• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lover's Sorrow

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
There was a programme on UK radio in the 1970s with this title, and which consisted of Chinese traditional instrumental music interspersed with some poetry - the former performed I believe by the Hong Kong Chinese Music Orchestra. I recorded this on cassette at the time and have not come across much similar apart from one or two pieces. The first is I believe the title piece used and some of the others might have been performed too. Won't appeal to all no doubt but I loved it. Eventually I might have to pass the cassette through Audacity, post the result, and perhaps get names for the pieces. Shame it hasn't been repeated by the BBC. :(

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
And I think they finished with this traditional piece - at about the same tempo as this: