• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love the sinner hate the sin?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Victor said:
I would personally not waist my time with something like that. I was thinking of more day to day type of struggles, like drug addictions, etc.
Drug addiction is something that is bad for the person, I would try and help someone help themselves, NOT because it's a sin, but because it can destroy you. Try something else... like re-marrying.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Here's food for thought, all you who claim been a homosexual is a sin, have you ever thought God put them here to see what we would all do.
Will they shun them, judge them, stone them, kill them.​
And guess what? Not one of us will know if we are right with how we treat them until judgement day. Just a thought :D

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Mike182 said:
- if someone really was genuinley struggling with something, i would offer to help, its their right to refuse, and if they refused, i would respectfully back off
Excellent....Now you would respectfully back off once you felt the person clearly understood and refused help, right?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Evenstar said:
Here's food for thought, all you who claim been a homosexual is a sin, have you ever thought God put them here to see what we would all do.
And guess what? Not one of us will know if we are right with how we treat them until judgement day. Just a thought :D
Great point! :clap

Quiddity

jeffrey said:
Drug addiction is something that is bad for the person, I would try and help someone help themselves, NOT because it's a sin, but because it can destroy you. Try something else... like re-marrying.
Why do you think God trys to help us with sin? I think you did a wonderful job of answering that question: because it can destroy you.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Victor said:
Excellent....Now you would respectfully back off once you felt the person clearly understood and refused help, right?
i would say something along the lines of "how do you truely feel about what you are doing"

if they say "it is within my personal morality" i would say "fair enough" and back off

i would like to state however, that this is only my view on consentual issues

Quiddity

Evenstar said:
Definately. No one should do such things.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Victor said:
Why do you think God trys to help us with sin? I think you did a wonderful job of answering that question: because it can destroy you.
So, being gay can destroy you? re-marrying can destroy you?

Quiddity

Mike182 said:
i would say something along the lines of "how do you truely feel about what you are doing"

if they say "it is within my personal morality" i would say "fair enough" and back off

i would like to state however, that this is only my view on consentual issues
That is fine and that person would be in his right to say that you were trying to push your morality on him/her simply because you tried to help, right?

Quiddity

jeffrey said:
So, being gay can destroy you? re-marrying can destroy you?
Why are you making this a gay thing? I don't think being homosexual is a sin. Sin is not attracted to homosexual only but to humans in general.

Quiddity

Mike182 said:
this is exactly why i believe morality is subjective to context
No qualms here. Although that is something we all do in an objective world, isn't it?

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Think about this, what is worse a gay man trying to be as the Bible states, he marries a lady, has kids.... but realizes he is not settled, not meant to be this way.
So he follows his heart, and ends up leaving his wife and children... to fend alone.​
I feel this would be selfish..... he would be best now following his heart. We have no right in trying to change him.

Quiddity

Evenstar said:
Think about this, what is worse a gay man trying to be as the Bible states, he marries a lady, has kids.... but realizes he is not settled, not meant to be this way.
So he follows his heart, and ends up leaving his wife and children... to fend alone.​
I feel this would be selfish..... he would be best now following his heart. We have no right in trying to change him.
It would be best he tried to follow the Bible IMO.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Victor said:
Why are you making this a gay thing? I don't think being homosexual is a sin. Sin is not attracted to homosexual only but to humans in general.
Glad to hear that. What about re-marrying?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I do not struggle with my homosexuality.

I rather enjoy it. ;)
Nonsense, I thought we have been through this before.
Yep, but I think I know myself a little more than you or "researchers."

Especially ones from antigay groups. : D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Victor said:
That is fine and that person would be in his right to say that you were trying to push your morality on him/her simply because you tried to help, right?
they would have the right to, but instead of putting up a defensive, i would respectfully back away

i think im going to do that now as well, it late and im tired. my tiredness has reached the extent where this thread no longer makes coherent sense........ blessed be :kissbette
mike