• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucifer was no#2

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I have....for all of my life wondered.....

God would be FIRST in mind and heart
Someone had to be first

so Lucifer would be number TWO
God's Favored
Keeper of the Light

how about it?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Someone had to be first

God's Favored
Keeper of the Light

how about it?

agreed
with the understanding that lucifer was the 1st created and the other was the uncreated recreator

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
What exactly do you mean by Lucifer? It doesn't seem you are using it in the sense of 2 Peter 1:19. Or are you? If so, then yes, the rise of the morning star within your heart does occur second--#2 as you say.

2 Peter 1:19

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

19 So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Biblia Sacra Vulgata (Latin VULGATE)

19 et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris

SBL Greek New Testament (SBLGNT)

19 καὶ ἔχομεν βεβαιότερον τὸν προφητικὸν λόγον, ᾧ καλῶς ποιεῖτε προσέχοντες ὡς λύχνῳ φαίνοντι ἐν αὐχμηρῷ τόπῳ, ἕως οὗ ἡμέρα διαυγάσῃ καὶ φωσφόρος ἀνατείλῃ ἐν ταῖς καρδίαις ὑμῶν·

crossfire

Premium Member
agreed
with the understanding that lucifer was the 1st created and the other was the uncreated recreator
I thought Christ (Jesus) was the firstborn of creation? Colossians 1:15

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

Someone had to be first

God's Favored
Keeper of the Light

how about it?

I think you are just making stuff up. Like the whole religion, and now that you made this up, you'll convince yourself it must be true because you made it up.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I thought Christ (Jesus) was the firstborn of creation? Colossians 1:15
you are the light of the world, a city set on a hill cannot be hid.

Jesus said: I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Light

and

I AM the Light of the world

crossfire

Premium Member
you are the light of the world, a city set on a hill cannot be hid.

Jesus said: I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Light

and

I AM the Light of the world
I don't have a problem with Jesus being a Lucifer or Bodhisattva. (The Magi who were looking for a newborn king identified as Jesus sound very similar to how the Lamas look for their reborn spiritual leaders.)

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

Someone had to be first

God's Favored
Keeper of the Light

how about it?
Didn't you already post this question?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
What exactly do you mean by Lucifer? It doesn't seem you are using it in the sense of 2 Peter 1:19. Or are you? If so, then yes, the rise of the morning star within your heart does occur second--#2 as you say.

2 Peter 1:19

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

19 So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Biblia Sacra Vulgata (Latin VULGATE)

19 et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris

SBL Greek New Testament (SBLGNT)

19 καὶ ἔχομεν βεβαιότερον τὸν προφητικὸν λόγον, ᾧ καλῶς ποιεῖτε προσέχοντες ὡς λύχνῳ φαίνοντι ἐν αὐχμηρῷ τόπῳ, ἕως οὗ ἡμέρα διαυγάσῃ καὶ φωσφόρος ἀνατείλῃ ἐν ταῖς καρδίαις ὑμῶν·
You have to put all of this in order to understand. The Morning Star ideal is older than Christianity and Judaism. Associations between this Star and Messiahs, Kings, and what have you, came later through horribly translated texts and/or political-religious agendas.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
You have to put all of this in order to understand. The Morning Star ideal is older than Christianity and Judaism. Associations between this Star and Messiahs, Kings, and what have you, came later through horribly translated texts and/or political-religious agendas.
WTF, this was meant for OP

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student

Someone had to be first

God's Favored
Keeper of the Light

how about it?

Well, in the bible does it ever say that Lucifer was an Archangel that was created first and fell from grace becoming the devil?

crossfire

Premium Member
Well, in the bible does it ever say that Lucifer was an Archangel that was created first and fell from grace becoming the devil?
I think the part of being created first refers to Jesus in the Bible. While the Bible says Jesus did come to Earth, (fell from grace?) I don't think the Bible says Jesus became the devil. (Although the Bible mentions Jesus being tempted with political power by Satan while he was meditating in the wilderness after his baptism. I suppose he could have become a devil (evil politician-like the King of Babylon in Isaiah 14:12) if he had given in to the temptation.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

Someone had to be first

God's Favored
Keeper of the Light

how about it?
Even leaving off discussion of defining God and Lucifer, I disagree with your characterization that "Someone had to be first" and that someone was "God."

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Didn't you already post this question?
the other thread didn't mention Lucifer as the ....second.....in mind and heart

I brought it forward and posted as an op

as Someone had to be First
someone else had to be Second

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
the other thread didn't mention Lucifer as the ....second.....in mind and heart

I brought it forward and posted as an op

as Someone had to be First
someone else had to be Second
Ok then, my fault.
In any case, Lucifer was never #2 or anything within the Abrahamic Faiths, simply because Lucifer is not incorporated into the Abrahamic Faiths.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
you might want to consider......use your imagination

you become self aware
and then notice Someone beat you to it

you are not the First

such would be God's Favored

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think the part of being created first refers to Jesus in the Bible. While the Bible says Jesus did come to Earth, (fell from grace?) I don't think the Bible says Jesus became the devil. (Although the Bible mentions Jesus being tempted with political power by Satan while he was meditating in the wilderness after his baptism. I suppose he could have become a devil (evil politician-like the King of Babylon in Isaiah 14:12) if he had given in to the temptation.
that event did not happen in the book of John
if I'm not mistaken