• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucid dreaming.

Frank Goad

Is lucid dreaming from the devil?I just to do it.But stopped because i heard it was of the devil.I want to know what the bible says about lucid dreaming.:)

MonkeyFire

I'm a moral day walker lucid telepath, as to a neurotrancer who is totally evil. I can make light and pleasure.

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
Why should lucid dreaming be from the devil? Who told you this and what is their support for that idea? Dreams appear in a number of places in the Bible, but from what I can see, the dreamer is never aware he is dreaming.

Frank Goad

I would have just looked up what the bible says about lucid dreaming on my own.But i might not have looked at what i read unbiasedly.Because i just to be into the wrong side of the supernatural.And i think reading on my own might let the devil tempt me back into it.

MonkeyFire

I would have just looked up what the bible says about lucid dreaming on my own.But i might not have looked at what i read unbiasedly.Because i just to be into the wrong side of the supernatural.And i think reading on my own might let the devil tempt me back into it.

Would you allow yourself to be ruled by the demonic angel of suffering which there is nothing better nor worse than in all of hell?

Frank Goad

Your right MonkeyFire.That is why i have decided to stop lucid dreaming on my own.And pray my heart out.Night and day to God for God to give me a lucid dream.:)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Is lucid dreaming from the devil?I just to do it.But stopped because i heard it was of the devil.I want to know what the bible says about lucid dreaming.:)

How did you get lucid dreaming and the bible together?

The bible isnt a medical book. I assume, well know, the science in the bible isnt update-to-date-westernized as now. Come on. Even generational gaps have extreme differences.

How do they connect?

Curious George

Veteran Member
So tge vast majority of mu dreams are lucid. I do not think it is possible to stop. Either you are aware that you are sleeping or you are not. If you are aware, you can not be like, "ok, I am going to stop being aware now."

Frank Goad

I just opened up the king james version of the bible and got this:

Jeremiah 27:9 Therefore hearken not ye to your prophets, nor to your diviners, nor to your dreamers, nor to your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers, which speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon.

It says dreamers.That sounds like lucid dreaming to me.But i could have just read it wrong.

Also in jeremiah 29:8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.

How i read it.It says not to do lucid dreaming by inducing it.

What do you guys think of all this?

Earthling

David Henson

The dreaming that the Bible condemns is false dreaming. Deuteronomy 13:1-5, Jeremiah 23:25-32 Jeremiah 27:9-10 Zechariah 10:2 Jude 1:8 It basically has to do with false prophecy. People saying that a dream was given by God when it wasn't. How do you tell the difference? God's purpose is reflected in his dreams. The dream from God is in harmony with God's purpose, will, etc. There being no prophets needed in these times the dream claimed to be from God would be false.

What is lucid dreaming though? When you are aware that you are dreaming and try to control it? Being in a state of semi-consciousness could be a spiritual danger. I don't know. I would research what lucid dreaming is and then take it from there.