• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucia di Lammermoor - the missing mad scene

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
We have just returned from seeing most of the Met/HD's encore simulcast of Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor featuring a brilliant collection of vocal talent including, first and foremost, Nadine Sierra. The final Act of Lucia features The Mad Scene (Eccola!), which has become the subject of a good deal of commentary and acclaim. Seeing and hearing Sierra perform this Aria promised to be special. But then ...

... just before the mad scene began, we found ourselves being ushered to the nearby restrooms in response to a tornado warning. And that was the end of this opera experience. Talk about being mad!
For those interested: Dame Joan Sutherland - 'Eccola!'

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
We have just returned from seeing most of the Met/HD's encore simulcast of Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor featuring a brilliant collection of vocal talent including, first and foremost, Nadine Sierra. The final Act of Lucia features The Mad Scene (Eccola!), which has become the subject of a good deal of commentary and acclaim. Seeing and hearing Sierra perform this Aria promised to be special. But then ...

... just before the mad scene began, we found ourselves being ushered to the nearby restrooms in response to a tornado warning. And that was the end of this opera experience. Talk about being mad!
For those interested: Dame Joan Sutherland - 'Eccola!'
Ha, very funny. Hope no one was hurt. Never know when something will come up.
I was just watching an interview with Lesley Stahl and Jonas Kaufman. I loved his views, especially since I was trained as a singer. Very instructive and helpful. Where did you see this, in a theater, I suppose. So going back to your experience, what exactly happened? Are they giving you a refund or replay?
Oops, sorry it was not Lesley Stahl it was Norah O'Donnell on 60 minutes. If you get a chance to see it on youtube or something, it's worth listening to.

Last edited:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
@Jayhawker Soule -

I often look forward to learning something from you, usually a fresh perspective. Today I learned something new and unexpected…..

RF has a theatre subforum!!

YoursTrue

They kindly gave us vouchers. Sadly, the opportunity to experience Nadine Sierra in this particular opera may not come again any time soon.
I will look for her on youtube if she has any videos. Thanks for the thought. When I was younger I would go to the old Metropolitan Opera House in NYC and stand on line for the "standee" tickets...cheap. What I could afford as a student and poor girl, but wanting to see the opera. What a treat that was!

YoursTrue

They kindly gave us vouchers. Sadly, the opportunity to experience Nadine Sierra in this particular opera may not come again any time soon.
Don't you think they recorded it? But as you say, it probably won't be any time soon. :-( Oh well -- I gotta say this -- there is always the future. :)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Don't you think they recorded it? But as you say, it probably won't be any time soon. :-( Oh well -- I gotta say this -- there is always the future. :)
Last year theaters were offering reruns of Met/HD simulcasts later in the year. This season's final Met/HD offering (Hamlet) is scheduled for June 4th, so perhaps sometime a few months thereafter.