• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

~*~love~*~

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Are there different kinds of love? Different degrees of love? Or maybe stages of love? What are all the facets of love, if there are even any? Or is love just... love?

*edit* just in case anyone is wondering... NO I am not falling for anyone or having love issues. I personally think that "love" is the product of Cupids deranged evil twin. Even if the cute little cherub Cupid is all bundles of love, I still don't like him cause obviously his twin kicked his behind and tainted his arrows.;)

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Are there different kinds of love? Different degrees of love? Or maybe stages of love? What are all the facets of love, if there are even any? Or is love just... love?

Yes and no....

I love my mother, I love my sister, I loved she that was my wife, I love my friends, I love my cats, I love she who will be my wife someday....

Would I call these different degrees of love? I suppose I could. For I love them all in a different way... yet, I love them all the same. As I'd love any other whom I do not know. Do I love them the same way? Yes and no.

I would gladly lay down my life for any other, regardless of who it is..... so it makes it the same.

YET! I love music, I love my apartment, I love having a car, I love my job, I love nature, etc...

Do I view that as the same? NO! So, I guess there are different types of love. I can do without the material stuff.... and I would not lay down my life for my car, apartment, etc....

So depending on how you view "love", I could agree or disagree....

To value what one has is not the same as to value another.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member

I used to think there different degrees of love but now I believe that there is one love:LOVE.
I believe that romantic love is combination of attraction and love.
I believe that the "love" of inanimate objects is enjoyment of something and not actual love, although I could be in error.
Other types of love like fraternal, parental, parent/child, friendship, etc are just love in different intensities.

John_672

Omnitheist
Why must you and yur little birdie be all cryptic? eh? you're not a very lovey-dovey person are ya? shame on ya! and ur lil birdie too!

:D

Ah! You want the extra long version, don't you? I am a fairly loving person... just need to ask my wife.

Yes, there are different kinds of love. Yes, there are different degrees of love. Yes there are different stages of love, Yes, there are different facets of love. Yes, love is just love. Love is like a glass decanter - it takes on the hue of the liquid that fills it. In the case of Love, the liquid that fills it is your own experiences, situation, thoughts, and dreams as well the subject of that love. These give a "tint" to your love. As you change or the subject of your love changes, that tint may change - but love remains the same.

... and please don't shame my little birdie unless you're willing to pay my sex therapist's bills. :D

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Yes, love is just love. Love is like a glass decanter - it takes on the hue of the liquid that fills it. In the case of Love, the liquid that fills it is your own experiences, situation, thoughts, and dreams as well the subject of that love. These give a "tint" to your love. As you change or the subject of your love changes, that tint may change - but love remains the same.

Awwwww.... see!! That was really cool! I really like that. I had a funny feeling that you were holding back something good. It was my female omnipotent wisdom.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I think that all love comes from one place...the Spirit; however, it is expressed differently depending on the different relationships we have with others. We might love some more than others, hence we love some people to a greater degree than others.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
You know, there's so much I could possibly write about this, but I don't really have the time for it right now - maybe you could remind me at a later stage when you see me on.