• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Loving hated music

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
What bands do you love (and what genre is it) that most of your friends, family and partner cant stand?

For me its..

- Otep (metal)
- Five Finger Death Punch (metal)
- Killswitch Engage (metal)
- Eminem (rap)
- Xavier Rudd (not sure what genre this comes under)

Heim

There's this passage in the opera Akhnaten by Philip Glass that my mother can't stand. :D

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
My mums friend wanted me to show him who five finger death punch was. The look on everyones (but his) face was priceless. My gf was saying THANK GOD once it ended.

Similar thing happened when I drove my mom to the store and Slayer is playing from my MP3 which was plugged into the radio.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Since the 70s, it's the Bee Gees. The only f members who didn't hate the Bee Gees in my family were my stepfather and now my daughter. Not all the Bee Gees songs were sung in falsetto, but that is all anyone knows.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
One of my friends really doesn't like metalcore at all. She also doesn't like Eminem. We fight about it sometimes. But we have similar taste in music, at least when it comes to goth, synthpop, new wave, black metal and some death metal.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
What bands do you love (and what genre is it) that most of your friends, family and partner cant stand?

For me its..

- Otep (metal)
- Five Finger Death Punch (metal)
- Killswitch Engage (metal)
- Eminem (rap)
- Xavier Rudd (not sure what genre this comes under)

Which one of these doesn't belong? I love that game.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Yoko Ono, I love a lot of her music but no one I know feels the same.:(
I actually like Yoko Ono's style a lot (60's Avante Garde).

She was only hated by the public for 'breaking up the Beatles', but that happened between George's wife (Patti) and Eric Clapton, as well as differing attitudes towards the music they each wished to see the Beatles play.

Each member wanted to all try it solo for a while to express themselves and mature into the music of that time individually and personally.

There were also quite a few management rows with Phil (Spector), money/tax problems, and just those things that come with 'being the Beatles for too long'. They wanted to quit while they were still 'ahead' and before all the s*** hit the fan. They made a wise call.

There's no doubt that Yoko was disliked by Paul and Ringo (mostly by Paul) and resented her presence during their recording sessions (actually, they resented anybody's presence during recording sessions), and just tolerated the occasional 'visit', but John and Yoko were 'joined at the hip' and she became a major distraction, when they were trying to lay tracks down. I didn't blame them for feeling that way, it was totally understandable.

So, all of the above led to the break up of the Beatles, but Yoko was only a very minor, annoying contribution.

Now, let me post all my individual most favourite songs, by each of the Beatles individually (when they each went solo). I shall start with Yoko Ono though (seeing as how I am taking about her in reply to you), then, go on to John, Paul, George and Ringo.

You can see their different 'styles' which made them all decide to 'go it alone' and why the Beatles actually broke up...so, are you ready for it?:

Yoko Ono:

[youtube]KpCeY15dPZ0[/youtube]
Yoko Ono - Hard Times Are Over (Double Fantasy: Stripped Down) - YouTube

John Lennon:

[youtube]K8poht52GAs[/youtube]
John Lennon-#9 Dream-Offical Video-HQ - YouTube

Paul McCartney:

[youtube]vx5QxoWCG-I[/youtube]
Paul McCartney & Wings - My Love [High Quality] - YouTube

George Harrison:

[youtube]86PGnk9jK84[/youtube]
LIFE ITSELF George Harrison - YouTube

Ringo Starr:

[youtube]t6CMSuT98-E[/youtube]
Ringo Starr-Photograph - YouTube

Now you can all see the individual genius that came together as the 'Fab 4' and how their individual styles influenced the Beatles...but hey, I am gonna go and make a new thread about this now. lol

Saying I don't like rap because I am a ***** is redundant because that type of music is often known to embody in media the black negative stereotypical image, I am not a Huey Newton man no (he was the leader of the Black Panther Party) however I do agree with what he says about the negative black perpetuated image which he voiced in his literature in the 60s, I don't like politics at all but I tell you since you keep going on about nothing I will tell you know nothing about ''my so called brother'' it was that dislike of negative perpetuation which caused the BPP clashed with Frank Lucas in the 60s so don't be telling me I am a pedjeo because of your scene, and here's one for you what about reverse racism non black rapper who don't like blacks sing rap, hate to say I told you so, for me it is a matter of music the singe about religion and yes I have been known to favour the fanatical extremist and no I am not a Muslim

Attachments

• bbuugakloo.jpg
    bbuugakloo.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 66