• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love For All, Hatred For None

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Would also point out the hypocrisy of your linked article which states of Mirza Nasir Ahmad, "He had to bear through his entire community being declared Non-Muslim in the Supreme Court of Pakistan" when Mirza Ghulam Ahmad wrote of Muslims who did not accept his call to prophethood -
In the old version of Tadhkirah (2004 edition and the 1976 english edition and all previous urdu editions) there was an Urdu ilham on page 346:

“””God almighty has conveyed it to me that every person to whom my call is conveyed and who does not accept me is not a Muslim and is accountable to God for his defult (Letter addressed to Dr. Abdul Hakeem)(April 1906).”””
Source 2009 Tadhkirah vs. the 2004 Tadhkirah, in terms of Takfir
Or if you prefer it direct from an Ahmadi source in English, check out the last paragraph on page 87 here;
The Essence of Islam
I'm not sure if this represents hatred for someone. The passage is written from the perspective of The Mahdi? Muslims are not the Mahdi?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Can you see any religious system that lives up to this motto?
So far, forgive me, I think that Buddhism does the best job at living up to: "love for all, hatred for none." But I think most religious systems have the components necessary to achieve this.

I also think that people of non-belief live up to this too. I have met a few Atheists here on RF and many many non-believers in real life who hate none. They are role models for me.

I don't fault you for your beliefs that Christ is the only way. I find great value in your conviction to maintain the accuracy of the texts. But I cannot ignore how I feel in my heart that everyone is working together, building a bridge into the future.

Hyperlink >>> poetryfoundation.org - The Bridge Builder BY WILL ALLEN DROMGOOLE

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
"Love for All Hatred for None is a universal motto of peace, justice, equality, love, understanding, and mutual reconciliation. The motto was coined by the third spiritual leader of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Hazrat Mirza Nasir Ahmad (ra).
Hazrath Mirza Nasir Ahmad (ra) coined this motto on occasion of the inauguration of the first mosque in Spain in the last 700 years on October 9, 1980. Elaborating on this motto he said, “Islam teaches us to live with mutual love and affection and with humility.”
Islam means Peace and in-order to uphold principles of peace, one needs mutual love and affection. How can one ensure mutual love is continuously spread, clearly with humility? I believe humility aspect is the key reason why ‘Hatred for None’ is present in the motto. If one is humble, one acknowledges that they have many shortcomings and learns to overlook shortcomings of others which help foster an atmosphere of hatred for none."

A History and Description of the Ahmadiyya Motto: Love for All, Hatred for None

It's a fantastic message, but...

Will he publicly walk away from claiming that the Quran and Muhammad are perfect? If not, then the speaker does not seem sincere.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's a fantastic message, but...

Will he publicly walk away from claiming that the Quran and Muhammad are perfect? If not, then the speaker does not seem sincere.
Perfect means different things to different people. But, it is a good point. And I will not forget it.

Thank you.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Perfect means different things to different people. But, it is a good point. And I will not forget it.

Thank you.

Many (most), religious people are well intended. I would say that they are well intended IN SPITE OF what their scripture says, not because of it.

But some religious people take their ancient, barbaric scripture far too literally.

In both cases, the scripture isn't helping, it's hurting.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Many (most), religious people are well intended. I would say that they are well intended IN SPITE OF what their scripture says, not because of it.

But some religious people take their ancient, barbaric scripture far too literally.

In both cases, the scripture isn't helping, it's hurting.
Sometimes scripture is a perfect negative role-model. But... I know what you mean.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So far, forgive me, I think that Buddhism does the best job at living up to: "love for all, hatred for none." But I think most religious systems have the components necessary to achieve this.

I also think that people of non-belief live up to this too. I have met a few Atheists here on RF and many many non-believers in real life who hate none. They are role models for me.

I don't fault you for your beliefs that Christ is the only way. I find great value in your conviction to maintain the accuracy of the texts. But I cannot ignore how I feel in my heart that everyone is working together, building a bridge into the future.

Hyperlink >>> poetryfoundation.org - The Bridge Builder BY WILL ALLEN DROMGOOLE

The Buddhists of Sri Lanka, and the Buddhists of Myanmar would be notable exceptions.

I think 'hatred' is misunderstood. It's not just indifference for example. Having been accused of hate for merely stating that I have a different opinion makes me think that.

Hatred, for me, is when it's the first thing out of someone's mouth if they see something they disagree with, and they'd be willing to give money or do actions to support that hate.

We Never Know

No Slack
"Love for All Hatred for None is a universal motto of peace, justice, equality, love, understanding, and mutual reconciliation. The motto was coined by the third spiritual leader of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Hazrat Mirza Nasir Ahmad (ra).
Hazrath Mirza Nasir Ahmad (ra) coined this motto on occasion of the inauguration of the first mosque in Spain in the last 700 years on October 9, 1980. Elaborating on this motto he said, “Islam teaches us to live with mutual love and affection and with humility.”
Islam means Peace and in-order to uphold principles of peace, one needs mutual love and affection. How can one ensure mutual love is continuously spread, clearly with humility? I believe humility aspect is the key reason why ‘Hatred for None’ is present in the motto. If one is humble, one acknowledges that they have many shortcomings and learns to overlook shortcomings of others which help foster an atmosphere of hatred for none."

A History and Description of the Ahmadiyya Motto: Love for All, Hatred for None

IMO, in reality, some love to hate and some hate to love.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I'm not sure if this represents hatred for someone. The passage is written from the perspective of The Mahdi? Muslims are not the Mahdi?
I did not say it represented hatred, I said it represented hypocrisy that Mirza Nasir Ahmad cringed at Ahmadiyya being declared non-Muslims when it was done by Pakistani courts, but found it acceptable for Mirza Ghulam Ahmad to do it to other Muslims who do not accept his call to prophethood.

I did not say Muslims are the Mahdi.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Christianity is one faith, not a mix of many...in fact we are told specifically NOT to mix true worship with false worship. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

Christ has many sheep. Christ Love covers all humanity.

False worship could be thinking one has a faith surperior to others. We are all in this life to help each other, as Christ has many names.

It is the Glory of God, the Father, that makes all those Names One and allows us to have 'Love for all and hatred for none'

Regards Tony

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
What is hatred?

From my point of view:

Hatred is taking action or the desire to take action to change some one or some thing against their will. Hatred is like a closed fist swung in anger.

What is love?

From my point of view:

Love is taking action or the desire to take action to nurture some one or some thing in harmony with their will. Love is like an open hand offering assistance.

( generally speaking )

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
The question is:

When does a closed fist swung in anger become needed? When does an open hand offering assistance become harmful?

Love for all, hatred for none is an ideal. But it's not perfect for every situation for every person. That is how I feel.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The question is:

When does a closed fist swung in anger become needed? When does an open hand offering assistance become harmful?

Love for all, hatred for none is an ideal. But it's not perfect for every situation for every person. That is how I feel.

I see the anger in this case is still based in Love, as the Law can be seen as this closed fist.

Regards Tony