• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love the sinner hate the sin?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Aqualung said:
Christ exemplified this. He constant admonished sinners for their sin in very loving ways. He told the pharisees to not be such hypocrits, but he didn't hate them. He did it pretty much all the time.
But were did he say this? were did he tell his apostles to do this?

Ðanisty

Victor said:
Of course I can. How is this relevant?
Then I can only believe that your faith is not as strong as mine. Sorry to have wasted your time with this analogy.

Did anyone else read the article that Jeffrey posted a link to?

Aqualung

Tasty
See, jeffrey, that argument doesn't really hold a lot of weight with me, when it comes from you. AFter all, can you tell me where Christ said that people can follow their own path? Can you tell me where christ said that all you need is love? Coming from somebody with the beliefs that you have, I just don't respect that argument enough to dignify it with a genuine response.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Aqualung said:
See, jeffrey, that argument doesn't really hold a lot of weight with me, when it comes from you. AFter all, can you tell me where Christ said that people can follow their own path? Can you tell me where christ said that all you need is love? Coming from somebody with the beliefs that you have, I just don't respect that argument enough to dignify it with a genuine response.
Because he never said that. He taught a different message. And yes, I follow my own path, unlike some who believe what they are told to believe. ;)

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Ðanisty said:
Then I can only believe that your faith is not as strong as mine. Sorry to have wasted your time with this analogy.

Did anyone else read the article that Jeffrey posted a link to?
Yes I did, and it says it all in my eyes.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
Could someone please point me to were Christ stated 'love the sinner, hate the sin'?
I would suggest referring to the ENTIRE NT of the Bible.

We know that one of the greatest teachings of Christ is to love each other. We also know that to live the life of a Christian...we are to loathe sin...to turn away from it as much as possible.

Matthew 5:43-48 explains that we are to love even our enemies.

I love these verses in Jude...

"But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And on some have compassion making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh."

Jude 20-23 (NKJV)

I am to love my neighbor and my enemies. As a christian, I am to be a light in this world...so that others can see Christ in me. I am to love the sinner...but despise sin.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Ðanisty said:
Your not wasting my time. I just don't see how it's relevant. And how in the world did you conclude that your faith is stronger then mine?:confused:

Ðanisty

Victor said:
Your not wasting my time. I just don't see how it's relevant. And how in the world did you conclude that your faith is stronger then mine?:confused:
By the simple fact that I believe so deeply in Lucifer that I know I cannot change that about myself. Being Luciferian is so much a part of me that I could not decide to walk a different path.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny, I've read and studied every verse in the NT. Took lessons on them. I want someone to tell me how they can possibly get hate the sin from what Jesus taught. He ate with sinners. He rebuked people that judged them. He told people to clean up their lives, not to tell others how to live theirs.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
But no where does it say LOVE THE SINNER, HATE THE SIN! Its says despite the sin... thats not hate.

Aqualung

Tasty
jeffrey said:
dawny, I've read and studied every verse in the NT. Took lessons on them. I want someone to tell me how they can possibly get hate the sin from what Jesus taught. He ate with sinners. He rebuked people that judged them. He told people to clean up their lives, not to tell others how to live theirs.
He rebuked people for their own sins, too. The fact that he told people to clean up their lives definitely gives us some indication of the unpleasant feelings he had towards sin, but the love he had for the people to give them that direction.

Did you, by any chance, read that part about the road to the kingdom of god being straight and narrow? Just out of curiosity...

Quiddity

Ðanisty said:
By the simple fact that I believe so deeply in Lucifer that I know I cannot change that about myself. Being Luciferian is so much a part of me that I could not decide to walk a different path.
I stand corrected. Your faith is stronger. :bow:
Although this still doesn't mean you don't have the capacity to change. It just means you don't want to.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Evenstar said:
Yes I did, and it says it all in my eyes.
Thought you might like it!
Danisty, I would love it if you could copy and paste that article. More people would read it then.​
;)

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Evenstar said:
But no where does it say LOVE THE SINNER, HATE THE SIN! Its says despite the sin... thats not hate.
Evenstar, it would be very difficult to follow Christ if you don't hate sin.

Sin is NOT of Christ. Sin is of the adversary.

Coming against sin, turning away from sin is implied throughout the entire Bible. If you live your life according to the flesh...you're living a life of sin. And that's not the life that we are to live in Christ.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Aqualung said:
He rebuked people for their own sins, too. The fact that he told people to clean up their lives definitely gives us some indication of the unpleasant feelings he had towards sin, but the love he had for the people to give them that direction.

Did you, by any chance, read that part about the road to the kingdom of god being straight and narrow? Just out of curiosity...
Yes. And did you read the part about loving everyone? Just curious.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
I don't tell other people how to live their lives. I simply share how I have chosen to live MY life. And I am a Christian. I fully embrace the Word of God. This is who I am. What you see is what you get.

And I'm telling you...there is no way that I could consider MYSELF a Christian if I did NOT HATE sin.

Christ hung in agony for OUR sins...so that we could be purified.

Christ loved the sinner but he did NOT LOVE the sin!

Quiddity

Me thinks some people think that TO LOVE = ACCEPTING EVERYTHING.
Even rape and every other horrible thing in this world. What a twisted way of seeing love.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Further...why doesn't someone share scripture which states that it's okay to be tolerant of sin.

It's not. Christ told us to sin no more.