• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Loving-kindness practice from Lama Surya Das

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow Buddha enthusiasts!

Lama Das has written quite a few popular books all about Buddhist practice - well worth checking out IMHO.

For a little taste, try this meditation -

Metta (maitri) is the practice of loving-kindness meditation and friendliness taught by the Buddha approximately 2,600 years ago. It is an important component of the Buddhist wisdom teachings and their daily practice as applied in life. I have taken the basic sacred phrases from the Metta Sutra (Loving-kindness Scripture) and added many of my own over the years as they come up for me in my own prayer and chant life; you are welcome to do the same.

Repeat them with loving attention at the conclusion of your daily meditation, or at any time you wish–in your car, walking, washing dishes, making the bed, or anyplace, anytime. The essence of loving-kindness is WOW, wishing others well. This can be applied at every single encounter, and is the discreet Bodhisattva’s way of blessing and cherishing every single sentient being, day to day, moment to moment, whoever you may encounter along the path.

Read the rest of this meditation here -

My Metta Practice ‹ Lama Surya Das

:)