• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucid Dreaming

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Most of my dreams are lucid dreams.
When it hsppens I know I can do anything in a dream. Even flying.
And in fact I have flown many times in those dreams...seeing the city from above.
Sometimes I cannot land...and that is painful...so I try to wake up.
Trying to wake up is not that easy.

I think it is just happens ....I have never wanted to have a lucid dream. I think one has to be a imaginative, creative person.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I can lucid dream and have not ever really tried making it happen. It seems to come from taking an active interest in one's dreams and writing them or telling them to others. Women tend to do this more than men, for some reason.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Can you recommend literature
or exercises, specific methods etc.?
Lucid Dreaming

I just saw a movie. The child had scary nightmares about the boogeyman

She asked a woman who was into natural remedies what to do

The woman told her "I want you to NOT think of fluffy cats"
And repeat that for 10 minutes before you fall asleep

Next day she met the woman again, and when asked how she had slept
She replied, I am sorry I dreamed ALL night about fluffy cats:confused:

But, I did not dream about the boogeyman:D

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Does anybody here have experiences with lucid dreaming?

How do you go about it? What have you learned?

Lucid dream - Wikipedia

I have Lucid dream occasionally, they are nothing special IMO.

What have I learned? My subconscious is ****ing weird.

Best method, practice meditation. Focusing ones attention allows one to start to do that process while sleeping as well.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I have some pretty vivid lucid dreams from time to time.

I had one recently that just completely blew my socks off: In the dream I spent some time walking around and some time riding on a bus and I kept looking at everything and thinking to myself, "My God, my mind is creating all of this, this whole complete world, down to the most minute detail".

One funny aspect is that I kept freaking out because I realized I didn't have my wallet or my phone, and I had to keep reminding myself, "They're still there next to your bed in that other place", the "other place" being the real world. For some reason I couldn't remember what to call the real, waking world, or even the concept of waking up for that matter.

Also remember reminding myself that I didn't need them (my phone and my wallet) in this place anyway.

Another strange aspect is that things seemed to be in sharper focus in my dream world. Colors were more vivid. Everything was exceptionally beautiful.

Another weird thing is that all the people that I saw in the course of my dream were male, and at one point it occurred to me, "This is my world, I'm creating all this. I should be able to create anything I want here. Let's see if I can create a few women".

I couldn't. :p Even though my mind was creating everything I didn't have any control over any of it. I was just going along for the ride.

Have to say it was every bit as real as the real world. More so in some ways: as I mentioned, visually everything seemed sharper, more "real".I could also feel things physically (not sure if my sense of smell was working there. I'll have to test that out next time)

All in all it was a really cool experience.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Does anybody here have experiences with lucid dreaming?

How do you go about it? What have you learned?

Lucid dream - Wikipedia

In one of his books, Carlos Castaneda has his main character, a Mexican /Indian shaman named Don Juan, giving instructions on how to dream lucidly.

He tells his pupil that before he goes to sleep, he should give himself instructions to make a point of looking at his hands in his dreams.

I don't completely remember what the concept behind this was about, but I think it has something to do with the idea that if you're dreaming self remembers an instruction from your waking self, you'll suddenly realize that you're dreaming and you can go from there.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I love lucid dreams. Walking mindfulness meditation helps to trigger them. With mindful walking, the goal is to know you are actually walking when you are walking. If you make a habit of walking mindfully, then you will recognize when you aren't actually walking--you are dreaming. Your conscious mind is in your unconscious realm--use the opportunity to listen to your unconscious mind for a deeper understanding of yourself.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't often remember my dreams except one, the one i long to forget. It seems real, i feel every sensation, every pain, i cannot control it and always wake up screaming