• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love and Judgment

Jeremiah Ames

Once, I thought that judgment was a negative thing. I could not see a positive aspect to the concept. But that changed a few years ago.

It changed about the same time I stopped attending Christian churches.

I was looking today online for an inspirational Christmas story, and came across this one:

Christmas Message

It’s a sermon (story) about how judgment and LOVE are not mutually exclusive.

If you’re not religious (like me) or anti religious, beware, there are a few religious words.

Considering just how far Christianity has moved away from “Christ”, especially with the evangelical movement in the U.S., I want to share this today.

I hope you enjoy.

ValdresRose

It’s a sermon (story) about how judgment and LOVE are not mutually exclusive.

It might be useful for the reader of the article that the word "judgment" is actually "choice". Good judgment = good choice.

Try to include this in your book of Wisdom: Underneath judgment there is always anger.

Search for the cause of the anger. Then forgive yourself.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So it is the story of love and wisdom working together, as they always do, and working in this case in a human form for all to see and understand.

Without getting into theological disputes, this to me is the core and one that resonates. I've heard it as "mind and heart" in balance with the heart leading the mind which to me is wisdom in service of love.

May we all grow toward that ideal.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Once, I thought that judgment was a negative thing. I could not see a positive aspect to the concept. But that changed a few years ago.

I was looking today online for an inspirational Christmas story, and came across this one:

Christmas Message
It's all about interpretation of below verse. These are Jesus' words and they are very simple and easy for me, as

Jesus says here:
1) I came into this world because people judge
2) So that those who are "blind" (blind towards right/wrong = those who do NOT judge) they will "see" (see God)
3) and those who "see" (see right/wrong = those who judge) those will become "blind" (blind for God, do NOT see God)

What does John 9:39 mean?
John 9:39, NIV: "Jesus said, 'For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.'"
@stvdvRF

Last edited:

wellwisher

It's all about interpretation of below verse. These are Jesus' words and they are very simple and easy for me, as

Jesus says here:
1) I came into this world because people judge
2) So that those who are "blind" (blind towards right/wrong = those who do NOT judge) they will "see" (see God)
3) and those who "see" (see right/wrong = those who judge) those will become "blind" (blind for God, do NOT see God)

What does John 9:39 mean?

@stvdvRF

Judgement, such as self righteousness, often stems from stereo typing and/or assuming one size fits all. It does not see the individual, in the context of them being a unique person in a unique situation. Rather it sees all the herd, like clones. and expects all the clones to conform, to the one size fits all. Law often comes up with standards that do not apply to all yet are applied that way.

At an unconscious level, judging each person as a clone of each other, versus as individuals, causes a repression of common sense. This may lead to the need to be overcompensated; become even more strict. Many still think this is good, since it is lawful and enforced by the law. However, if you could see the truth that each person is unique, than lawful can create confusion. Being more tolerant, even of unlawful, before judging, will make more sense. Some people can do certain thing without any net harm.

If you look at the corona virus, deadly as it is, it only affects about 1% of the population, yet we are all; 100%, judged in a one size fits all fashion. In a rational world, one should be able to see that most will suffer no ill affects and therefore we need a better tailored set of rules.

Those who like to lord over others in emotional judgement, will prefer the one size fits. This is easier and less personal. If the truth was to sink into their brains, that this old behavior is half baked thinking, the self righteous will become blind. Those who did not judge, will continue to pause before judging the situation, unattached to emotional thinking and bias. They will see the truth in each case, but in a case by case way. This behavior comes last ,since it take more brain power. Law was made for the herd animal.

All racism and sexism and all other isms are based on the one size fits all approach to judgement, followed by herd animal acceptance of this approach. The racist does not take the time to know the person and situation, but rather lumps them into a one size fits all stereotype. Reparations is a racist solution, since it does not speak to each individual to see their role in the accusation. Rather it uses a one size fits all approach based only on skin color, to justify a shakedown. The self righteous will call this good and may even make a law to enforce the racism, calling it good.

Last edited:

ValdresRose

All racism and sexism and all other isms are based on the one size fits all approach to judgement, followed by herd animal acceptance of this approach. The racist does not take the time to know the person and situation, but rather lumps them into a one size fits all stereotype. Reparations is a racist solution, since it does not speak to each individual to see their role in the accusation. Rather it uses a one size fits all approach based only on skin color, to justify a shakedown. The self righteous will call this good and may even make a law to enforce the racism, calling it good.
We all must learn to apply these concept into our daily life, otherwise they are of no use to us. Apply it to daily life!! Identification with things, such as race, religion, politics, cars, ad infinitum, cause us to increase our anger. Stop identifying with things!! We nourish our anger by identifying with our, so called, beliefs.

Try to remember, when we, or someone we're visiting with judges or criticizes us or another person there is always anger underneath. It is anger that drives our judging. Search for the cause of the anger, it's almost always caused by identifying with things.

How can we know if we are harboring anger? Most of us don't feel anger. We can know if we're angary be paying attention to what we are thinking. Yes, it is that simple. Change our thought patterns and we change our life.

Of course you would say that, you hated being christian because it requires effort, i totally understand because even myself i have times of spiritual frustration. That being said, judgement is a good thing. Without judgement there is no morals, no identity, no prosperity, no nothing. Everything requires judgement. Absolutely everything. The most important judgements come from spiritual and self awareness.