• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOVE

Tmac

Sure, but you seemed to be implying that love is something that is other than emotions......that is what i was asking.

I understood your question Milton and I thought I answered it but seeing as how you didn't show me where my answer didn't satisfy your question suppose we start at the beginning. (I do have one question though, are you hoping I am right or just trying to prove me wrong?)

As per my original post,

Love in its simplest state: that which affects one to give of themselves. It is not an emotion but when emotion (positive or negative) is attached we are taught to call it love or hate. (Just to be clear, I'm not implying, I'm stating)

And the example we can use is this dialogue, what is the force behind it, we don't know each other so I think emotion can safely be ruled out. Now I put forth my thoughts because I believe it to be true, not because of any emotion but because the thought has substance. Now you read my words and you don't understand my thought so you ask for more, I supply and all you do is repeat your original question. Suppose you show me your thought on love.

Milton Platt

I understood your question Milton and I thought I answered it but seeing as how you didn't show me where my answer didn't satisfy your question suppose we start at the beginning. (I do have one question though, are you hoping I am right or just trying to prove me wrong?)

As per my original post,

Love in its simplest state: that which affects one to give of themselves. It is not an emotion but when emotion (positive or negative) is attached we are taught to call it love or hate. (Just to be clear, I'm not implying, I'm stating)

And the example we can use is this dialogue, what is the force behind it, we don't know each other so I think emotion can safely be ruled out. Now I put forth my thoughts because I believe it to be true, not because of any emotion but because the thought has substance. Now you read my words and you don't understand my thought so you ask for more, I supply and all you do is repeat your original question. Suppose you show me your thought on love.

I am skeptical of your claims, but certainly willing to listen to your evidence for those claims. Can you give any examples of an act of love occurring in which the act was completely devoid of emotion?

Tmac

I am skeptical of your claims, but certainly willing to listen to your evidence for those claims. Can you give any examples of an act of love occurring in which the act was completely devoid of emotion?

I have given you an example but either you have chosen to ignore it or you didn't appreciate it or there could be another reason.

I noticed that you state Atheism as your religion, how did you come to be one, I don't think I've every known one that was born one, I know we are all total virgins when we are born, everything is learning after that.

You do realize that you do have an idea of love that might be preventing you from seeing my point perhaps if you were to identify the sticking point it would hasten this exercise.