• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Is Love innate?

No. We learn it. That's why many of us are appreciative because our experiences and upbringing may have taught us how to be grateful for what we have and who we know. It's part of human growth. If one was born and had no human contact, how would he define love outside of survival and a need to fulfill psychological trauma of isolation?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No. We learn it. That's why many of us are appreciative because our experiences and upbringing may have taught us how to be grateful for what we have and who we know. It's part of human growth. If one was born and had no human contact, how would he define love outside of survival and a need to fulfill psychological trauma of isolation?

without human contact physical and psychological maturity ceases. babies have actually died from lack of physical contact.

maternal deprivation

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I consider narcissism not a type of love. So this analysis works not for me.

you don't believe that someone should have a level of love for self?

narcissistic personality disorder is a disorder based on a "disproportionate" love of self.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
so the Law to Love excludes self? the Golden Rule doesn't apply to self?
Narcissism is not the same as loving oneself. Narcissism is selfish love that makes one think he is better than others.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Narcissism is not the same as loving oneself. Narcissism is selfish love that makes one think he is better than others.

that is narcissitic personality disorder.

Kernberg was the first to point out that there can be a pathological form of narcissism which we now call Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Even though people may meet the criteria for this diagnosis, however, they show the symptoms in differing degrees.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
not that is narcissitic personality disorder.

Kernberg was the first to point out that there can be a pathological form of narcissism which we now call Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Even though people may meet the criteria for this diagnosis, however, they show the symptoms in differing degrees.
I still think the word is misleading. I would call it love for self, which of course I believe a person should have.