for and justify the body in which the Light of man had developed.

Last edited:

Renji

Which do you believe in, and why?

I think there is a bit difference between a Luciferianist and an Atheist because atheists don't believe in God nor in the Devil. Just curious, are you a traditional Luciferianist or you belong to some modern Luciferianist like the one that was founded by La Vey?
And do Luciferianists realy believe in some sacrificial ritual?

jake6000

Thanks to everyone for your responses, I'll try to reply to them as best as I can.

DiabloNightcraft: Unsure about what? I am certain that I do not believe in God, or any other spiritual being (this is not to say that I don't believe in anything supernatural.) I am unsure, however, as to whether or not Enochian magic would be complementary or contradictory to Luciferianism.

Lawrence: Lucifer is not necessarily synonymous with Satan/The Devil, which is the reason why the term Luciferianism is used instead of Satanism. LaVey did not found a Luciferian philosophy, but instead a Satanist one. I am a "modern" Luciferian in that I am an atheist basing a philosophy on Lucifer as an archetype, but I do base my depiction of Lucifer off of the one viewed by Traditional Luciferians. I do not practice any sort of sacrificial rituals, and neither do any other Luciferians that I know of.

Thats true but as a satanist its admirable to watch the world burn rather than join the hypocrisy. Why fall into the trap of simply inverting the word of God to bring him down when we can be so much more than that. I've let people know quite often with cynnism my opinion of organised faith but its not up to us to change the minds of sheep. Well thats what i think anyway, you may think differently:eek:

Yes Darkendless:D

Thinking on to watch the world burn than follow babbling hypocrisy indeed!! Falling into that kind of trap yes the Satanist is much more. To watch those in organized religion telling what the True Satanist is!! I think it is quite funny but as you point out darkendless you cannot change a fanatic apart for one thing we both eat, breathe, etc... I do not have nothing but......!

To quote:-
Christians believe that pleasure is sinful! The Satanist hold that so-called Sin" is pleasurable!

All the balderdash about mainstream religion and the way they attack Satanism escapes me sometimes as they need Satanism in there lives so who is real Master and who is the Slave??

Regards

DiabloNightcraft

seraphimoflucifer

Seraphim Of The Most High
LaVey did not found a Luciferian philosophy, but instead a Satanist one. I am a "modern" Luciferian in that I am an atheist basing a philosophy on Lucifer as an archetype, but I do base my depiction of Lucifer off of the one viewed by Traditional Luciferians. I do not practice any sort of sacrificial rituals, and neither do any other Luciferians that I know of.

Jake, Lavey founded atheistic Satanism, satanic philosophies vary upon the person practicing. and I don’t wish to get into a big fuss over this but if you believe Lvcifer to be just an archetype why call yourself a Lvciferian. that’s just kind of seems like putting up a front to me why not just call yourself an atheist who admires Lvcifer ?

Please don’t take what I am saying offensively im just curious. I am not making an attempt to insult your intelligence because the majority of LHPers must posses intelligence to break away from the tyranny of the xtian church

[WURM]

SophiaSeeker
... why not just call yourself an atheist who admires Lvcifer ?

I struggled with this position too. I openly detest most religion and when researching satanism and then luciferianism, I've come to believe that my accepting of them in an atheistic approach makes them more philosophy than religion. With that said, I have always questioned why one should even use the lingo of such philosophies to muddy the waters of the already complex contemporary and modern era philosophy.

After graduating college I slightly departed the overly critical analytical form of philosophy which is widely practiced as the essential form of the university. My acceptance is like that of any continental philosophies (like Nietzsche for example). These arguments and symbols may or may not be absolute truths or even sound arguments but they are nonetheless guiding principles of life, a life that is itself finite like most peoples "truths".
So, for myself I see Lucifer as a meaningful representation of my personal philosophies and expect myself to venture forth into the atheistic aspects of it. Learning of the Crowley definition of Magick, which is widely used in the left hand path, I see both the theistic and non-theistic / material and non-material applications of it. By practicing Magick, in a atheistic sense, myself and this Jake, can better focus on our personal illumination.

So, really if you are an atheist that is drawn in by the dark, rebellious nature of such material it may be a great guiding symbolism for your life - i know it empowers me to some extent.

Hope that makes sense!

seraphimoflucifer

Seraphim Of The Most High
[WURM];1882891 said:
better focus on our personal illumination.

So, really if you are an atheist that is drawn in by the dark, rebellious nature of such material it may be a great guiding symbolism for your life - i know it empowers me to some extent.

I can see your perspective :coffee2: