• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucifer as depicted in media

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I am curious what left hand path folks think about how Lucifer or Satan is depicted in the media. Right now I love the tv show Lucifer, and as an ex-Christian, I am reveling in watching something I would have seen as "evil" before. I love his character. Just curious what other types of media are out there and if you see the depictions as good, bad, accurate, evil.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
He thinks he is cunning yet cannot organize a decent plan to win every peasants hearts, by doing a Robin Hood with all globalist money and give it to the 99.999% World poor.

He has had since 2008 to do this really simplistic win-win plan, yet he just has not got the balls to be a real man and do it.

Basically he is a coward working for Baal (a.k.a Yahweh, Allah, El)

Why does this sound like you're talking about the president?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
If that is true, then a mortal man shows more cunning that Lucifer. Even better when all the money is handed out free to jump start the New World economy.

Oh but there is a catch. To get a million free One World Order credits the person has to take the Mark of the Beast. Billions will sell their souls in seconds when that temptation occurs which is why the globalists have made everyone poor.

You have put a lot of thought into this. Do you have any book recommendations?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I am curious what left hand path folks think about how Lucifer or Satan is depicted in the media. Right now I love the tv show Lucifer, and as an ex-Christian, I am reveling in watching something I would have seen as "evil" before. I love his character. Just curious what other types of media are out there and if you see the depictions as good, bad, accurate, evil.

Horror show's the typical Dantes Inferno Devil
Comedies, The trickster
Comic Books The Hero Devil, Dantes Devil and my favorite The God/Devil where the Devil is just another face of god. Lucifer the TV show is loosely based on the DC version of Lucifer; whereas, Lucifer was the second most powerful person in the Universe and eventually created his own Universe which the only rule was to not worship anybody. Satan is marvel equivalent and he revealed to his son(a hero) that he was proud of him not subcomming to evil because his other face was that of God.

Comics are my favorite, they always put a twist into the Devil. The hero devil is always fighting his evil side. Dantes Devil always has a weakness usually a mortal. The God/Devil just makes sense to me and they usually have a great story line until the big reveal. Yes I love the Lucifer TV show to but I am worried how they will progress, eventually he is going to have to leave the Detective. I like the addition of the mother(Lilith) and the new CSI dectective.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I really can't speak about the media specifically, as I haven't had television for about 15 years, more or less.

In a general respect, representing Lucifer and Satan as the same is a gross fallacy, imo. Representing Lucifer as a single individual would also be a gross misrepresentation, as I see Lucifer as the principle of small realizations and understandings that can lead to the beginning of great transformations. Similarly, representing Satan as a single individual would also be a gross misrepresentation, as we can all unconsciously project that which we don't like about ourselves onto others in Jungian Shadow projection. {This principle of no single individual representing the archetype can also be seen in the Christian paradigm of there not being a single individual called Antichrist, but rather, there are many Antichrists. (1 John 2:18, 2 John 1:7) I personally see the spirit of Antichrist as a collective consciousness that has been infected/poisoned by greed, hatred, or delusion, that can infect several individuals all at once and overcome their minds to they do unchristian things like lie, steal, kill, harm others, persecute others, take other people's spouses, and tell others to do the same.}

Your mileage may vary.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I really can't speak about the media specifically, as I haven't had television for about 15 years, more or less.

Wow, I commend you! What are the pros/cons of this?

In a general respect, representing Lucifer and Satan as the same is a gross fallacy, imo. Representing Lucifer as a single individual would also be a gross misrepresentation, as I see Lucifer as the principle of small realizations and understandings that can lead to the beginning of great transformations. Similarly, representing Satan as a single individual would also be a gross misrepresentation, as we can all unconsciously project that which we don't like about ourselves onto others in Jungian Shadow projection. {This principle of no single individual representing the archetype can also be seen in the Christian paradigm of there not being a single individual called Antichrist, but rather, there are many Antichrists. (1 John 2:18, 2 John 1:7) I personally see the spirit of Antichrist as a collective consciousness that has been infected/poisoned by greed, hatred, or delusion, that can infect several individuals all at once and overcome their minds to they do unchristian things like lie, steal, kill, harm others, persecute others, take other people's spouses, and tell others to do the same.}

Your mileage may vary.

I like your view!