• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love your neighborhood Jew as yourself

Faithofchristian

Ha! That's what the New Testament says, then why would the woman reply that even dogs eat the crumbs of their masters? Were they making light conversation about pets? lol Jesus called the Gentile a dog.

You can't be serious.
You should read it again.

Jesus wasn't calling her or anyone else a dog. Where do people come up with things so silly. Get real

All it was is a figure of speech. Such as a Metaphor--- a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money) broadly : figurative language — compare simile.
  • Figure of speech of words, language, etc. : used with a meaning that is different from the basic meaning and that expresses an idea in an interesting way by using language that usually describes something else : (not literal )
What Jesus was saying was not literal, but a figure of speech such as a Metaphor.

Also metaphoric: A Figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in "a sea of troubles" or "All the world's a stage"

Therefore what Jesus saying was just a figure of speech a Metaphor, not to be taken literal.

Audie

Veteran Member
You can't be serious.
You should read it again.

Jesus wasn't calling her or anyone else a dog. Where do people come up with things so silly. Get real

All it was is a figure of speech. Such as a Metaphor--- a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money) broadly : figurative language — compare simile.
  • Figure of speech of words, language, etc. : used with a meaning that is different from the basic meaning and that expresses an idea in an interesting way by using language that usually describes something else : (not literal )
What Jesus was saying was not literal, but a figure of speech such as a Metaphor.

Also metaphoric: A Figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in "a sea of troubles" or "All the world's a stage"

Therefore what Jesus saying was just a figure of speech a Metaphor, not to be taken literal.

That is the most ridiculous excuse I ever heard.

rrobs

The entire New Testament goes against Gd and the Bible, Christianity became the Jews longest enduring and most deadliest of all oppressors, it teaches humans to worship another human and without accepting that deadman Hell is your destination, all that is heretical blasphemy.
I usually try to quote at least a verse or two in my posts. One of reasons I do that is to inform the reader of my source document. I never insist that anybody believe anything I write. I try to avoid making broad statements without documentation. Those who read may consider my posts as a fantasy, fairy tale, diatribe, whore mongering, or anything they can dream and that is just fine. Of course there are those who probably recognize it as truth. I'm certainly glad I can bless a brother or sister, but if I'm called any number of unprintable names for quoting the scriptures, I say a prayer for that person and move on.

I find your statement that all of the NT goes against God and the Bible intriguing (really, all your statements). Is that your own idea or did you learn it somewhere else. If somewhere else, where? It'd be interested in seeing any evidence that the NT is bogus.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Do you actually think that Hitler was a Christian?
No. Hitler was no a Christian. But he could not have done what he did without the consent, complacency, and cooperation of European Christian steeped in anti-Semitic thinking. Denmark was the only country that fought back.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
No, you assume that what I'm saying is not what I'm saying.
I do not believe so, because you are minimalizing the horrific human disaster of over 11,000,000 Jews and Gypsies and other undesirables.

There were thousands of Jewish villages, and ghettos in the cities found empty after the war and no one returned.

IndigoChild5559

To answer your question --> ( How is it that these days, when so many Christians are Israel's best ally, that we still have Christians openly insulting Jews? And to twist the knife, the Bible gets used as the excuse!)

Because those Christians can not tell or don't know the difference between a real Jew and a fake Jew. So the Christian group the Jews all into one group.
By Not knowing Who's, who

That's the same with Christians, people can not tell or don't know the difference between a real Christian and the fake Christian. So people group the Christians all into one group.
By Not knowing Who's, who

Back in the days of Christ Jesus and it's the same to day, There are two types of Jews in Israel, one being the false Jew of Israel and the other being the true Jew of Israel.
But as it is, There are those Christians that haven't a clue or idea, of Who's, who

So those Christians intend to group the false Jew and the real Jew into one group.

Let's look at what Jesus said in speaking to these false Jew's.

In the book of John 8:39 --"They answered and said unto him. This being the false Jew's speaking to Jesus.

"They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father, Jesus said unto them, If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham"

Notice Jesus said here ( If you were) meaning they are not Abraham's children.

Verse 40--"But now you seek to kill me, a man that has told you the truth, which I have heard of God, this did not Abraham"

Verse 41--"You do the deeds of your father, Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication, We have one Father, even God"

Verse 42--"Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, You would love me, for I proceeded forth and came from God, neither came I of myself, but he sent me"

Notice here also ( If God were) meaning God is not their Father.

Verse 43--"Why do you not understand my speech?, Even because you can not hear my word"

Verse 44--"You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do,
he was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him, When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own, for he is a liar, and the father of it"

So here we find Jesus telling these false Jew's who their father is the devil.

Notice Jesus also said
( he was murderer from the beginning)
If you go back to the book of Genesis 4:8, That Cain killed his brother Able, This being the first murder. That Jesus is talking about
( he was murderer from the beginning)
So Jesus pointing to who these false Jew's that Cain and the devil as being their father.and the works of their father, will they do.
Will these false Jew's fulfilled What Jesus told them, by killing Jesus on the cross.

Romans 9:6--"Not as though the word of God has taken none effect, For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel"

Therefore there are two groups of Jews in Israel. One being the true Jew of Israel and one being the false Jew of Israel.
But Who's, who? In Israel?
But Who's, who in Chrisianity ?
You are playing word games. We can sit here and talk all day long about what God wants from me as a Jew, and how I might fall short. But the truth is that even if I sin, I'm still a Jew -- I'm just a sinful Jew who needs to repent and return to God's ways.

A Jew is the child of a Jewish mom, or someone who has been halakhically converted.

But a person is anti-Semitic if they make remarks that are anti-Semitic even if they don't have a clear idea what makes a person a Jew.

Audie

Veteran Member
You are playing word games. We can sit here and talk all day long about what God wants from me as a Jew, and how I might fall short. But the truth is that even if I sin, I'm still a Jew -- I'm just a sinful Jew who needs to repent and return to God's ways.

A Jew is the child of a Jewish mom, or someone who has been halakhically converted.

But a person is anti-Semitic if they make remarks that are anti-Semitic even if they don't have a clear idea what makes a person a Jew.

People who've been the object of white angle-sax
Christian bigotry are real good at recognizing it.

We dont have to go looking, it finds us.

IndigoChild5559

What you practice is what you are. If a Christian isn’t living by the definition, then they aren’t Christians.
Christianity isn't a religion of orthopraxy, but rather a religion of orthodoxy--in other words a Christian is defined by what they believe, not by what they do.

And it seems evident that such an issue of falsehood isn’t just in the Christian faith but also in the Jewish religion.
Being a Jew, I know a thing or two about Judaism. A person is a Jew if their mom is a Jew or if they were halakhically converted. It is a tribal status -- it means they are part of a people. If a Jew behaves badly, it means he is a sinful Jew who needs to repent. If he is an Atheist, it means he is a heretic Jew who needs to repent. But he is still a Jew. It is quite irrelevant what the Christian scriptures may say about Jewish status or what this Gentile or that Gentile may say. The hard fact is that we Jews get to decide what makes a -person a Jew. This is encoded in our Torah, when God gave authority to us to determine such things.

I can not speak for the false Christians
Are we doing the No True Scotsman fallacy here?

The love of God is there for anyone to know. We don't have to be Christians to experience it. Having just come through Yom Kippur, I am floored by God's, love, mercy, and forgiveness.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Have you ever talked to Christian about some of the things they are called or accused of? Gullible, simple, illiterate, stupid, are just a few of the less nasty things I'm regularly called.
Actually yes, I'm familiar with the unfair stereotyping of Christians. And I'm also familiar with what Christians are going through in other parts of the world such as China and Islamic countries. Just as Jews are the most persecuted ethnicity, Christians are the most persecuted religion in the world today (even though it's dominant religion in my own country).

As for the Crusades, the Catholic Church was the ONLY expression of Christianity in the west at that time, so yes, all western Christians do shoulder the blame for that. I find that too many Protestants/Evangelicals just want to pretend that after the Apostles they can fast forward to the Reformation and pretend like everything in between was really not Christianity. It's a little dishonest.

I also understand what you mean by individual verses group guilt. There is a genuine point there. However, it i not absolute. When Achan hid the foreign gold under his tent, ALL the people became ill. God didn't say that Achan had sinned. God said ISRAEL had sinned. Let me give another example. Even though I have never owned a slave, even though I was born after WWII, even though I admire and emulate Native Americans, I feel shame and believe I share some of the blame for American Black slavery, Japanese internment, and the atrocities we committed (and still commit) against the Native Americans.
I don't know if you believe the Gospels or not, but either way this is not bad advice. Instead of getting upset, pray for those who persecute you. Maybe that way at least that person may change their attitude one of these days, thereby making the world a little brighter. Take care...
I don't accept the Gospels as the authoritative word of God. But I do read them the same way I might read the Upanishads or the Quran, meaning that even though I think there are things i them that are untrue, I find wisdom in them as well. The gospels in particular are extremely Jewish--you take away Jesus' claims to be the messiah, and what you have is a Jew teaching Torah.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Even from the Christian/New Testament Perspective, your conconclusion was unwarrented. Again, what exactly do you think the Mosaic covenant is? I suspect you may have a misunderstanding in there somewhere.
The Blessed Apostle Paul, says the 'added laws' are a curse, even not a Covenant unto Israel!

Paul says, the added laws, are a curse upon Jerusalem, from another nation.

So,
there is different context, here, do you not presume?

However, you can explain what Mosaic law, means to you, or such.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Galatians 3:20

The law was not given by G'd, rather it was given by "angels", through a mediator.

This verse means, a mediator, and angels, aren't G'd, giving the law.

Therefore the law isn't a Covenant, in the same way, that the Abraham Covenant, is.