• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love conquers all

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I offten seem to start threads with 'I may be naive' - I suppose I am, but perhaps it is more of a case of being idealistic, and believing in what I do.

One of my prime motivators is 'Love conquers all' - I apply that in all walks of life; I refuse to see the world as a cynic. I have often seen NetDoc define faith as 'Love' - correct me if I am wrong...

Of course, there are times when the battle is pretty much uphill:D , but I will never drop my belief in that; I believe that Love is an ingrediant in Ki or chi, prayers - anything good.
Anyone feel the same?
How do you perceive this ? - am I in fact a 'daydream believer ?' (Monkeys?):)

Fluffy

A fool
In my opinion, you are completely correct on this Michel. In fact it is one of the central aspects of my faith.

For a long time I used to ascribe to the view that the world is balanced and that love is therefore not an inherently good thing, just different. I've totally changed my mind now though. I don't want a balanced world. I want one where evil is totally erradicated and love is the best, if not only, way of creating such a place.

I have been accused of being an idealist as well but I like to think that I am actually a firmly entrenched realist. Afterall, if you start treating something like an ideal then it becomes impossible to achieve. A healthy dose of realism makes it seem much more reachable, strangely.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
michel said:
I offten seem to start threads with 'I may be naive' - I suppose I am, but perhaps it is more of a case of being idealistic, and believing in what I do.

One of my prime motivators is 'Love conquers all' - I apply that in all walks of life; I refuse to see the world as a cynic. I have often seen NetDoc define faith as 'Love' - correct me if I am wrong...

Of course, there are times when the battle is pretty much uphill:D , but I will never drop my belief in that; I believe that Love is an ingrediant in Ki or chi, prayers - anything good.
Anyone feel the same?
How do you perceive this ? - am I in fact a 'daydream believer ?' (Monkeys?):)
Love is a force unequivilant to any out there. Simple as that. :)

Melody

Well, I'm not sure love always conquers all. I think some people are too far gone to recognize love when it hits them over the head. Saddam Hussein, Hitler and Idi Amin come to mind.

I don't think that means we shouldn't continue to try because you know, God works in mysterious ways.