• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love things the way they are

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The part about loving sickness, loving the past just the way it is, loving whatever happens in the present, is about loving things the way they are rather than being attached to a desire for change . if you can't change certain things, it makes sense to love them and feel genuine Joy about them.

yesterday I went to an AA meeting feeling bad about rejection and there was a woman weeping about her children rejecting her though she tried to be the best mother possible. I would not have known what this woman was going through had I not been going through rejection. It allowed me to feel her pain and the pain of others who are carrying the cross.

What is the better alternative? Let them drag you down? Yes, we should make change when change is possible, but we should be happy about and accept the things we cannot change and it's even better if we love those things and love the humiliation they caused us to be more humble and share in the suffering of others.

St. Dominic would tell his flock to pray for the grace to love suffering. I can see why that Grace is necessary to be happy to the fullest extent in a life where suffering is inevitable.

loving suffering sounds stupid, but might be the key to truly experiencing the fullest degree of happiness in this life.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Unless change is possible or realistically attainable, seek it not.

If memories or desires are still causing you pain, it is because you are still attached to them and will not let go.

When the pain or anxiety related to the event is gone, then you know you have let go and are properly coping

Last edited by a moderator:

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you
The part about loving sickness, loving the past just the way it is, loving whatever happens in the present, is about loving things the way they are rather than being attached to a desire for change . if you can't change certain things, it makes sense to love them and feel genuine Joy about them.

yesterday I went to an AA meeting feeling bad about rejection and there was a woman weeping about her children rejecting her though she tried to be the best mother possible. I would not have known what this woman was going through had I not been going through rejection. It allowed me to feel her pain and the pain of others who are carrying the cross.

What is the better alternative? Let them drag you down? Yes, we should make change when change is possible, but we should be happy about and accept the things we cannot change and it's even better if we love those things and love the humiliation they caused us to be more humble and share in the suffering of others.

St. Dominic would tell his flock to pray for the grace to love suffering. I can see why that Grace is necessary to be happy to the fullest extent in a life where suffering is inevitable.

loving suffering sounds stupid, but might be the key to truly experiencing the fullest degree of happiness in this life.

Good view, I like it. Embrace it all, even if it requires people throwing stones at you. Nothing is here for the sake of it, suffering is happiness. Happiness is suffering. Everything is an opportunity. Humiliation is character-building and a tolerance strengthener. Some people call things "oppression" and "bigotry", others call it caring and justice. Life is no one or other thing. Everything is to grow you into your perfect self.

Good work Popeadope :)