• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucid Dreaming

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I was wondering how many lucid dreamers we have here , and when you first realized that you had some control over your dreams ?

For me , it was when I was a child . don't recall the age , but I was quite young . I use to have dreams in which I was chased , quite often by a halloween type of witch . Broom and the works . :) Well , as we all know , when you have those dreams you can never run away , never seem to get make any head distance between you and the chaser . I noticed that one night . That no matter how hard I ran , she always stayed the same distance behind me . As I was thinking about this , I realized that I had slowed my pace , which scared the #*@^ out of me . :) But even in that moment of fear , I realized that she must had slowed to , as she had not gained on me . So I slowed more ... and she slowed . I ended up stooped , turned looking at her siting there on her broom . :) She had the strangest look on her face . As if she had no idea what to do now that I wasn't running . That was when I realized that I had some control over my dreams . It was also the last time I had any real nightmares , as after that I usually just changed the dream in some way if I didn't like it .

BTW YmirGF , I don't use my hands very often in dreams although I have at times . But I do see them if I use them , and can look at them if I want . I just find it hard to study them as there is always more interesting things happening . ;)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi kreeden,

I am a lucid dreamer (but it isn't voluntary, if it happens, it happens). I tend to spend most of my sleeptime in REM sleep (Fibromyalgia side effect), and therefore dream an waful lot. Sometimes it can be quite hard to separate the dreams frfom one another (As I am sure you have experienced, we have a tendency to make all of them into one amalgam).

Sometimes, in Lucid dreaming, I am incredibly in control (probably far more so than when I am awake:D ); one thing I noticed recently was that I dreamed of putting on a pair of black lace up shoes (that I keep meaning to use, because they need breaking-in). It was so incredibly 'reality-like' - I could actually feel my fet in the shoes, and I could feel the stiffness of the shoes, it was incredibly 'real'.;)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Hi Michel .

:) I hate it when I do things in dreams only to find out that they haven't happened upon waking . I once bought a beautiful classic car in a dream . Spent the whole of the next day looking for it . ;)

Do you recall when you started licud dreaming ? Or has it just happened over time ?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I 'resurected' this thread; I had another lucid dream last night.

Featuring noneless than Jayhawker! Somehow or other I was at the computer, on the forum, and there, next to me, was what I can only think was something like a dark black winter coat, with silvery stick on name stickers......I remember seeing quite a few of them on the coat, and I decided "Right, what is good for him is good enough for me".

So I started searching for one of those little plastic machines that spew out plastic tape with letters embossed. Half way through my search, I thought "How can I have seen hios coat in here when we are communicating on the Internet ?.....Ah! I am dreaming again..........

I can'r remember much after that...I 'd like to know what you did with that coat Jay!:biglaugh:

Bangbang

The first Lucid Dreams that i can recall were when I was about 12 years old. I have been involved with this activity ever since then and am now 54. I have had up tp 5 of them in one night. Woweeeeeeeeeeeee! I especially like the ones that involve my sister inlaw. :biglaugh:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
YmirGF said:
Sheesh, I couldn't say when I learned to manipulate dreamscapes. I really do not remember. I am still new to the concept of lucid dreaming however and in my own personal jargon LD's seem to be what I call SuperReal dreams. Again, I am still getting used to the concept.

My dreaming is focused in another direction entirely. My ongoing persuit is to bring normal everyday consciousness INTO the dreamscape. It is quite a stunning thing to do.

I do agree Kreeden, there is always a trigger. Something catches my attention that makes me think, "Oh, wait, I am dreaming." This in turn triggers a quite conscious auto-suggestion to become awake within the dream.

Ahh, the "find your hands thing". I have played with that one, but only to the extent that I finally was successful. The suggestion to find your hands, while in a dream, is really just the trigger. There isn't anything to see one's hands hehe. It is what is intended beyond that realization. Again, it is a simple trigger to leapfrog from.

Just out of interest, how many dreams can you recall in the morning, and, when you wake up, do you feel refreshed ?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
YmirGF said:
I almost always remember some dreams or fragments at least. The exception to this is when I have gone for a very long time without sleep (36-72 hours). During those periods, when I do manage to catch a few hours of rest. It is just blank. No dream are recalled. I almost always awaken quite refreshed. Guess my inner battery does not need much charging. :bonk:

I was just wondering whether you spend a lot of time in REM sleep..........it sounds as if you don't.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Are you talking about lucid dreaming Bangbang ? Or lewd dreaming ? :)

Personally I don't recall that many dreams when I awake . Which is likely a good thing considering how much I dream .

Bangbang

kreeden said:
Are you talking about lucid dreaming Bangbang ? Or lewd dreaming ? :)

Personally I don't recall that many dreams when I awake . Which is likely a good thing considering how much I dream .

Yep....you probably don't remember exposing yourself.:biglaugh: I hate it when I do that. I find myself walking around with my pants off. Ughhhhhh!

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
No . Actually I walk around without my pants more when I'm awake then asleep . I can be a very active sleeper , but I do not sleep walk much .

Sorry , but we don't appear to be addressing your dream much Michel . Do you feel that there was a reason for Jaywalker to visit your dream ? Could it have just been a debate that you were still thinking about ?