• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

love conquers all

robtex

Veteran Member
A fella I know is getting that tattooed to his side at the request of his wife-to-be. I hear the phrase a lot almost exclusively from women and in the context of topics of romanticism and relationships. I wanted to ask a few questions about it :

1) What does "Love conquers all mean?"

2) How often does "love conquers all"

3) and why do you, after you define it and if you find validity in both your definition and the idea of "love conquers" yall feel or think the way that you do ?

4) Lastly if you feel that "love concurs all" why the word choice of "conquers"? What is love doing in the conquest business?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Do you mean "Love conquers all"? If so, I'd make sure that's what your friend is getting tattooed, and not "Love concurs all", as that has a completely different meaning.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Love challenges..us all..If someone "loves you" you better be ready to prove it to them..

Love

Dallas

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I guess that it means if you love something strongly enough, you can overcome any barriers that might separate you from it.

yirme

sannyasi
A fella I know is getting that tattooed to his side at the request of his wife-to-be. I hear the phrase a lot almost exclusively from women and in the context of topics of romanticism and relationships. I wanted to ask a few questions about it :

1) What does "Love conquers all mean?"

2) How often does "love conquers all"

3) and why do you, after you define it and if you find validity in both your definition and the idea of "love conquers" yall feel or think the way that you do ?

4) Lastly if you feel that "love concurs all" why the word choice of "conquers"? What is love doing in the conquest business?
peace,
1) in a deeper sense of 'love conquers all', God is love. to truly be close to God, one must let love dominate their lives, their decisions, their thoughts, and their works. love for their family, love for their neighbor, love for every creature from an ant to a human, love for God. that is the pure love that must permeate one's life.
in a relationship sense, i have found that most people are fooling themselves when they say it. they say love conquers all with their lips, but a few months later they are fighting about money. a clear sign that it was not rooted in the heart, but only spoken by the lips.
2) always with patience, wisdom, and true love/real faith
3) i feel it in my heart, see it in my life, and know it is true.
4) conquering is not synonomous with conquest. if i am attacked by a rodent of unusual size, i can conquer that creature without having a conquest. but one can also have a conquest to destroy their evil/harmful actions and thoughts, this could be assisted by allowing the love into your heart and letting it flow and grow and guide your maneuvers. this would be a good conquest.

sounds like an interesting tattoo, but i would personally not get a tat based on what someone else wants.

peace and love

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
To me, Love is the one emotion that can win over anything; if I did not believe that, I would choose not be here.

Love does conquer all when one is a parent; thank goodness........:rolleyes:

robtex

Veteran Member
To me, Love is the one emotion that can win over anything; if I did not believe that, I would choose not be here.

Love does conquer all when one is a parent; thank goodness........:rolleyes:

Michel so what you are saying that the emotion of love can create such a strong drive that social or economic barriers are less likely to create permanent barrier to achieving a desired objective than say drive that originated from other emotions?